Become a Patron!

My lavabox dna75 having issues?

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm new to the whole dna75 chip. I have a lavabox75 and the hcigar vt75. Same chip right? Just happened to today but my lavabox isn't hitting like the vt75. It hits like if battery was dying even though battery is 3/4 full. I used same tank coil same watts on both and big difference in the performance. On the lavabox it says resistance starts at .26 then jumps all over ending up around .51. Now on the vt75 starts at .30 ends up around .46 which I know now real time resistance. At 30 watts on the lavabox I barely get a hit where is at same watts on the VT I get flavor and vapor. Mind u I'm using the same tank on both the cleito. I did get a good hit couple times on lavabox then all of a sudden back to nothing. So not sure what the hell is going on with this mod but not happy at all since I got it. Now I will say this is I did drop it from about 6 in off ground onto concrete. Damaged screen so got a new one and all was working fine til today. So not sure what's up with this chip. If anyone knows anything. All help would be appreciated thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi.

It is rather odd that your resistance is jumping al over the place-what resistance is the coils supposed to be? I recommend in this case, locking this resistance at a level near to the coils actual resistance.

Also, could you take the battery from the VT75 and put it into the Lavabox (If you are using 18650's and not 26650's with the VT75)?

I hope you can get this sorted-worst comes to worst RMA the device to Evolv if Lavabox will not warrant a repair and you are certain there is something wrong-first I would check Escribe settings though and lock resistance.

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm new to the whole dna75 chip. I have a lavabox75 and the hcigar vt75. Same chip right? Just happened to today but my lavabox isn't hitting like the vt75. It hits like if battery was dying even though battery is 3/4 full. I used same tank coil same watts on both and big difference in the performance. On the lavabox it says resistance starts at .26 then jumps all over ending up around .51. Now on the vt75 starts at .30 ends up around .46 which I know now real time resistance. At 30 watts on the lavabox I barely get a hit where is at same watts on the VT I get flavor and vapor. Mind u I'm using the same tank on both the cleito. I did get a good hit couple times on lavabox then all of a sudden back to nothing. So not sure what the hell is going on with this mod but not happy at all since I got it. Now I will say this is I did drop it from about 6 in off ground onto concrete. Damaged screen so got a new one and all was working fine til today. So not sure what's up with this chip. If anyone knows anything. All help would be appreciated thanks.

Iam in same boat have the Vt75. Waiting on ss wire and 26650 for temp control. So I haven't even begun to get in escribe yet. Mite be stupid question have you set them up. I ran the Vt75 alittle straight out the box just in wattage after second battery charge. Started giving me the shits have around 70% battery screen would say week battery mod dose nothing. Was told that mod automatically adjusted for battery percentage. And was also told you have to go in and adjust it yourself. Like I said haven't started getting in escribe yet. If you damaged something when you dropped you mod. Technically it shouldn't work at all. If it damaged a trace on board or cracked or broke a solder joint. Probably no help to you figured wouldn't hurt commenting.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi.

It is rather odd that your resistance is jumping al over the place-what resistance is the coils supposed to be? I recommend in this case, locking this resistance at a level near to the coils actual resistance.

Also, could you take the battery from the VT75 and put it into the Lavabox (If you are using 18650's and not 26650's with the VT75)?

I hope you can get this sorted-worst comes to worst RMA the device to Evolv if Lavabox will not warrant a repair and you are certain there is something wrong-first I would check Escribe settings though and lock resistance.
Not sure how to lock resistance. Also I used 3 batteries on the lavabox and they all do same thing

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure how to lock resistance. Also I used 3 batteries on the lavabox and they all do same thing

Lock the device by pressing fire 5 times.

Then hold fire and the UP button to lock resistance.

If it is happening with other batteries, I would check the soft cell cutoff in Escribe- 2.75V is the standard setting, much higher than this and you will get the weak battery error/weak vape.
So try some tinkering in Escribe, it is a lovely mod that I hope you can sort.

