my notes on FlavourArt Joy

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you tried any of the other new ones? Cuz if I'm going to Bull City, I wanna take a list.....lol!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just ordered two bottles of joy and one glory, and got a bottle of "summer clouds" that sounded interesting. Forgot I had a store credit with them, so that paid for a few more bottles. ;)

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Summer clouds, if I remember correctly, is like a fruit salad. I did not care for Hypnotic Mist which was really disappointing as I love Hypo-type from TFA. I thought they were similar. Boy was I wrong.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Summer clouds, if I remember correctly, is like a fruit salad. I did not care for Hypnotic Mist which was really disappointing as I love Hypo-type from TFA. I thought they were similar. Boy was I wrong.
yea, I heard that too.

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah... I never read it was supposed to be the same but I saw the name and thought that was the one I was supposed to get. Anyway... So $15 Euro later.... Joy should be coming to my door within a month. Was tempted to get yogurt but them diketones though....

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I want this! But doesn't appear to be in-stock anywhere! Thanks for the review...I've been waiting for FA to make a flavor like this for a long time!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I want this! But doesn't appear to be in-stock anywhere! Thanks for the review...I've been waiting for FA to make a flavor like this for a long time!
Keep checking in with BCV or Mama J's. I think he said somewhere in a thread, maybe this one, actually, that he's ordered it?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I am predicting perhaps sometime next week for most flavor resellers to restock

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ordered mine from BC on Wednesday, 2-day priority, checked tracking this morning and still just showing a shipping label created. Holding my breath, but I know how incompetent USPS can be.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay, got it and mixed the Strawberry Cotton Candy by @HeadInClouds - it's good. Not quite what I was expecting, but very good. I'm tasting something almost "nutty" in the background, could be where I just re-wicked. Very tasty though. :)

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh me, oh me! A very sweet sexy southern bell just sent little o me 10 ml. Of this. Must say I'm in LOVE! Mixed my JOY up at 3%! 1 ohm coil in subtank and I taste a delicious fried funnel cake. I'm not really tasting cotton candy here, just an awesome fried funnel cake. A little caramelized taste? I'm excited! I don't find it overly sweet, which is good for I don't like super sweet. Wondering how additions to a cobbler will go. Only one way to find out! Yeah baby, it's time to PLAY and Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
eb1db017f6591a43f533f7e922fba48c.jpg
It's not professional, but in honor of fa joy...

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yum, funnel cakes! Hard to find around here, we have mostly fried dough. I've tried the circus cotton candy by tfa and it tastes like play doh to me. EM doesn't taste like cotton candy, either. This one is definitely going onmy shopping list, thanks! :)

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

The Varista

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
FA Joy, standalone 3% to begin with

If you're familiar with funnel cakes, imagine sugar-sprinkled funnel cakes sent on a trip through the cotton candy machine. That's this flavor.

I taste zero difference in this fresh-mixed and steeped for 4 days.

You'll immediately recognize the cotton candy flavor here; every other brand already had one. But FA's is a big improvement, and the more you vape it, the more impressive it gets. By adding the fried-sweet-bakery flavor (like funnel cakes) and a little super-sweet vanilla, FA has made cotton candy into a very appealing standalone vape. 3% in max-VG is sweet awesomeness; 2% is danged good; over 3% is cloying to me.

One big problem I've had with other Cotton Candy flavors is the fading sweetness at the end of an exhale, with a little fake-chemical flavor right at the end. FA fixed all that in their version, so it's sweet from the moment vapor hits your tongue all the way through the end of an exhale. This cotton candy is delicious all by itself, not just made to be a sweetener. Of course, that's how I'll try it next, as a sweetener. I expect Joy will show up as in ingredient in LOTS of sweet recipes. It's sure to be in mine.

Everyone DIYer who likes sweet flavors needs this one. Vape it standalone, then add a touch of your favorite fruit (or spice - Cinnamon Ceylon is good with it), then see how it works in your recipes. Try it as a sweetener for strong fruit flavors and bakery recipes.

p.s. - I saw a description saying Joy has the flavors of apple, toffee, and popcorn. Nope! (and thank goodness) If you've had funnel cakes and had cotton candy, I think you'll agree with my description.

p.p.s - yes, it makes Cinnamon Ceylon taste sweet :D
Just found JOY available at: http://www.diy-ejuice.com/Joy-Flavor-Concentrate-by-Flavour-Art-p/fa-joy.htm
They have sizes from 3ml to 120ml at a fair price.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
:cool:

Last edited:

The Varista

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
FA Joy, standalone 3% to begin with

If you're familiar with funnel cakes, imagine sugar-sprinkled funnel cakes sent on a trip through the cotton candy machine. That's this flavor.

I taste zero difference in this fresh-mixed and steeped for 4 days.

You'll immediately recognize the cotton candy flavor here; every other brand already had one. But FA's is a big improvement, and the more you vape it, the more impressive it gets. By adding the fried-sweet-bakery flavor (like funnel cakes) and a little super-sweet vanilla, FA has made cotton candy into a very appealing standalone vape. 3% in max-VG is sweet awesomeness; 2% is danged good; over 3% is cloying to me.

