Become a Patron!

my notes on FlavourArt Vienna Cream

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I take it that Catalan Cream-FA adds some spices to all that yummy creaminess?

Hi all. I finally got my hands on some Vienna Cream, but I think something's wrong with it.
Straight from the bottle, it smells like glue. I went ahead and mixed with it anyway, but I can't imagine it's supposed to taste like that. I made HIC's Tiramisu Cream and 5* Tiramont, but although it tastes creamy, it has a very unpleasant aftertaste.
Since FA Germany isn't stocking Vienna Cream at the moment, I'm kind of stuck with it. Is there a way to at least kind of replicate the taste of it? I've got TPA Bavarian and Sweet Cream, as well as all the FA vanillas.

Thanks a bunch.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The fragrance from the bottle is odd to me, too. I've not had any issue with flavor, though. How long after you mixed were you Vaping it? For me, it does smooth out after a bit. Nothing like days on end, but a day or so. You could try setting the mixed juice in a cup of hot tap water for a little while.

Typos brought to you by: iPhone.

It had a three day steep - the first on the radiator.
I'll try them again in the morning, also at lower power in a Kayfun. Maybe that will tell me more. Otherwise, I'll have to order some from another source that doesn't rebottle.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh, I can't help you on that, I'm sorry to say. I'm using egos and an MVP basically. I hope your alternative helps you with the flavor. It is a really good one.

Typos brought to you by: iPhone.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The first time I bought a bottle of Vienna Cream I called the supplier and asked if they had washed out their bottles with alcohol - it had an awful smell! But I've since learned that it tastes quite different than it smells :) Try mixing it up at (I think) 3% and see what it tastes like. It should taste delicious (as long as I've got the percentage right, perhaps @HeadInClouds can chime in here?) I have some that's a year old, and all that's happened is that it's lost some of its flavor.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Good suggestion. I know the first time I tried it, I made it at 2%. At first, I couldn't understand why everyone liked it so much. The next day, I couldn't put it down, and just at standalone. @Stefan_Frings , I hope it works out for you. Sometimes a flavor just isn't what we expect, sadly. I do hear some people will compare it to Bavarian Cream, but I do like Vienna better, honestly.

Mesh

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The first time I bought a bottle of Vienna Cream I called the supplier and asked if they had washed out their bottles with alcohol - it had an awful smell! But I've since learned that it tastes quite different than it smells :) Try mixing it up at (I think) 3% and see what it tastes like. It should taste delicious (as long as I've got the percentage right, perhaps @HeadInClouds can chime in here?) I have some that's a year old, and all that's happened is that it's lost some of its flavor.

So the glue/solvent smell is nothing to worry about? My 100ml bottle came in the mail today...

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks for responding. So the glue smell is normal with Vienna Cream? None of my other FA flavourings have this smell.
Mine has that odd fragrance to it. Always has, but it most certainly doesn't vape like it smells. Yumm.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
First time I mixed it I made it at 2.5% solo. That fragrance won't stick around and it's quite yummy even by itself. At first, I wasn't sure if I liked it, but realized I couldn't put it down, then craved it when I didn't have it with me. It's delicious in recipes.

Mesh

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
First time I mixed it I made it at 2.5% solo. That fragrance won't stick around and it's quite yummy even by itself. At first, I wasn't sure if I liked it, but realized I couldn't put it down, then craved it when I didn't have it with me. It's delicious in recipes.

Cool, I'm excited to try it. Really does stink though.

Mike O

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Dunno, I tried both Vienna Cream and Cream Fresh and thought both were terrible. For me neither is at all creamy, dunno why they even call them creams cause for me they do the opposite of what a cream should do, which is be creamy. I tried a version of a Mothers Milk recipe (there are tons of different ones) using these for creams instead of what creams I usually use and I didn't like it at all. Added a dry mouth feel even at 1%. I would call them Dry Skim Milk and Vienna Chalk and certainly wouldn't use the word Cream at all. Dunno what to do with this stuff (maybe try adding them at around .25% to my other creams or something) but as of right now I really doubt I will be buying either again. Too many other good creams out by both TFA and CAP for me to mess with this. Just my taste buds opinion.

Last edited:

netweight

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ftr, I love Vienna cream, it reminds me a lot of the virgin egg nogs they sell in the carton around the holidays in the supermarkets here in nj. I've been keeping it paired with fresh cream or any of the other creams I keep on hand.

The reason for "bad tasting" is that its not steeped! The flavor smelles bad in the bottle, taste awfull when fresh.. but when developed fully by steeeping ina a3-5 weeks, a superb nice creamy flavor.

VU Sponsors