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi.

I have question do you have to setup battery in escribe?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, all of my DNA200's have custom CSV's for the batteries, and my one SDNA 75 actually come with rather good settings, no weak battery messages, and was pre set up by daniel at DJlsb vapes.

2.75V is what Evolv recommend over at their forums-this is not hard cut off voltage, but voltage under load, when you pull your battery it is around 3.1V.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry- I misread your question.

The default of 2.75V is fine for use, so out of the box it should work perfectly. But you can set up the battery. I am just wondering if the lavabox has its soft cell cutoff set unreasonably high for some reason, which is causing the mod to not be able to fire at your desired power settings.

EDIT: This is my experience with the SDNA 75-other companies mods may need setting up. If you need the Li-ion battery curve I could send it to you.

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes, all of my DNA200's have custom CSV's for the batteries, and my one SDNA 75 actually come with rather good settings, no weak battery messages, and was pre set up by daniel at DJlsb vapes.

2.75V is what Evolv recommend over at their forums-this is not hard cut off voltage, but voltage under load, when you pull your battery it is around 3.1V.
I appreciate your time was told you had to setup battery voltage or percentage, what you just typed. Then was told they had done update and you didn't have to touch it. And batteries was told two different things on them also. Iam going to pick peoples brains on here for info from now on. Thks

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I appreciate your time was told you had to setup battery voltage or percentage, what you just typed. Then was told they had done update and you didn't have to touch it. And batteries was told two different things on them also. Iam going to pick peoples brains on here for info from now on. Thks
I see.

Regarding battery percentage, it is pretty simple- you will want to select the manufacturer user interface from the drop down menu along the top, under options.

This will allow you a LOT more options to customise. To set your battery meter correctly, use the watt hour calculator found under the mod tab.
You will want to put your nominal voltage at 3.7V (Or 3.6 with some manufacturers). This will give you a watt hour figure-input this into where it says 'capacity', and this will make your battery meter accurate.

For example a 25R has 9.25 Watt hours.

Then, also on the same 'mod' screen, just under the capacity area, it will say soft cell cut off voltage. If this is any different to 2.75V, and you are getting weak battery messages or power reductions, change this back to its default of 2.75V (This is perfectly safe, the 25R or similar is designed to be drained to just 2.5V).

I hope this helps, and all the best Conan.

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I see.

Regarding battery percentage, it is pretty simple- you will want to select the manufacturer user interface from the drop down menu along the top, under options.

This will allow you a LOT more options to customise. To set your battery meter correctly, use the watt hour calculator found under the mod tab.
You will want to put your nominal voltage at 3.7V (Or 3.6 with some manufacturers). This will give you a watt hour figure-input this into where it says 'capacity', and this will make your battery meter accurate.

For example a 25R has 9.25 Watt hours.

Then, also on the same 'mod' screen, just under the capacity area, it will say soft cell cut off voltage. If this is any different to 2.75V, and you are getting weak battery messages or power reductions, change this back to its default of 2.75V (This is perfectly safe, the 25R or similar is designed to be drained to just 2.5V).

I hope this helps, and all the best Conan.
Yes sir you just told me what I figured I was in store for. When I get a 26650 iam going to jump into it. After I was getting error message put it back in the box. Sorry for bombarding you so early. Sean

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've never messed with escribe and not sure where to start

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes sir you just told me what I figured I was in store for. When I get a 26650 iam going to jump into it. After I was getting error message put it back in the box. Sorry for bombarding you so early. Sean
No problem at all, I love talking about mods and collect, so it is a topic I enjoy.
I will say that 18650's have much more research put into them, and you can buy these from the top 5 manufacturers, while 26650's you can only really get rewraps. Also, each weak battery error I have seen in reviews has been with 26650's.

However, if you are a low wattage vaper, they may benefit you and offer great battery life. Get Escribe set up, and your mod, and I think you may find your other mods don't get a look in anymore lol!

