Become a Patron!

my notes on FlavourArt Apple

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I grabbed Apple FA for your Honey Nut Apple Jack-ios recipe, really excited about that one.

What are some ideal uses of this apple? For bakery, I'm seeing lots of foods using golden delicious apples in fritter and pie type recipes, but I've already got FA apple pie and not sure how to approach using both, if that's even necessary.

My imagination suggests pairing with white peach and/or ginger ale for some beverage vape, but I really don't know. BTW if there was a vape that tasted like Martinelli's sparkling cider with a fizzing mouthfeel, I'd be all over it.

A favorite childhood snack of mine was apple slices dipped in fresh raw lemon juice and sprinkled with cinnamon. That intense, balanced sensory experience from such simple ingredients makes a party in the mouth. I wouldn't know how to make that vape half as exciting as the actual snack though, and malic acid is just weird, muting the inhale and giving the exhale a powdery kick. My first order of citric acid is on the way so we'll see what that does.

kingworm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i know this is a bump so sorry about this but if you looking for a tart without the powdery aftertaste of malic acid try a candy tart concentrate. there are different types but most are a mix of citric acid lactic acid and malic acid and they give more of a balanced tart goes great with apple or kiwi flavors.

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I like FA apple with a little TFA thrown in to give it direction. The TFA's take too much to have flavor and by then it's bad.
Even so my Caramel apple can't shine through a SubTank and is a dripper flavor only.

VU Sponsors