Become a Patron!

need a setup, want to blow clouds, new to vaping

Hello, I'm very new to vaping, I have been using my cousins box mod that I really liked and I wanted to get into the whole thing. I was looking at cana modz with a lemo drop sub tank and maybe later getting a dipper or whatever it's called just wanted some help on the setup including wire and tool kit, willing to spend 150 dollars max. Thank you

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to VU and the vaping world!

Do you know what kind of box mod your cousin has? It would help if we knew. Getting into vaping for 150 is totally doable but it depends on what you want to get into starting out the gate. If you're completely new and not sure if you want to rebuild or not yet I'd be looking at something like an Istick 50 watt and a Subtank of any size. The 50 watt Istick has a built in battery which some consider a draw back but it saves you on separate battery and charger prices in the beginning. And by getting a Subtank you can vape either the 1.2 ohm or the .5 sub ohm coils without having to rebuild or have a little RDA deck to work with that is simular in style to a kayfun or a lemo if you want to try and work out a build when you're ready. If you go with something else that requires 18650 batteries then I would by them from a place called WWW.RTDvapor.com . They are not the cheapest place to get batteries but they always have authentic batteries so you don't have to worry about their quality. I recommend getting Samsung 25R's to start out with. You can also get them from http://lightning-vapes.myshopify.com/collections/all

Mostly make sure whatever battery you buy, whether Samsung or LG or anything else that it has a 20 amp "continuous amp drain limit" or higher. Whether your using a mech or regulated high watt box mod you need this high drain limit to push most lower sub ohm builds and to power most high watt box mods chipsets.

The link to Lightning Vapes above is a good cheap place to buy rebuilding supplies if you insist on going the RDA route out of the gate. You'll get cheap wire and it's good to buy a pack of cotton bacon for wick if you're just stating out and it's the easiest cotton I've ever used to wick with till you get the hang of wicking. You can get wire cutters, a good battery charger there at about the cheapest price for them as well as an ohms meter.

As for what box or tube mod to buy, I would do a little google fu and look at your options. 101 vapes is about the cheapest place to buy things if they carry what you're looking for mod and RDA/tank wise. And I understand you're on a budget...we all are of some sort. But I wouldn't count out dropping the cash for something like a Segelei 100 watt plus or an IVP 2/3. I know that is a lot of cash to put out up front but a lot of us vapors have bought one thing and then went out and bought another very quickly because the first thing we bought didn't keep us happy for very long and then we spent twice the cash. A good regulated 100 watt box mod may cost a little more out the starting gate but has more than enough power to keep you happy regardless of if you're running a Aerotank at 10 watts or dripping at 80 watts, they can do it both just fine. Seriously take a couple days and look around and ask questions here about what you're thinking of buying....you'll get plenty of feedback. Don't be afraid to check out the reviews on things either so you can kinda get an up close view on stuff...it will help a bunch.

When you think you've found what you're looking for we're here to help. Best of luck to you and happy hunting :)

Welcome to VU and the vaping world!

Do you know what kind of box mod your cousin has? It would help if we knew. Getting into vaping for 150 is totally doable but it depends on what you want to get into starting out the gate. If you're completely new and not sure if you want to rebuild or not yet I'd be looking at something like an Istick 50 watt and a Subtank of any size. The 50 watt Istick has a built in battery which some consider a draw back but it saves you on separate battery and charger prices in the beginning. And by getting a Subtank you can vape either the 1.2 ohm or the .5 sub ohm coils without having to rebuild or have a little RDA deck to work with that is simular in style to a kayfun or a lemo if you want to try and work out a build when you're ready. If you go with something else that requires 18650 batteries then I would by them from a place called WWW.RTDvapor.com . They are not the cheapest place to get batteries but they always have authentic batteries so you don't have to worry about their quality. I recommend getting Samsung 25R's to start out with. You can also get them from http://lightning-vapes.myshopify.com/collections/all

Mostly make sure whatever battery you buy, whether Samsung or LG or anything else that it has a 20 amp "continuous amp drain limit" or higher. Whether your using a mech or regulated high watt box mod you need this high drain limit to push most lower sub ohm builds and to power most high watt box mods chipsets.

The link to Lightning Vapes above is a good cheap place to buy rebuilding supplies if you insist on going the RDA route out of the gate. You'll get cheap wire and it's good to buy a pack of cotton bacon for wick if you're just stating out and it's the easiest cotton I've ever used to wick with till you get the hang of wicking. You can get wire cutters, a good battery charger there at about the cheapest price for them as well as an ohms meter.

As for what box or tube mod to buy, I would do a little google fu and look at your options. 101 vapes is about the cheapest place to buy things if they carry what you're looking for mod and RDA/tank wise. And I understand you're on a budget...we all are of some sort. But I wouldn't count out dropping the cash for something like a Segelei 100 watt plus or an IVP 2/3. I know that is a lot of cash to put out up front but a lot of us vapors have bought one thing and then went out and bought another very quickly because the first thing we bought didn't keep us happy for very long and then we spent twice the cash. A good regulated 100 watt box mod may cost a little more out the starting gate but has more than enough power to keep you happy regardless of if you're running a Aerotank at 10 watts or dripping at 80 watts, they can do it both just fine. Seriously take a couple days and look around and ask questions here about what you're thinking of buying....you'll get plenty of feedback. Don't be afraid to check out the reviews on things either so you can kinda get an up close view on stuff...it will help a bunch.

When you think you've found what you're looking for we're here to help. Best of luck to you and happy hunting :)

He uses a Hana mod, and I think I will look around for some stuff thanks man!

VU Sponsors