One big problem I've had with other Cotton Candy flavors is the fading sweetness at the end of an exhale, with a little fake-chemical flavor right at the end. FA fixed all that in their version, so it's sweet from the moment vapor hits your tongue all the way through the end of an exhale. This cotton candy is delicious all by itself, not just made to be a sweetener. Of course, that's how I'll try it next, as a sweetener. I expect Joy will show up as in ingredient in LOTS of sweet recipes. It's sure to be in mine.

Everyone DIYer who likes sweet flavors needs this one. Vape it standalone, then add a touch of your favorite fruit (or spice - Cinnamon Ceylon is good with it), then see how it works in your recipes. Try it as a sweetener for strong fruit flavors and bakery recipes.

p.s. - I saw a description saying Joy has the flavors of apple, toffee, and popcorn. Nope! (and thank goodness) If you've had funnel cakes and had cotton candy, I think you'll agree with my description.

p.p.s - yes, it makes Cinnamon Ceylon taste sweet :D
I heard from FlavorArt that their North American distribution center will be opening in the next week or so in Canada. Hope that's true.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I heard from FlavorArt that their North American distribution center will be opening in the next week or so in Canada. Hope that's true.
thats what they have been telling me since April , just a couple more weeks lol. I cant wait going to be sweet :)

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
While I'm a little bummed they didn't choose to put it in the U.S.and more specifically, in Georgia ( :) ), I think it will be great to have a distribution center closer to us.

I can hear @wllmc now, 'Hello, FA North America? Can you please send me two 55 gallon drums of every flavor you have ... oh, wait a minute, scratch the Breadcrust though, ain't nobody got nose for that and the 10ml I have already will probably suffice for the entire U.S. anyway" :D

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
While I'm a little bummed they didn't choose to put it in the U.S.and more specifically, in Georgia ( :) ), I think it will be great to have a distribution center closer to us.

I can hear @wllmc now, 'Hello, FA North America? Can you please send me two 55 gallon drums of every flavor you have ... oh, wait a minute, scratch the Breadcrust though, ain't nobody got nose for that and the 10ml I have already will probably suffice for the entire U.S. anyway" :D
You forgot all about crab! @wllmc it needs some lemon and butter to make it taste good. I can't believe you forgot to add those flavors to crab!:rolleyes: Oh and to give it a nice grilled SMOKY taste perhaps a touch of Oakwood? I think we should all mix it up and Skype and vape together.:eek:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I can hear @wllmc now, 'Hello, FA North America? Can you please send me two 55 gallon drums of every flavor you have
Here's how I see the conversation:

FA North America: Thank you for calling FA, this is (enter person's name), how may I direct your call?
Mama J: This is Mama J.
FA North America employee (speechless and trembling): Yes, Ma'am. Your order will be out directly, and may I please have your autograph?. Thank you, and have a lovely day.

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
10 mls is 6 dollars ?
You have to remember that this is a Canadian vender and Canadian pricing. And I find them to have the best stock and pricing in Canada. They are a young couple and very good to deal with. Right now they are the only one I deal with. But if they ever close up shop I will be on your door step and that is for sure!!
The way I see it is that,,,,,,
diy-ejuice is the Canadian version of mamajsflavorshop,,,,, only not in the pricing. LOL.

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I always buy the smallest bottle the first time. $6 is way less than you would pay for just about any bottle of premix. At 3% or less, even a small bottle will go a long way.

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I always buy the smallest bottle the first time. $6 is way less than you would pay for just about any bottle of premix. At 3% or less, even a small bottle will go a long way.
I agree. When I first bought flavors they were 10ml's. (All I could find at the time). Now I have a bunch of flavor I don't care for. Then I found diy-ejuice and can order 3mil's to 120mil's. Right now I am just trying to find what I like and 3mil's at $2.95 Canadian is great for me. When I find the right ones I will order the larger ones.

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I agree. When I first bought flavors they were 10ml's. (All I could find at the time). Now I have a bunch of flavor I don't care for. Then I found diy-ejuice and can order 3mil's to 120mil's. Right now I am just trying to find what I like and 3mil's at $2.95 Canadian is great for me. When I find the right ones I will order the larger ones.
I ordered some 30 mil bottles (smallest available), not my faves, so I will have them for a while unless I trade them. Right now, I've been hooked on my cap vanilla custard v2, went right through my first bottle. Since it needs replacing, I'm going to pick up some new flavors to try. :)

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Is there anyone in here that tastes AP easily in flavorings? If so does Joy have any? I want to try it but I already have so many flavorings lol:eek:

Brownie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I finally got Joy and mixed it at 3% with VT nic and got a similar result , a slightly sweet note with an almost nutty after taste. I also tried it with the Strawberry at 2% and it didn't seem to add much. Maybe steeping will help.

VU Sponsors