Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Smoked 1 1/2+ packs a day for 41 years. Tried several drugs and aids to stop, some of them more than once, and nothing worked. Did some research on vaping and decided to bypass the little starter kits, pens, etc, and give myself a better chance at getting rid of the cigs buy getting something with adjustments.
I drive all day, so I wanted something compact/single battery. Went with the older Nautilus and a tube style 20W mod.
Two weeks later I was cigarette free. :stars:
Used it for 9 months and wanted something different, more vape, so I picked up a Mello/ IStick 60W as my first sub ohm, and sold the Nautilus setup to a smoker friend and it helped him stop cigs :)
A few months later I picked up an AL85 + Big Baby - new world, and I've been using that exclusively, till recently.

Wanting some variety, I got the Wismec Reux and Funky 160 and they're both ok for what they are, but quickly decided on rebuildables.

OBS Engine Nano as my first RTA and found a great deal on CM V3 kit. Built the first coil from the wire in the kit and the Nano worked great first try ! Been using various pre-made coils till I see what type wire I want.

I've ordered The Troll, Kylin Mini, and for mobility and daily driver(pun intend) Mirage 75c. I haven't been vaping at high wattage.
Really like the Paranormal 166 but Evolv recently said the 250c would be out soon.
Also ordered this wall mount desk and with a couple minor mods will work for storing gear and building coils.

I haven't smoked in 3 years and won't ever again. My vape knowledge has moved along at a snails pace, but the goal was to stop smoking and I've done that and the gear I've had so far, has worked for me.
That's about it :)

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Smoked 1 1/2+ packs a day for 41 years. Tried several drugs and aids to stop, some of them more than once, and nothing worked. Did some research on vaping and decided to bypass the little starter kits, pens, etc, and give myself a better chance at getting rid of the cigs buy getting something with adjustments.
I drive all day, so I wanted something compact/single battery. Went with the older Nautilus and a tube style 20W mod.
Two weeks later I was cigarette free. :stars:
Used it for 9 months and wanted something different, more vape, so I picked up a Mello/ IStick 60W as my first sub ohm, and sold the Nautilus setup to a smoker friend and it helped him stop cigs :)
A few months later I picked up an AL85 + Big Baby - new world, and I've been using that exclusively, till recently.

Wanting some variety, I got the Wismec Reux and Funky 160 and they're both ok for what they are, but quickly decided on rebuildables.

OBS Engine Nano as my first RTA and found a great deal on CM V3 kit. Built the first coil from the wire in the kit and the Nano worked great first try ! Been using various pre-made coils till I see what type wire I want.

I've ordered The Troll, Kylin Mini, and for mobility and daily driver(pun intend) Mirage 75c. I haven't been vaping at high wattage.
Really like the Paranormal 166 but Evolv recently said the 250c would be out soon.
Also ordered this wall mount desk and with a couple minor mods will work for storing gear and building coils.

I haven't smoked in 3 years and won't ever again. My vape knowledge has moved along at a snails pace, but the goal was to stop smoking and I've done that and the gear I've had so far, has worked for me.
That's about it :)

A great way to do it- congrats!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Congratulations on your successful journey from cigs.

sounds a lot like me except I had given up on quitting with drugs and NRT stuff.
Wife sneaked and bought me an over priced cigalike kit.
so I figured what the heck. within 1 week was smoke free and have stayed that way for 3 years.
Moved on from cigalikes fairly fast thou and now mostly squonk.

VU Sponsors