Become a Patron!

My smok tfv8 V8-T8 coil overheating

Can anyone plz help my tfv8 V8-T8 is getting very hot. I'm using it on a wismec Reuleaux 200. Plz plz help ive no idea how 2 work the temperature NI TI SS M1 M2 M3 on it.....

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Can anyone plz help my tfv8 V8-T8 is getting very hot. I'm using it on a wismec Reuleaux 200. Plz plz help ive no idea how 2 work the temperature NI TI SS M1 M2 M3 on it.....

well 1st off, you can't use TC on the TFV8 with an RX200. Unless you use the RBA deck with SS,Ni,or TI wire. SO it's only good for watts mode.

2ndly, the RX200 itself will get hot, The tank getting hot is normal, the mod not so much. The wiring is too thin on the RX200 to keep chain vaping with it, especially on a tank that needs 150 watts

well 1st off, you can't use TC on the TFV8 with an RX200. Unless you use the RBA deck with SS,Ni,or TI wire. SO it's only good for watts mode.

2ndly, the RX200 itself will get hot, The tank getting hot is normal, the mod not so much. The wiring is too thin on the RX200 to keep chain vaping with it, especially on a tank that needs 150 watts

Hi thank u 4 the info how do i turn TI NI SS M1 M2 M3 off. I don't like the rda 1 i like the T8 coil better. N i can only handle it on 60 r 70 watts. Iam an ex heavy smoker. My lungs not the good lol. I not long got the tfv8 tank.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi thank u 4 the info how do i turn TI NI SS M1 M2 M3 off. I don't like the rda 1 i like the T8 coil better. N i can only handle it on 60 r 70 watts. Iam an ex heavy smoker. My lungs not the good lol. I not long got the tfv8 tank.
Put the device in wattage mode and only use wattage mode, nothing else. The prebuilt coils for the TFV8 are great and they tell you the recommended wattage on them.

To switch to watt mode, lock the device (press the fire button 5 times) then press the up and down buttons at the same time until temp setting is enlarged. Keep pressing up until it says "OFF" then tap the fire button

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I can only handle it at 60 r 70 watts iam a ex heavy smoker my lungs not that good 2 use it on 100 watts. My tank gets really hot.
60-70 watts on that tank shouldn't be giving you much vapor at all or getting hot. Which coils are you using?

Put the device in wattage mode and only use wattage mode, nothing else. The prebuilt coils for the TFV8 are great and they tell you the recommended wattage on them.

To switch to watt mode, lock the device (press the fire button 5 times) then press the up and down buttons at the same time until temp setting is enlarged. Keep pressing up until it says "OFF" then tap the fire button

Hi ive lock the device and tried (press the fire button 5 times) then pressed the up and down buttons at the same time until temp setting is enlarged it won't do it when I press the fire button 5 times it turns off.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi ive lock the device and tried (press the fire button 5 times) then pressed the up and down buttons at the same time until temp setting is enlarged it won't do it when I press the fire button 5 times it turns off.
I was going by the manual. maybe @MannyScoot could help you a little more

I know how 2 lock the NI TI SS M1 M2 M3 when the device is unlock i press the fire button 4 times and I get wattage ni ti ss m1 m2 m3 when I'm on ni if I hold the fire and the up button at the same time a locked lock shows up and it's the same on the ti ss m1 m2 m3.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
As i said b4 m8 it get really hot u got any ideas how 2 stop it getting hot.
That mod is known to get hot, it's just a quirk of the box. The internal wiring is too small for the amps so it heats up.
Also please make sure to get it in wattage mode as soon as you can figure out how to

That mod is known to get hot, it's just a quirk of the box. The internal wiring is too small for the amps so it heats up.
Also please make sure to get it in wattage mode as soon as you can figure out how to

Oh ok i see m8 lol yup i kno how to change the wattage ni ti ss and the m1 m2 m3 modes.

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Okay I'll explain it to you in the basics of thermal dynamics. Higher watts = more heat, this heat is radiated out from the hot coil head to the tank base and resovoire down through the tank/mod connection. Hotter you go the quicker it heats everything up and this cumulative built up if you chain vape on it like sucking on it like a lollipop constantly.

If you can't put the mod aside, up your nicotine level if you are using nicotine, i.e. If at 3mg go up to 6mg, even if it punches you in the throat a bit harder you are needing the extra nicotine to curb your urges, this will be a stage of a couple weeks to couple months. Once you rebalance your body chemistry you can step back down, do not use more than a 6 to 9mg with that tank to keep from over nic yourself. Next get into the habit of about 3/4 way through your draw let off the fire button and continue drawing, the extra air pulled through cools the coil down quicker, lower radiating heat between draws is slower tank heating up as rapidly. If the mouth piece is to hot move to a plastic, Delrin, glass, or ceramic mouth piece to insulate yourself. Basically that tank is a beast and space heater, it is a pain in the tail keep cool to begin with due to its high power requirements to operate properly, it's a super cloudy tank yes but you see its biggest flaw atm, it gets hot at 60plus watts, it's younger brother the tfv4 suffered the same issue.

Sitting on the couch

VU Sponsors