Become a Patron!

Need a little help upgrading

Linger

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
First I want to say I've enjoyed perusing this site and I must say there is a lot of good information and reviews here.
I have been vaping for only about 8 months and feel like I'm constantly "chasing" for that satisfaction, so I think it's time to upgrade. Right now I'm using an itaste mvp with a nautilus tank. I have been reading the posts and researching but I think I'm getting a little overwhelmed. lol I need something that'll last all day at work, maybe have the pass through feature again. Although I am very happy with the mvp I think I would like the fire button on the side instead of the front. I have been looking at the 30-50 watt devices (really like the look of the http://focalecig.com/Product/SX-Zero-Modz-50W-clone-14205), or do I go with a higher wattage device to last all day (like the Sigelei 100W)?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
First of all, Welcome to the Underground!

That mod does look nice but I don't know if you can use it as a passthrough. And if you are a moderate vaper and you use it at a setting of 20 watts or more, it may not last you a full day without swapping out the batteries.

The Sigelei 100 watt will indeed last you a full day at higher wattage's and I love mine.

But if you think you can live with a device that sports 2 X 18650 batteries, can work as a pass-though and has a top end of 30 watts, you might want to look into the E-Mech by Dovpo. It has the fire button on the side as well as an on-board charger. Granted it is a little funky looking but it works great and IMHO is comfortable to hold.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you happy with the nautilus? If so, you won't be firing it much above what you can already do with the MVP without damaging the coils. The Sigelei Mini looks like a nice form factor with a replaceable 18650 battery (carry a spare battery), magnetic battery door, usb charging port, .5 to 3.0ohm, 5 to 30 watts, spring loaded 510, ...etc... Should work well if you decide to go to a rebuildable tank style atomizer. If you want to cover all your bases, the Sig 100 is a solid choice that has two batteries but won't fire less than 10w.

Sigelei as a company, has a pretty good track record, but the release date for the Mini is sometime in January if you can hold out.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Greetings and welcome!

Linger

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I like the nautilus better than what I used before (aspire bdc), but I feel like I'm still wanting more to get satisfied. Not sure if it's more vape or just a warmer vape. I do tend to vape like I smoked- chain. I was looking into the Atlantis. That's what started all of this.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well, UncleRJ and Robert pretty well covered devices. I too use a Sig 100 watt.

You want more clouds and a warmer vape? Consider an RTA like an Orchid or a Billow. You want a bigger tank with screw out coils? Consider something from Kanger like a Aero V2 or a Giant.

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like the nautilus better than what I used before (aspire bdc), but I feel like I'm still wanting more to get satisfied. Not sure if it's more vape or just a warmer vape. I do tend to vape like I smoked- chain. I was looking into the Atlantis. That's what started all of this.
I wasn't truly satisfied until I started using rta's. I started with the aspire bdc and nautilus. I have since given them away. You can have a great battery device but you also need a great atty.

Linger

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I wasn't truly satisfied until I started using rta's. I started with the aspire bdc and nautilus. I have since given them away. You can have a great battery device but you also need a great atty.

That is true. That is why I'm looking into a new device, I want to upgrade my atty.
I was able to go to a few stores and physically hold the IPV2, IPV3, and the sigelei. The IPV2 was close to the size and weight of my MPV I liked the fire button on the Sig better. The IPV's do have the sensor to fire it, but I'm not sure if I would like that. I really do like the looks of the Zero, SX mini and the ZNA.

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That is true. That is why I'm looking into a new device, I want to upgrade my atty.
I was able to go to a few stores and physically hold the IPV2, IPV3, and the sigelei. The IPV2 was close to the size and weight of my MPV I liked the fire button on the Sig better. The IPV's do have the sensor to fire it, but I'm not sure if I would like that. I really do like the looks of the Zero, SX mini and the ZNA.
I have the ipv2 and sigelei 100 watt plus. The sigelei is superior in build quality and ease of use. As far as atomizer go my favorites are the lemo, billow, orchid, kayfun and taifun. In no particular order. I would say the first three are best in regards to flavour and vapor production. I would probably pick the lemo as a first rta. It's as easy to build as the kayfun, but has better flavour and vapor.

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How sexy are these?

5ede7b5f6bdb521f4d8270ab3a7867bc.jpg

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to throw my two cents in support of the Sig 100W Plus. I have the regular 100W and I love mine... Wish it had the doing-loaded 510, but it still kicks a variety of ass!

I never was truly happy until I switched over to drippers, personally. I rocked me some Kayfuns for a while, but I live in Western NY (hot and muggy in the summer, cold and snowy in the winter) so they were constantly flooding due to temp change as we're forced to vape outside. But I have an Orchid on the way anyway bc I'm a glutton for punishment.

Sorry for the tangent, but I'd recommend a CLT V2 Plus for a topper. Easy to build on, good flavor, and will fog up a room with a quickness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Linger

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I too am from western NY and feel your pain. Drippers are out for me because of work, but a rebuildable tank set up might be in my future. After all the research I've been doing I'm kinda leaning towards the sx mini. It seems like a great device, well built, good warranty, and looks good too.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
First of all, Welcome to the Underground!

That mod does look nice but I don't know if you can use it as a passthrough. And if you are a moderate vaper and you use it at a setting of 20 watts or more, it may not last you a full day without swapping out the batteries.

The Sigelei 100 watt will indeed last you a full day at higher wattage's and I love mine.

But if you think you can live with a device that sports 2 X 18650 batteries, can work as a pass-though and has a top end of 30 watts, you might want to look into the E-Mech by Dovpo. It has the fire button on the side as well as an on-board charger. Granted it is a little funky looking but it works great and IMHO is comfortable to hold.
If I could get a really good price on one of those emechs or elvts I'd do it. I actually kinda like the look of the elvt, & it would survive my clumsiness. My Atty wouldn't I'm sure. I'm not super careless but I do drop my istick on occasion, way better tho than my egos that constantly rolled off the table, or if I stood em up I'd just knock em over alot.

haybill

Member For 4 Years
Hi guys/gals, although I'm a new boy on your forum I have a few years vaping behind me (still learning every day, of course) but I would just like to add a suggestion for a Box that I use daily and love- the Vapor Shark rDNA 30, or the even more awesome, temperature control, rDNA 40.
Just my 10 cents worth.
Thanks for inviting me into your forum.

VU Sponsors