Become a Patron!

My sense of taste is totally messed up - and I like it

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Many of my juices (DIY or bought) sometimes have a slight, "fresh water" sort of aftertaste that I love. Hard to describe really: it's like a faint flavor very much akin to the taste of fluoridated water coming out of the tap, that comes when I exhale the vapor. I like it for some reason.

Anyhow, I've wondered for the longest time what flavoring produced that flavor. Mint? Menthol perhaps? I've never really found out until yesterday: it's VG. Plain, unflavored VG gives me that flavor!

Now , I've been vaping no-PG juices for many months, and I knew I couldn't taste what VG really tastes like anymore: when I switched to 100% VG, for several weeks, all I could taste in my juices was a rancid butter aftertaste. And then the buttery flavor disappeared. I suppose I've totally desensitized my tastebuds, and they've become blind to the stuff, so to speak. But I know it's still there, because other vapers tell me my juices taste sickly-sweet, thick and a bit disgusting.

But that "fluoridated water" flavor is a total surprise to me. This is not what VG is supposed to taste like :)

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have never had a good sense of taste or smell even before I started smoking. Subtle nuances of Premium Juices are lost on me. I like it because I don't have to chase the OMG you have to try this juice deal. Saves me a lot of money

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah me neither. The only thing I've ever had a sure taste for was cigars. But that's kind of out of the question for me now that I vape.

Occasionally I do find juices to die for, but vapers with a more sophisticated sense of taste than I have tell me they're nothing special. Or they tell me my atty tastes of burnt, which I don't really perceive myself. In short, you could say I'm easily pleased, which I suppose is a blessing :)

VU Sponsors