my vaping story

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi my name is Aimee. I'm 25 years old. I'm usually a square and introverted. I wasn't like that until 2011 when I lost my brother to suicide. He shot himself on thanksgiving day in the head. It was very hard because he was my best friend and I didn't get to say goodbye. We were not allowed to see the body that was my dad's wish. Anyways I started to increase my smoking cigarettes. I got to the point where I just didn't care if I smoked. In 2013 I tried a cig a like to help quit smoking but it didn't last long and I was smoking cigarettes again. Than in October of 2014. I said enough. My boyfriend and I went and got 650mah battery and kangertech genitank mini. Moved up to eleaf istick and nautilus mini. And now we both have mech mods. Mine is a white stingray and white plume veil. We haven't smoked cigarettes since October. We love hanging out at our local vape shop and I'm always trying new e liquids because I do reviews. So I'm hoping 2015 will bring great things. Thanks for reading.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's a pretty tough road, but I'm glad you made it this far. Congrats on the switch!

Oh yeah, welcome to VU! Seems you are fitting in just fine. =)

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's a pretty tough road, but I'm glad you made it this far. Congrats on the switch!

Oh yeah, welcome to VU! Seems you are fitting in just fine. =)
I am and thank you. I really like vu it is a wonderful place to connect with other vapees. And I forgot to do an introduction when I started on here lol so figured I should probably do that before 2016 hits

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You are a strong young lady and hopefully 2015 will be a great year for you. Nice to meet you and welcome to the VU.

V-ret

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Its rough my cousin is going through the same thing, but it was her husband about 8 months ago. I've lost 1 friend as well, never good to hear that story.

On a positive note. I just bought a SS plume veil today, its a nice RDA indeed. Welcome even though you've been here a lot longer than me :)

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I really don't know anything but being tough. My parents divorced when I was 13. Sad American story blah blah blah. And he's suicide did me in. I cracked. But I am glad to be here and quit smoking. I have an 11 year old sister who is my world. And my boyfriend who quit with me. And two of the cutest wiener dogs ever. And an African clawed frog. They all keep me going and give me a reason to quit. I just bought a plume veil about a week ago I love it. It white so it looks super cute on my white stingray.

V-ret

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm big on family. Didn't really care too much growing up but something about being over 30 makes you want to spend time with everyone. Plus since pops retired he throws a pretty good party. Granted the average guest age is 58 but they are all good people. I've got 2 boxers that I can't get enough of. I would say they are with me right now but they go to bed early. I'll be pushing them off my side of the bed if my daughter ever wants to go to sleep. She's 1 and has been sick for the last couple of days. I've tried to get her to sleep 5 times now, but she won't have any of that. Hopefully she tires herself out soon and them I'll be off to bed. Thankfully I don't have to work tomorrow.

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm big on family. Didn't really care too much growing up but something about being over 30 makes you want to spend time with everyone. Plus since pops retired he throws a pretty good party. Granted the average guest age is 58 but they are all good people. I've got 2 boxers that I can't get enough of. I would say they are with me right now but they go to bed early. I'll be pushing them off my side of the bed if my daughter ever wants to go to sleep. She's 1 and has been sick for the last couple of days. I've tried to get her to sleep 5 times now, but she won't have any of that. Hopefully she tires herself out soon and them I'll be off to bed. Thankfully I don't have to work tomorrow.
My family is my world. My number 1. And I'm sorry your daughter is sick. I don't have any children of my own but it has to be hard. Hope she gets to feeling better soon.

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rough stuff to go through, believe me. I'm really glad you're hanging on, too.
Me too! It's helped tremendously that my boyfriend started vaping as well. He quit the cigs too. We always went back and forth I'd quit he didn't want to. He'd quit but I didn't want to. And we'd both start back up. But we've both really gotten into vaping so it's helped

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I was an accidental quitter. My boyfriend saw his nephew with an ego, so he ordered a kit to try it out. It came with 2 batteries. I gave it a try for a few weeks, then ended up getting my own. He quit immediately. It took me 3-4 weeks. Now I'm TOTALLY into it. I do all the tinkering with coils and such and make our juice now. He's just happy to not smoke, but insists he created a monster with me. It's all good!

V-ret

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well its now 0212 and she has been sleeping for about 20 minutes. I'm going to call this one a success since she wiped herself out playing for the last hour. I'm off to bed, I figure as long as she's not up at her usual 0530-0600 I'm good. Daddy needs to sleep till at least 9am after tonight. :)

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey @galsvapetoo. I started vaping in October as well, or sometime around there. I understand your struggle. I've had my share of hardships and my heart goes out to you. I feel a strong connection with anyone who has had to stuggle with suicide in one form or another. If you ever need a friend, PM me. I'm 25 as well and we're in the same city, right?

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes mam I am in Cincinnati. A little town called Trenton between Hamilton and Middletown and thank you

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am very grateful to get into vaping. It's helping to socialize more. And it helped me to quit smoking

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the Underground Aimee. It's nice to meet you:) Truly sorry about your brother. Enjoy your stay and your new chapter in life.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors