Need a New Tank and Suggestions

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Good Day Fellow Vapers….

I am in the market for a new sub ohm tank. Currently I have been using the Aspire Atlantis. This tank is a very good tank and my only complaint (after upgrading to the larger size capacity) has been the lack of flavor and the coil construction materials. My first tank was the Nautilus Mini and from there I upgraded to the IVP3 and Atlantis. The Atlantis does go through a lot of juice and with using juice that contains a fair amount of custard etc, I do burn though the coils quickly. Those two items are not as much as a concern as the lack of flavor and the materials being used in the Atlantis coils. Until I can get a hold of the new coils with organic cotton, I am going to put the Atlantis on the shelf for a bit.

Which brings me to my actual question. I am a HEAVY vapor so it is my understanding that going to a rebuildable tank set up is probably my best bet ( I go through approx 16 - 20 ml of juice 80VG/20PG per day). In looking through many posts, the trends point to the Delta II, Kanger Subtank Mini, Billow or Lemo. All seem to have their share of concerns (leaking, hard to fill, hard to see etc…. ) so I turn to those who actually use the equipment instead of the potential influenced reviews out there. I do have several drippers at home so I am familiar and comfortable with building my own coils etc, but a RDA is not advantageous to drive around with or at the office. From what I can see the Lemo appears to be the clear winner due to the lack of leaking issues, rebuildable and flavor production. I do love the vapor production out of the Atlantis but the flavor has always been muted IMO and with the Nautilus as well. I contribute that to the Aspire line. Although I have been Aspire all the way, I am looking elsewhere until the cotton coils arrive in which I do hope the flavor will be improved. Since I also DIY for my ejuice being able to taste the flavors are important. Your thoughts on a good tank that will deliver the flavor and vapor in one without leaking and other nuisance problems I.E re-filing, leaking etc…? your thoughts and advise will be well taken and I thank you in advance for your comments.

db3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I haven't been able to try them yet (I have them on order, hopefully they'll be here by the weekend), but the MELO coils supposedly fit the Atlantis... they're organic cotton and cheaper than the Atlantis coils - they seem to be available all over the place now (I paid $12 from eciggity), so if they perform you might be able take that Atlantis right back off your shelf -- http://www.eciggity.com/eleaf-melo-coils-5-pack/ -- maybe, but who knows, maybe they suck, just throwing it out there as a possibility.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Me, I am a Kayfun fan.

I have several of the different models and non of them leak on me once I have them filled. Very small leaks before when they occur are all on me!
And my fat broken fingers!

TasteMyToast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got a delta II, the flavor is amazing. I just ordered the rebuildable deck from eciggity, but the pre built coils are great. No leaks, but it is kinda hard to fill. Overall it's leaps and bounds ahead of my Atlantis. Gonna pick up a melo on payday this week, just out of curiosity. I'll let ya know how it compares to the Delta.

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Here ya go. This one defeats all others. The Atlantis, the subtank, the delta II, None of them compare to the Arctic Tank from Horizon Tech. See the video below.

Happy Vaping Everyone!!
CV :)

P.S. I have a Lemo as well, and the flavor is slightly better than the Arctic, but you have to build it yourself. It is not a cloud chucker, but at 30-35 watts it has excellent flavor. Basically same build deck as a Kayfun with at least triple the airflow. If you are a flavor chaser, the Lemo might be your best bet. I get no leaking, great flavor, and single coils are extremely easy to build. I will post a video of that one too.

Ok, Here is the LEMO.

