Become a Patron!

my notes on FlavourArt Orange and Mandarin

Mr.Mann

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@HeadInClouds,

I have been a bit put off by seeing comments about separation. Just curious since I am intrigued by Mandarin but still leery of separation: does the separation only occur in the actual concentrates? I can't imagine that the low percentages that it goes into the final liquid would actually allow for that, but I figured it's best to ask. Oh, and even if it doesn't separate, will it make the final liquid cloudy in the least bit? That is another turn off for me (it's happened to me a few times with triacetin-based flavors) and I won't even use them one I see the "Squirt" look. [That's Squirt as in the soda. LOL]

Mr.Mann

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Orange separates more obviously and more quickly than Mandarin. A clear 10ml vial of Orange will separate into 2 distinct layers. The top is very near colorless and clear as water. The bottom (say 5% of the height of the bottle) is opaque, white-ish. When you shake it, it looks sort of foggy. You can still read text through the bottle then, but it's....foggy! Like you put a couple drops of milk in 10ml of water. If you shake it, then let it sit, you can see it settling after no more than 30 minutes, MUCH faster if it's cold.

My Mandarin has been untouched for weeks. I see no separation. It's ever so slightly pale yellow and less foggy than Orange.

I know both separate into layers, whether you can see them distinctly or not. Many flavors do, from all manufacturers. I figured it out the hard way, by not shaking before measuring out (using a syringe near the top of the vial. I thought I had "bad bottles" until I realized (duh) I should shake 'em before use. I'm a dedicated shaker now, no matter what flavor/juice I'm dealing with!

I doubt I've ever used over 5% of either FA Orange or Mandarin; at those percents, neither produces foggy "squirt" looking juice.

By the way, cold temps can cause some flavors to look foggy, even if they're clear at warmer temperatures. I see it with many of my flavorings, because they "live" in a fairly cool spot.

Thanks a bundle. I will try it out now. Thanks for clearing it up, so to speak.

CapVanillaCustard

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you think the Mandarin will taste good with a bit of FA Anise or TFA Absinthe? I like the taste of absinthe and I think I'd like it more with a slight hint of sweet tangerine in the backend of it.

Frito

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
New to the whole FA line, but the orange and mandarin sound great. Sounds like maybe a little Sunkist soda flavor with the orange and mandarin, a little lemon or lime for some bite, and just a touch of cream to round everything out.

I can't wait for my order to get here so I can start trying out some new things.

BrandyForVape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
New to the whole FA line, but the orange and mandarin sound great. Sounds like maybe a little Sunkist soda flavor with the orange and mandarin, a little lemon or lime for some bite, and just a touch of cream to round everything out.

I can't wait for my order to get here so I can start trying out some new things.
share some reviews once you have tried new stuff ;)

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
nah, I just saw a lot of HICs topics at the top of the list under the 'new posts' tab with you as the most recent poster so looked in a few.

rainidaze

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Please, guys. This really messes up looking at new posts in the morning. It feels awful having to scroll through what feels like spam. :( I like you guys. Your so nice. Please just be a little more subtle with this so it doesn't make the forum harder to use for others.

VU Sponsors