Escribe can seem daunting for a beginner to it, here is an Escribe training simulator from Evolv themselves https://downloads.evolvapor.com/escribe/guide/story_html5.html

It goes through most things you would want to use and set up, so I recommend going through it, once you have the basics down it is rather simple to use.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What will escribe do for me. Since I don't use temp control anymore. I prefer straight power mode

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I been gathering alittle info on it. Only reason I got vt75 was picked up on the cheap side. Actually bought black cause red out of stock. Had it sold two days later and got the red for about same price. Hope you get yours lined out I feel you on the disappoint. I think iam just pay conanthewarrior to hook mine up.(joking on the last part)

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I should add. it also depends what device you are setting up.

My DNA200's can run on a 3S Li-Po, 3 18650's (Essentially a 3S Li-ion), a 2s Lipo or 2 18650's-the last two options you need to change settings yourself though so the device will work in your chosen config.

The Watt hours are what the battery meter goes on, and also to an extent a battery CSV. As we are taking the DNA75 though, which is a Single 18650 device, it is not as complicated and the standard settings are good.
The only thing I would add is a CSV discharge graph, which I can provide if needed.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I should add. it also depends what device you are setting up.

My DNA200's can run on a 3S Li-Po, 3 18650's (Essentially a 3S Li-ion), a 2s Lipo or 2 18650's-the last two options you need to change settings yourself though so the device will work in your chosen config.

The Watt hours are what the battery meter goes on, and also to an extent a battery CSV. As we are taking the DNA75 though, which is a Single 18650 device, it is not as complicated and the standard settings are good.
The only thing I would add is a CSV discharge graph, which I can provide if needed.
Lol man. I feel like a dummy wit all this info. Um idk man the lavabox was fine then all of a sudden. Poof. Shit

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I been gathering alittle info on it. Only reason I got vt75 was picked up on the cheap side. Actually bought black cause red out of stock. Had it sold two days later and got the red for about same price. Hope you get yours lined out I feel you on the disappoint. I think iam just pay conanthewarrior to hook mine up.(joking on the last part)
If you lived nearby, I would gladly do it for free- I admit I am a bit of a geek lol.

Honestly though, don't fear Escribe- on the profiles panel for example, there is 8 which can seem confusing, until you realised all 8 are set out the same way. It has been designed to be easy to use, 20-30 minutes and you will have everything down you need to be using it well.:)

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol man. I feel like a dummy wit all this info. Um idk man the lavabox was fine then all of a sudden. Poof. Shit

Hmm, if it was fine until all of a sudden, this leads me to think of simple things first, such as the tank, coil, or battery.

Do your tanks suffer the dreaded soggy bottom lol? If so, give the inside of the 510 a good wipe round and clean. I own a bottle of electrical contact cleaner for this purpose.

But, either way, get the basics down in Escribe, I think owning a Escribe compatible device without Escribe is like being a super hero, with wings, who chooses not to fly lol.

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you lived nearby, I would gladly do it for free- I admit I am a bit of a geek lol.

Honestly though, don't fear Escribe- on the profiles panel for example, there is 8 which can seem confusing, until you realised all 8 are set out the same way. It has been designed to be easy to use, 20-30 minutes and you will have everything down you need to be using it well.:)

I was joking on the last one. Dont have any income so I have to hustle to get what I need. I'll:just hunt you down on here and type on my phone its free. lol But seriously mite hit up on tcr values. And I missed couple posts seems like iam answering them backwards. Mr.Mayhem had another question dont know if you seen it.