Last edited:

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I do hope the new coils will fix the Atlantis but if it still just plain sucks then it's off to the next piece. I like all the comments and will do more research as well. Any thoughts on the Lemon?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I am going to check on the artic now. Thanks for the Lemo video. Very nice

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

VaporRush

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll put a vote in for the lemo. I just got my second one and the flavor for a RBA is incredible. Easy to build on and no leaking to date, except when I forgot to put the fill screw back in after filling my tank. lol good luck.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Havent tried tried any of the rta tanks but have 2 coming to me

A Kayfun lite plus and a Taifun GT

From what ive learned you can do some serious modding to a taifun to get some pretty big air draw and maintain flavor...Not so finacky with wicking either..easy to fill....not many complaints of leaking except for user error...Easy deck to work with for coils as well...Think im gonna love my taifun.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Such a fun time to search for more equipment and getting the words first hand from those who actually use the equipment. Thanks again all.
Now I just have to decide on which way to go haha

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I love love my subtank mini'
It's so simple either use OCC or RBA the mini is ONE cool so it's so simple for beginners like myself (that and kayfun all I've done )
One is installed already lol just add cotton!
It comes w cotton too along w everything else!
It's worth it!
You Vape high VG juice for of sensitivity like me... You won't go wrong w this!!
I don't mind buying OCC coils all is still much cheaper than smoking so I don't mind even the nano!
Or the atlantis I may consider if there's an atlantis mini out... Wonder if so!

My daily Vape attys
Subtank
Nautilus
Nautilus mini

I have an extra nautilus if anyone wants to trade me something

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Hey Nancy_Bout
Thanks for the info. I was thinking about the subtank mini at first, but then stumbled onto the Lemo specs. For me, I am looking for the best flavor, nice clouds and no leaking, or other BS issues to deal with. I do love the Atlantis as it is just fill it and vape it but since the flavor is not where I want it to be etc, I find myself looking around. One of the things that made me look at the subtank mini is the ability to use the OCC or RBA options. I have not crossed it off the list yet and just working through trying to determine the best set up for my vaping habits.
Yes I love the High VG as well. I do not think I have a sensitivity but I do love me some big vape clouds and high VG will do that for me.
There is not an Atlantis mini, but the stock version is only 2ML so it is pretty small in that respect. I did find a mod that increased the capacity to 8ML which I totally love. Just wish the flavor was better and the coils were not suspect.
My dailys are in not any specific order:
Atlantis - traveling and at work (this is the one I need to replace)
Mutant X V3 - love love love
Dark Horse RDA - Huge plumes
Nautilus mini - nice cool vapes on this with my MVP

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lemo or Subtank will give you want you need..

haven't tried the Arctic but the 3ml capacity and no rba option is not selling me..

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'll throw another vote in for the subtank. As far as ease of use it can't be beat and I believe they have now solved any previous leaking issues with the mini. I have the full size and had some minor leak issues at first but I got the replacement o-rings from kanger (just emailed them and they sent them right out) and have not had a single problem with it since!

I'm getting a mini as soon as I can afford to get two (or three lol) so I can give one to my wife to replace her aerotank. IMO the airflow and ability to quickly swap between the prebuilt coils and RBA makes the mini a big winner!

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'll throw another vote in for the subtank. As far as ease of use it can't be beat and I believe they have now solved any previous leaking issues with the mini. I have the full size and had some minor leak issues at first but I got the replacement o-rings from kanger (just emailed them and they sent them right out) and have not had a single problem with it since!

I'm getting a mini as soon as I can afford to get two (or three lol) so I can give one to my wife to replace her aerotank. IMO the airflow and ability to quickly swap between the prebuilt coils and RBA makes the mini a big winner!

hmm i haven't had any leaking issues but maybe I'll email them for spare orings just in case..

i washed the glass with luke warm water the other night and the thing cracked all over the place.. I'm pretty pissed.. so just be careful if you ever wash it out.. the water was barely warm too which i dont really understand.. thats my luck though..

will need to order a mini this week and some replacement glass when i can find it in stock - sucks because I'm really missing the vape now

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
hmm i haven't had any leaking issues but maybe I'll email them for spare orings just in case..

i washed the glass with luke warm water the other night and the thing cracked all over the place.. I'm pretty pissed.. so just be careful if you ever wash it out.. the water was barely warm too which i dont really understand.. thats my luck though..

will need to order a mini this week and some replacement glass when i can find it in stock - sucks because I'm really missing the vape now

Is the glass on the mini much thinner than the full size? I've been using my subtank all day just about every day since I got it and haven't cracked the glass yet. I also have vape bands on there to help protect it, put them on to stop the minor leakage from the seams and still keep em on so those hit first :D

Also, I saw that slowtech now has replacement glass for the subtanks, I think it's $9 for 5 and they have some cool colors!

