Become a Patron!

My Review of the Pico Squeeze 2 by Eleaf

Spratt

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Disclaimer: This product was sent to me by Eleaf for the purpose of this review. The review is based on the device I got, but not all the devices may be the same due to the margin of error or poor quality control.

Eleaf decided to finally release the Pico Squeeze V2 that consists of a single 2x700 or 18650 battery mod called Pico Squeeze 2 and the single coil RDA called Coral 2. The mod has the same design as other Pico devices, hence it being in the Pico family and it is a squonker. This version though, has a screen and regulatory buttons, with a chip that can do VW and TC.

Album of Pictures

Specs and Features:

Height: 97mm

Length: 56mm

Width: 28mm

Weight: 227g

Squonk Bottle Capacity: 8ml

Battery type: 2x700/18650

Max W Output: 100W

Output V: 0.5 – 9V

2A Max Charging Current

Resistance Range: 0.05 – 3ohm (VW/Bypass) / 0.05 – 1.5ohm (TC)

0.49-inch screen

7 color LED

Kit Contents:

Pico Squeeze 2 Mod

Coral 2 RDA

2 0.2ohm Clapton Coils

Cotton

Battery Sleeve (for 18650 batteries)

USB Cable

Spare Parts

2 User Manuals

Aesthetics:

The Pico Squeeze 2 kit is finally here. As it uses the famous ‚’Pico’’ name, the mod is automatically meant to be shaped like the OG Pico, and it is. I received the Silver kit, and I must say I like the way it looks. The RDA is not higher by much than the battery cap, and it makes it a pretty low profile kit. Starting from the top with the drip tip. It’s an 810 type, mine being transparent with white waves over it. The RDA sleeve is silver, and so is the rest of the RDA with the exception of the pin. It also comes with a decorative ring with some lines on it that makes the RDA a little wider in diameter. Now onto the mod. As said before, it features the same shape as other Pico devices from Eleaf, but with some changes in design. The first, and probably the most important is the fire button placement, that can be found on the higher part on the back of the mod. Then, the + and – buttons, that are placed on the lower part on the front of the mod. They are quite small and they form a round shape. The screen can be found above the +/- buttons and it’s quite simple. The squonk bottle is on the left of the device. The USB port is on the lower part of the back of the mod.

Coral 2 Performance:

The Coral 2 RDA is the RDA that comes with the Pico Squeeze 2 if you purchase it as a kit. It is a simple, single coil RDA, designed to be a cheap add for the Pico Squeeze. It is a bottom feed, 24mm RDA (26mm with the decorative ring), that can also be transformed in a normal RDA using the non BF 510 pin from the kit. The build deck consists of 2 posts leaned on the back. In order to be easier to build on it, the airflow post (vis-a-vis to the build posts) can be taken off from the base of the atomizer. The RDA can be used with or without the airflow post/reducer, but I found it more comfortable with it on. Still, one should be a little careful when building on it, because the posts are very close to the edge of the bottom of the atomizer and if one of the leads from the coil touch the base it can cause a short. But it’s not hard to rebuild it. Wicking is easier, as it is a bottom feed RDA in a kit with a BF mod, and it’s forgiving with the wicking. The threads on the 510 pin are pretty smooth, and I had no trouble making a connection with different mods. It offers a decent amount of airflow, that surprisingly is not as noisy as some of the other atomizers, but it still makes a noise. I mostly used it with the airflow open at around 75% and it was enough for me. I used one of the included coils, that read at 0.23ohm at 55-65W and I got decent flavor for an RDA that comes in a kit, and also nice amounts of clouds (not TFVxx style, but still), considering it has just 1 kidney-shaped airflow hole. The RDA tends to get hot when chain vaping.

Pico Squeeze 2 Performance:

I used this mod for 2 months prior to writing this review. Used it almost exclusively due to its small size and me traveling. I usually used an MTL RDA (Berserker MTL RDA and the Ammit MTL RDA) while traveling and the Coral 2 (included RDA). It performed nicely as a VW mod at lower W, even though I had to crank up the power by up to 2-3W more than I normally used with my devices. With the Coral 2, as stated above I used it at 55-65W, and I must say it felt inconsistent. I didn’t notice a big fire delay, but it’s there. I couldn’t make it work in TC, even with simple round wire SS builds that work fantastically in other mods, so no TC for this one. As I was on the go most part of this summer, I used the USB port a lot to charge it. And after 5 weeks and some days, it died, it would no longer make contact, and if sometimes it could make contact, the mod would turn off. So no USB charging on this one. The +/- buttons do rattle a bit and, of course, they do have a slight play. It took a while to adapt to the fire button placement, but at least this one didn’t rattle, just showed a slight play, as the +/- buttons. The squonk mechanism consists of a long metal tube going all the way down to the bottom of the 8ml bottle. The mod features 2 menus, as seen on other Eleaf devices. 3 clicks will get you to choose the output mode (VW/TC/TCR/Bypass) and holding + and fire buttons it would get you to a menu where you can choose the LED lights options, check battery voltage, lock resistance, turn stealth on and off and set the TCR. There is a 7 color LED light where the squonk bottle is that I turned off because for me it kind of ruined the look of the mod, it is a pretty beautiful silver kit. The 510 pin had no problems handling different atomizers and the threads were relatively smooth. But the threads on the battery compartment top cap could have been better, they are rough. I normally used a 18650 battery with it (using the sleeve provided) and I had no connection problems. I did use it with a 21700 battery a couple of times, also without any problems. The mod is indeed quite heavy for its size. As stated above, the Coral 2 RDA with the beauty ring is 26mm in diameter, and the Squeeze 2 had no problems with overhang. In order to refill the squonk the bottle, I had to take off the metal holding it (that used pretty good magnets), take the bottle off and refill it.

Pros:

Looks good (subjective)

Squonk system works fine

Can be used with 21700 or 18650 battery

No overhang with 26mm atomizers

Small size

Decent flavor and clouds from RDA

Airflow options (with or without the airflow post/reducer)

Cons:

USB Port died

TC performance

Inaccurate VW performance

+/- buttons rattle

Fire button placement (took time to adapt and some ‚’misfires’’)

Rough battery top cap threads

Conclusion:
The Pico Squeeze 2 kit by Eleaf is a nice project but poorly executed. I expected a lot from this little fella, and I am disappointed. Yes the RDA is pretty nice for a kit RDA, but the mod is not performance-wise. While its a good-looking, well-built mod, the Pico Squeeze 2 does have inaccurate VW, no decent TC and the USB port died (i know – no charging via USB). I really liked using this little device, but it failed.

VU Sponsors