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I dont know way it seems like these post are jumping around. Yea my buddy picked up two vt133 he is waiting on me to figure all this out. So I can set-up his thats a punk ass move on his part.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I dont know way it seems like these post are jumping around. Yea my buddy picked up two vt133 he is waiting on me to figure all this out. So I can set-up his thats a punk ass move on his part.
Idk. I just want this damn box to work properly

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Idk. I just want this damn box to work properly

Wish I was more helpful but you need to look into setting up batteries. Even if your just running wattage. The resistance jumping around is just like any other mod you want your tank cooled then lock resistance. When you dropped it if something got messed up I would highly doubt it would work at all. If a component got knocked off the board or cracked a solder joint it would be dead. It wouldn't be a intermittent problem.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was joking on the last one. Dont have any income so I have to hustle to get what I need. I'll:just hunt you down on here and type on my phone its free. lol But seriously mite hit up on tcr values. And I missed couple posts seems like iam answering them backwards. Mr.Mayhem had another question dont know if you seen it.
I know you was only joking lol, just meant I am happy to help when possible :).

What tank are you using, and what build are you running? A friend of mine in the UK also collects and has a lot of Evolv devices, and has notice since upgrading to SP3 the resistance jumping on all his devices.

I have upated due to SS working so much better, but have no issues, so not sure if it is a bug or not.
It will be best to try it on his box to see if yours is the problem or not.

I only lock resistance in temp mode as Evolv recommends, with atties that are not that stable, most of the time I leave it unlocked in TC.

Wish I was more helpful but you need to look into setting up batteries. Even if your just running wattage. The resistance jumping around is just like any other mod you want your tank cooled then lock resistance. When you dropped it if something got messed up I would highly doubt it would work at all. If a component got knocked off the board or cracked a solder joint it would be dead. It wouldn't be a intermittent problem.
I think it does sound like a battery setup issue-I am 99% certain of this.

The only other time I had intermittent issues with low power, battery weak messages ETC was on a DNA200, while the fuse was blowing. Once it had blown, it no longer worked at all-but I HIGLY doubt this is the case here, and it simply needs a lower cut off set in Escribe and the correct W/h's for the battery.

Escribe even includes a Watt hour calculator, you input your batteries capacity and nominal voltage, and enter the result.

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know you was only joking lol, just meant I am happy to help when possible :).

What tank are you using, and what build are you running? A friend of mine in the UK also collects and has a lot of Evolv devices, and has notice since upgrading to SP3 the resistance jumping on all his devices.

I have upated due to SS working so much better, but have no issues, so not sure if it is a bug or not.
It will be best to try it on his box to see if yours is the problem or not.

I only lock resistance in temp mode as Evolv recommends, with atties that are not that stable, most of the time I leave it unlocked in TC.

I think it does sound like a battery setup issue-I am 99% certain of this.

The only other time I had intermittent issues with low power, battery weak messages ETC was on a DNA200, while the fuse was blowing. Once it had blown, it no longer worked at all-but I HIGLY doubt this is the case here, and it simply needs a lower cut off set in Escribe and the correct W/h's for the battery.

Escribe even includes a Watt hour calculator, you input your batteries capacity and nominal voltage, and enter the result.
Yea your right on the fuse it would be doa. To check out the board you would have to use magnifying glass. The components are so small when I started in electronics everything was three times the size and through hole now everything tiny and surface mount. Todays chips are so much smarter it would detect a fault in circuit. But iam not a expert thats just the way it should work out.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You guys might wanna check out @Wingsfan0310 custom profiles he has setup for the lavabox dna75. He went threw and set up everything in escribe. He has the profiles for download in his signature. And for your friend he even has profiles for the vt133. I downloaded his profiles for a couple mods and there awesome. Plus he is a dna guru so he might be able to help you guys out. Go in the vt133 thread in the regulated mods section of this forum. Look for his name and in his signature, you will see the profiles for download. It makes life a lot easier when dealing with escribe. He did all the hard work already. Once you download the profiles, you can tweak the little things to your own taste. I tagged him so he might drop by in here and try to help you guys out. Good luck and it's easier than it looks once you get the hang of it.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You guys might wanna check out @Wingsfan0310 custom profiles he has setup for the lavabox dna75. He went threw and set up everything in escribe. He has the profiles for download in his signature. And for your friend he even has profiles for the vt133. I downloaded his profiles for a couple mods and there awesome. Plus he is a dna guru so he might be able to help you guys out. Go in the vt133 thread in the regulated mods section of this forum. Look for his name and in his signature, you will see the profiles for download. It makes life a lot easier when dealing with escribe. He did all the hard work already. Once you download the profiles, you can tweak the little things to your own taste. I tagged him so he might drop by in here and try to help you guys out. Good luck and it's easier than it looks once you get the hang of it.
Thanks for the kind words my friend :cheers:. I'll post here to make the link easy to find for anyone interested. If anyone has a specific question, I'll be happy to help if I can.