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is the glass on the mini much thinner than the full size? I've been using my subtank all day just about every day since I got it and haven't cracked the glass yet. I also have vape bands on there to help protect it, put them on to stop the minor leakage from the seams and still keep em on so those hit first :D

Also, I saw that slowtech now has replacement glass for the subtanks, I think it's $9 for 5 and they have some cool colors!

yea someone just told me that too - i will have to grab some as backups.. and I haven't used the mini yet so not sure how the glass stacks up to the regular subtank but i couldnt believe it cracked like that with luke warm water.. I've washed my aerotanks in really hot water and never had an issue like that.. kinda pissed me off a little bit lol but i wont make that mistake again!

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have both a Lemo and two subtank mini's

They both are good tanks, but I rarely use my Lemo ever since I got my subtank mini.

My subtank mini's do not leak at all, and they are easy to fill. The Lemo is a pain to fill with that little screw.

My subtank has amazing flavor with the OCC coils.

One thing I have noticed though is the Lemo does better than the subtank (in RBA mode) with heavier VG juice. But I have had the OCC coils feed the high VG juice just fine

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
All great comments. I am now leaning towards the subtank. My local vape shop has both the Lemo and subtank along with mini. I will have to go and put my eyes and hands on them to make final decision. You are all awesome

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Do you think that the Lemo can be built to work as a sub ohm vape ? Everything thing I see tells me yes but not with extreme high wattage.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My mini subtank arrived yesterday, and I'm incredibly impressed with the flavor using the RBA deck. It took me a few wicking efforts to get it right, but it's really, really good - and very easy to fill and build. The OCC coils might be just as good, but I put a juice in using that OCC coil and it wasn't right. It might have been the juice, so I can't comment on the OCC coils.

phipp13

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The K-Tech subtank is the best tank by far i've seen! i have been dripping with my 100W Sigelei for months now and my wife bought me a new sub-tank, i hardly drip anymore. Hats off to the designers of the sub-tank. my 2 cents. phipp13

They both are good tanks, but I rarely use my Lemo ever since I got my subtank mini.

My subtank mini's do not leak at all, and they are easy to fill. The Lemo is a pain to fill with that little screw.

One thing I have noticed though is the Lemo does better than the subtank (in RBA mode) with heavier VG juice. But I have had the OCC coils feed the high VG juice just fine

My drop came with a rubber plug no screw driver need no more

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Subtank is very good. If you're looking rebuildable, the SilverPlay from Project Sub Ohm (VaporDNA) is the best tank I have used to date. Flavor, clouds, and air flow all satisfied with this device.

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Do you think that the Lemo can be built to work as a sub ohm vape ? Everything thing I see tells me yes but not with extreme high wattage.

I have the Lemo and posted a video in an earlier post. I can run the Lemo at 30-35 watts comfortably with AWESOME flavor and pretty nice clouds. The Lemo I have is built with a single 24gauge coil at about 0.7ohms. I am sure you could run 0.35-0.40 ohms if you are running it on a Mech Mod, but I am running it on a DNA30 or my GOD180 mod, so I have no reason to build it lower than 0.7. If you are looking for massive clouds, the Lemo will disappoint you. It is a flavor tank, not a cloud tank. If you are looking for clouds, try the ARCTIC tank from Horizon Tech. The 0.2 ohm coils can be ran up to 100 watts and I run the 0.5 ohm coils at 50-60 watts all the time on my GOD180 mod. Flavor is not as good as the Lemo, but it has MASSIVE AIRFLOW and puts out clouds that will rival many RDAs on the market.

