Become a Patron!

My review of the Joyetech Exceed D19 Starter Kit - An Amazing Little Kit

Spratt

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Disclaimer: This product was sent to me by Joyetech for the purpose of this review. I DID NOT receive any incentives from this company or persons affiliated with it. You can also find this review on Reddit under a different nickname. (Written and Posted by me).

So...I'm amazed. For real, I'm amazed. This little kit lived up to much more than what I expected. I thought this was another AIO styled device, with nothing special and just a new name. I was wrong. Yes, I was. I'm blown away by how this thing vapes, don't get me wrong it has it's cons, but hell the pros are more and they make this little device a beast! I will review the whole kit as a device because that's how I feel I can tell you guys all my impressions. I haven't used an AIO style device since my first Ego AIO, and then I switched to rebuildables pretty fast.

Album of Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/AhyHx

Aesthetics:

This kit is very tiny. It's small, yet feels very comfortable and it can be freely used as a stealth device. Of course, it looks like a lot of AIO styled devices out there on the market, but that's the mainstream trend and it's a good one. I got the white/black fade finish, and I really like how it looks. It's simple. On the battery, you can find the Exceed and Joyetech Logos and on the bottom some warning signs. The button feels like it's made of rubber or a rubber-ish plastic which is very comfortable to use, no rattle and it looks nice with the finish. On the 510 connection, you can find some LEDs, with 2 different colors for each output mode (White - Direct Output Mode; Orange - Constant Voltage Output Mode). The atomizer has a classic top fill, the drip tip is mounted in the top cap and it can't be changed, the coil screws on the base and on the top cap, and that's all! This device really looks good. Check the album for photos of the device. The box it comes in is very tiny itself, but the device is carefully packaged. Pre-installed is the 1.2ohm coil designed for MTL vaping.

Build Quality:

The Build Quality could have been better, especially on the mod/battery. It feels and looks very fragile, so you got to be real careful with it. The tank is done pretty well, but the battery/mod really looks and feels fragile, same with the USB port installed, users should be really careful while using the device. The threads on the tank are smooth, especially the one on the top cap, which is made of plastic, and the threads on the base have no problem fitting the coils easily. I can tell this battery/mod was designed to be used with this atomizer because after trying to screw some other atomizers, they didn't sit flush, so you kind of get stuck with the stock atomizer (which is not bad at all).

Airflow Control:

Now, this is where it gets interesting. The Airflow Control style reminds me a lot about the one used in the Siren V2. You have 3 tiny holes for MTL vaping and one big hole for DL vaping, but you can also use part of the big hole with the 3 smaller holes combined. The Airflow Control Ring has holes only on one part of the atomizer, so the airflow is not ''mirrored''. While using the MTL coil and the small airflow holes, the device can provide a real tight MTL hit, which is a great plus in my opinion. While using the DL coil I used the big hole full open and it vaped like a champ, there weren't big clouds, but cloud production is okay considering the dimensions of the coils. I like the AFC, it provides a real versatile vaping experience, and as we can see this is a trend lately.

Performance:

Now, why was I so amazed? Well..the flavor. While using the MTL coil and just 1 small hole open I could get pretty good flavor. I can rate it at a 7 out of 10 compared to my MTL RTAs, which is not bad at all. The battery can last around 4-6 hours of MTL use and around 3-5 hours of DL use, then it can be recharged via the USB cable provided. The tank is pretty easy to use and fill, coils can be switched easily, and the airflow style impressed me. Of course, because the coil head makes contact with both the base and the top cap, you can't change the coil with your tank full, that's just not possible. Juice consumption is low, especially when using the MTL coil head and the throat hit is pretty strong, delivering that nicotine I needed.

Pros:

• Flavor

• Price

• Top Fill

• MTL and DL versatility

• Airflow Control

• Tiny Dimensions
Cons:

• Can't change drip tip

• Can't change coil while tank full/with liquid inside

• Can't use other atomizers, if you try screwing them harder to sit flush you can break your mod/battery

• Fragility
Verdict:

Would I recommend the device? Yes, I would. It's a great starter kit, designed to be used by people who want to switch to vaping but can't decide whether they want a DL draw or an MTL draw. It's versatile, it's simple and it's easy to use, basically everything you need from an AIO style device.

Thank you guys!

VU Sponsors