Nautilus Cleaning

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just wondering how everyone cleans there nautilus and if im doing correctly, i havent quite found a juice i love or my all day vape so ive got few diffrent kinds, so ive had to clean tank often. How i do is, take everything apart, rinse each part under hot water ( mouth peice, upper harware, bottom hardware, pyrex glass ) put each part in bowl of hot water & soak for 20-30 minutes. Then take peices out & set on paper towel, i shake bottom hardware extra good, blowing through each airhole and dry with q tip as water is hard to get outta there. Leave everything on vaper towel over night. If i do this say once week is that to much? & its ok rinsing & soaking bottom hardware? And does it hurt to do this alot?

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Also how do you guys tell when your bvc's are done? I dont notice burnt taste, ive been getting loss in vapor production after only a week, going through only 15 ml or so, should i be using them longer? Also that was 70 pg 30 vg, but ive got 70 VG 30 PG comin in mail. & has anyone tried taking old coils and rinse under tap or soak for while then let air dry couple days? I did it, made coils white again, just havent used them yet, thought they may taste bad but if doing that will make old coil give good vapor again for another week thats cool

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just got my Nautilus mini 12 days ago. I go thru 2 1/2 tanks a day (5ml) and the only thing I have done so far is turn up the watts a little when I noticed less flavor. I've been vaping mostly creams (banana cream, Bavarian cream, sweet cream, cheesecake, vanilla swirl, cinnamon Danish) When I refill with a different flavor I get a new mix of flavor as the last of the last flavor mixes with the new flavor. I've got a 5 pack of new coils along with the extra coil in the kit so I should be good for a while. I see that the cost of replacement coils keeps getting lower, so I hope by the time I need some they will be under $2 each.
Before this I was using Smoktech tanks ,At first I was washing the tank in hot water and putting the coils in PG and in a vibrating cleaner. Didn't inhale the first few tokes and the flavor was okay after that. For the last 6 months (the coils cost less than a $1) I just replace them.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I rinse like you do and wipe dry and I also use a qtip down in the base, mostly on the pin spring. From what I've read, the spring at the bottom of the base has a tendency to rust out. I don't let it dry over night though. I just put it back together, fill and vape. It's my own thought but I think pulling air into it while vaping will dry the center of the base. Maybe I'm all wet with that thought though.

I go about two weeks on a new coil using about 5ml a day and like @RMarcusY , I up my watts a bit as I go. When it's time to change, I drop the used coil in a glass jar. When I get a couple of coils or three in there I pour in a bit of white vinegar and let soak for a day or so, swilling it around from time to time. Then I put them in a little pot of water and boil for a few minutes. Then I let them dry. I've been using the Nautilus for a bit over three months and I'm still rotating the first four coils and have three brand new coils left from the pack of five I bought with the tank. So far, they all still work great except one that I used a different cleaning method on that works well but has a tight draw.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When I clean my nautilus tanks I pretty much do the same as the rest of you. Fully disassemble and rinse each piece in hot water. Tip, top hardware, tank, bottom hardware without coil. But, I also remove the the pin from the bottom hardware (it just pulls down out of the bottom the same way the tip pulls off the top) before rinsing off the bottom hardware and turn the airflow collar so water has a turn going threw each air hole. Then blow out the bottom hardware to get the water out of the air holes. Dry everything off with a paper towel and either reassemble for use right away or just put all the pieces into a small container with a paper towel on the bottom so they can further dry until it's time to use the next tank. For the coils, all I did was gently wipe off the outside with a paper towel.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Also how do you guys tell when your bvc's are done? I dont notice burnt taste, ive been getting loss in vapor production after only a week, going through only 15 ml or so, should i be using them longer? Also that was 70 pg 30 vg, but ive got 70 VG 30 PG comin in mail. & has anyone tried taking old coils and rinse under tap or soak for while then let air dry couple days? I did it, made coils white again, just havent used them yet, thought they may taste bad but if doing that will make old coil give good vapor again for another week thats cool

You can boil them for 5 minutes and put them upside down on a paper towel to dry. Usually a coil is done when it takes more and more power to get the same vape experience as a new one and the flavor seems muted and dies off.

VU Sponsors