CV :)

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
OK quick update. I received the new cotton coils for the Atlantis and the verdict is margin improvement in regards to flavor. Clouds are still very nice but the flavor is still somewhat under the threshold. Received the Lemo last week as well. Nice tank but is somewhat hard to fill and IMO, not as airy as the Atlantis tank is. Vapor production noticeably reduced in comparison to the Atlantis. The search continues and I will going for the Subtank now (actually my gut instinct told me to do it initially anyway) since many of you highly recommend it. I do like the ability to switch from the OCC to RTA. In many cases, I just want to slap a coil in and go but to have the ability to build my own is a nice feature. I think that is one thing that turned me away from the Lemo was the I HAD to build with no option. At the very least, I have more options now in my Vape arsenal hahahaha

SteveZ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Would like to hear your opinions after you try the subtank. I have put away my kayfuns and orchids and am now exclusively using the Lemo and Atlantis. Both good. Your observations match my own for the most part. Lemo has a little tighter draw but slightly more flavor than the Atlantis. Would like to hear how the subtank compares.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I noticed the tigher air draw on the Lemo as well in comparison to the Atlantis. I will post my thoughts on the subtank once I pick it up. I think that one will be the final configuration I need in terms of flavor, vapor production and versatility (OCC coils or rebuilds). But hell least I will have all three to rotate with depending on my mood for the day hahahah a

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I noticed the tigher air draw on the Lemo as well in comparison to the Atlantis. I will post my thoughts on the subtank once I pick it up. I think that one will be the final configuration I need in terms of flavor, vapor production and versatility (OCC coils or rebuilds). But hell least I will have all three to rotate with depending on my mood for the day hahahah a

Everyone that I know who has both the Atlantis and Subtank say the same thing: Atlantis gives more clouds, while the Subtank is superior in flavor.. That's not to say the subtank doesn't pull some clouds because it still does.. well enough for me to be happy anyways :)

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Hey there @VapedCrusader , that does seem to be the general opinion between the subtank and Atlantis. Def looking forward to giving it a try and I am sure it will come home with me

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey there @VapedCrusader , that does seem to be the general opinion between the subtank and Atlantis. Def looking forward to giving it a try and I am sure it will come home with me

Did you end up getting the regular subtank or the subtank mini?

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I will go for the regular subtank due to the increase capacity. Currently I use the Atlantis with the increased tank to 8ml (Kraigen from Kidney Puncher). I go through approx 20 ml a day so a larger tank is always on my watch list

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
just keep in mind that the subtank must be emptied and reconfigured to change to RBA mode.

The mini subtank can be swapped between factory occ coil and the mini-RBA deck very simply

and the subtank and subtank mini RBA heads are not interchangeable

kiwivaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ehpro billow- hands down would be the best bet, bang for buck and preformance wise- craps over any kayfun fur sure

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
So now I have subtank in hand (not the mini) a fine pc of craftsmanship here. Quality is over the top. Using the .5 coil now. Clouds are equal to atlantis although I have to keep watts down to 22 where atlantis was at 25. Flavor much improved over atlantis even with new cotton coils. Vaping some Yeti now and can't put it down. A top notch tank for those interested.

IX of XIII

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm a fairly new vaper. The 2 tanks I use the most is the Silo (non-subohm) and the Delta 2. Now when it comes to the Delta 2, it's flaws aren't that bad. Filling is easier if you use one of those "unicorn" bottles. And if your e-juice is dark you can see the level. Overall I personally LOVE it! Great flavor, great clouds. Building on its RBA is easy! I put a build on there by chance at .4 ohms. My current is a 1.1ohms but it's a vertical I built. But the stock .5 ohm coils are the truth! The LVC in them put on wide open is great for the 70 and 80 VG juices I use. And to be honest, I drop that tank WAY too many time and it's still in one piece and still have no scratches or dents and it's not expensive. But the RBA comes separate. But worth it if you wanna have the option or just as back-up. For me it's both reasons.

VU Sponsors