Become a Patron!

Need a different charger but which one?

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Currently have a Hohm Base but it's touchy with 20700 batteries. It will only charge them in certain slots and even then the battery has to be in an absolute precise way and its different for each oh the two shots. One of the the battery doesn't look like it's even in.

Which chargers are good with 20700's as in my browsing none of them list as being compatible with 20700's?

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know the nitecore Q4 fits 20700 and 21700 bats with no prob. It's a no frills charger but can confirm it works with both. The Nitecore i8 does not work with 21700 though.
If you want a lightning fast charger the Xtar Over 4 Slim fits everything, even 21700. The Xtar SV2 will also fit up to 21700.
The efest Blu6 will barely fit a 21700 on some slots.

You know what's funny, my Hohmbase will charge the only 21700 battery I have just fine. it just has problems with the iJoy 2070 which happens to be the only 20700 batteries I have.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know the nitecore Q4 fits 20700 and 21700 bats with no prob. It's a no frills charger but can confirm it works with both. The Nitecore i8 does not work with 21700 though.
If you want a lightning fast charger the Xtar Over 4 Slim fits everything, even 21700. The Xtar SV2 will also fit up to 21700.
The efest Blu6 will barely fit a 21700 on some slots.

You know what's funny, my Hohmbase will charge the only 21700 battery I have just fine. it just has problems with the iJoy 2070 which happens to be the only 20700 batteries I have.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Indeed...the Nitecore Q4 fits 21700's.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am a huge fan of the Eniva Gyrfalcon line. They have independent slots capable of charging up to 1 Amp per slot, will charge NiCad, LiIon, LiFePo, NiMH, and will handle 2x700 with ease. In fact, all bays on the all-44 (4 bay) and all-88 (8 bay) will take 26650... at the same time...

https://www.imrbatteries.com/gyrfalcon-all-88-8-channel-digital-battery-charger/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL just realized the OP is the same person I was talking to earlier about ohm readers and that thread went to battery chargers... talk about deja vu all over again...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors