Nautilus Cleaning

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wondering how everyone cleans there nautilus & if im doing it correctly. I wash mine often, maybe once every 1 -2 weeks. I hope it doesnt hurt doing it alot? What i do is, take it all apart, rinse each part, drip tip, upper hardware, bottom hardware & pyrex glass under hot water. Then i set each part in a bowl of hot water to soak for maybe half hour. Then take each part out, shake then set on paper towel over night to dry, with the bottom hardware i notice wate really gets in there so i shake real good, blow through each air flow hole then stick a q tip in to get water drops. I do that few times then ill set it on paper towel over night to. Is this ok? Is it alright to get bottom hardware wet & soak it?

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Also how do you tell when your bvc are dead? Mine dont taste burnt, i get loss in vapor alot , after only week maybe, goin through only 2 or 3 tanks. And with old coils has anyone tried rinsing under tap hot water & air dry couple days? I noticed it made a dark coil white again but i havent tried it yet, if it makes it like new again thats good

cad99

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I haven't found a way to bring a bvc back to life soaks work kind of dry burning no wont try that again almost puked from the stink.when the flavor dies out or they start tasting burned they are trashed but I only use mine for driving.

Living the dream one nightmare at a time.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I fully disassemble and rinse each piece in hot water. Tip, top hardware, tank, bottom hardware without coil. But, I also remove the the pin from the bottom hardware (it just pulls down out of the bottom the same way the tip pulls off the top) before rinsing off the bottom hardware and turn the airflow collar so water has a turn going threw each air hole. Then blow out the bottom hardware to get the water out of the air holes. Dry everything off with a paper towel and either reassemble for use right away or just put all the pieces into a small container with a paper towel on the bottom so they can further dry until it's time to use the next tank. For the coils, all I do is gently wipe off the outside with a dry paper towel.

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My nautilus bottom hardware has some red watermelon juice trapped under the white rubber, just few drop spots. I havent had watermelon for couple months, & i've dis assembled & rinsed/soaked each part in hot water several times since. Its trapped under there so soakin in hot water doesnt get it out. Anything else i can do? No big deal it just bugs me seeing it.

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I only rinse mine in hot water and dry it out I take a qtip to the parts i couldn't get dry. I dry it right away but that's just because I vape on it all the time I would die without it. I can well my coil is going bad by flavor taste I get a burnt taste or my liquids start turning dark

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Mine hasn't been rinsed in a while time to get it going I need a backup nautilus

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I clean the tip and rinse the glass that's it so far
I am ordering the nautilus mini today

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I should have my nautilus in a few days so if I have anything to add to this I'll come back. Happy vaping.

AquaJoe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I clean mine every 3 days or so, about 6 tanks worth. I just take it apart rinse everything in hot water then dry it with a towel. I rinse the coil heads under the water too. I blow out the excess water from the heads and dry the out side of them in the towel. Rinsing and blowing the coil gets a lot of burnt brown juice out of the coil. I hate when I fill up a tank and the juice turns brown from the old coil.

Once I dry everything in the towel I fill it back up. I don't wait for the coil to fully dry.

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ive found rinsing each part under warm water then put all peices (exept atomizer) in a bowl with hot water to soak. Then after while i put them on paper towel overnight to dry, its the bottom hardware takes long to dry, i still shake hard & blow through each hole & get drops with q tip. But ive heard if bottom isnt fully dry it will shorten atomizer or ruin it, & make it not work good so i wait atleast 8 hours to dry. I only wash it when switching flavors. But hot water cant clean completely. Ive heard of vodka. Ive got some & not goona drink it. Does it work good? Anyone tried it? It should get all smell of last juice out, i just dont wanna smell vodka or even worse taste it!, soaking water after the vodka may not get all taste/smell out . Theres red watermelon ejuice trapped under white rubber on bottom hardware in few drops. It never goes away ive soaked my nautilus dozens times. No idea how it got trapped under it, it bugs me seeing the red spots lol

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok i've got each peice, upper&bottom hardware, pyrex glass& drip tip soaking in container with vodka. I hope thats fine to clean that way. I figured it would get all old flavor & smell off, & clean better then water. After it soaks a hour or so i'll rinse each part in warm water then soak parts in hot water.just hope the smell will be gone of vodka & it wont taste like vodka i hope

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I used to soak in vodka and dry burn but didn't see much improvement. In my experience hot water under the sink works best and then let all the pieces air dry for a few hours and reassemble the tank. You can also clean with baking soda it works great. As far as coils, to be honest it's better just to replace them once flavor starts to mute or you get dry hits. If you can rebuild that's another way to go.

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ya i soaked the tank in vodka tonight but i think hot water is fine to.I usually notice a decrease in vapor production first after7-10 days but i should use them longer because there not cheap coils

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Take a toothbrush and mix a few drop of water with baking soda, mix into a paste, then gently scrub the tank, rinse with warm water and let air dry. That should rid the tank of smell and taste from old juices. As for coils, 10 days is quite good for lifespan. They are meant to be replaced they don't last forever.

RBVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I find the part that needs the most attention is the base where the coil screws in. I literally use a Q-tip to pus out the center pin (don't loose the spring) so that I can get in there and clean it out like new. I use isopropyl alcohol, with a vigorous warm water rinse afterwards of course.

Last edited:

KillaB3E

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I clean the coils with vodka. I put 3-5 old coils in a small tupperware container with a lid and submerse them in vodka, let them sit for an hour or two and then take a q-tip to them (inside), rinse with water and blow through the top of the coils. This gets the brown gunk out. Then I put them back in the container, vigorously shake the closed container and let them sit in the vodka overnight. When I check the next day, the vodka has usually turned a light brown / beer like color. Q-tip once more and rinse with hot water, blow and allow to dry.

It's a lot of work, and so far, I've only gotten mediocre results - surely doesn't taste like new, but it's good enough to hold you over for a few days if you don't have new coils.

Also, please use cheap vodka if you try it, I mean the cheap, $5 plastic bottle stuff. No reason to waste good vodka on your coils.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I used Smirnoff and didn't get much results. I think once a coil lives out its life you simply need to rebuild or buy a new one. That's why it's important to factor in coil costs before looking at new tanks. The good news is that technology is constantly improving so we will see more longevity, better flavor and less dry hits. My friend has the Subtank and his coils are lasting 2.5- 3 weeks and you can rebuild them as well. Still $3 per coil is pretty good when you can get nearly three weeks out of it.

VU Sponsors