Cheers,
Steve

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You beat me two it if should tell him you sent me. Iam not ready to mess with mine like I said need ss wire and get couple 26650. But if I can download to a file and not straight to mod guess I could go ahead and get started. Really appreciate you taking the time to do this. As iam for everyone have chatted with in here. As for the vt133 think going to make my buddy suffer alittle make him wait.

Last edited:

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know @MidwestExpress was having problems with his VT75 Nano and ohms not reading right and other problems, he sent it into Evolv and they changed the board and now it works fine.

I know on my VT75 26650 if the removable plate around the 510 is recessed too low I can get ohms not reading right. I sometimes loosen up the plate so that it is a little higher than the top of the mod before screwing on the tank.

I would contact Evolv about your problem, there CS seems to be great and I am sure they will make it right. Come to think of it contact lavabox first, maybe they will send out a replacement while you ship the faulting mod back.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know @MidwestExpress was having problems with his VT75 Nano and ohms not reading right and other problems, he sent it into Evolv and they changed the board and now it works fine.

I know on my VT75 26650 if the removable plate around the 510 is recessed too low I can get ohms not reading right. I sometimes loosen up the plate so that it is a little higher than the top of the mod before screwing on the tank.

I would contact Evolv about your problem, there CS seems to be great and I am sure they will make it right. Come to think of it contact lavabox first, maybe they will send out a replacement while you ship the faulting mod back.

Yeah, I had all sorts of problems with my VT75 Nano. Wasn't reading Ohm's correctly, battery cutoff not being read correctly so I could only use 30-40% of the battery and then have to recharge. It was throwing temp alarms when it didn't even have a chance to produce any vapor, and that was even on a single wire 28ss430 build.

Like @mjag said, I got a hold of Evolve and told them what was going on. I was without it for maybe a week. Helps they are only 2 hours North of me. They swapped the board out and uploaded all of my settings back onto the new chip. Now, everything works just how it should. I had it rockin my Conqueror tank with dual 2x28ss430/37ss316. Run that anywhere between 55-70w and it vapes fantastically. Eats through a battery though at 70w, but at least I can use the full battery and not just 30-40% of the battery!

I had it set to have the Nano swapped out for something else because I read nothing but horror stories about everyone seeing the same or similar issues with their DNA75 mods. It was sounding like it was an issue with the chip itself so I was ready to bail for something else. Then Evolve got back to me right before I returned the Nano and they said they wanted to fix it for me if they could. Thankfully they were able to!

SmilinVapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What will escribe do for me. Since I don't use temp control anymore. I prefer straight power mode

In escribe you can also update the firmware. I think the new firmware update addresses the weak battery issue so it isn't as aggressive.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
In escribe you can also update the firmware. I think the new firmware update addresses the weak battery issue so it isn't as aggressive.
I guess I will try to figure escribe out tonite after work

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Agreed, I'm using Escribe/ Firmware version 1.2 SP3 on all of my DNA mods. It smoothed out TC for SS316 on the DNA200 mods and took care of the early weak battery warning on the DNA75.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit Here's the link if anyone is interested:
[EARLY]
*** 2016-08-08 EScribe 1.2 SP3 ***
https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupES250.exe (57MB standardalone installer)

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, I had all sorts of problems with my VT75 Nano. Wasn't reading Ohm's correctly, battery cutoff not being read correctly so I could only use 30-40% of the battery and then have to recharge. It was throwing temp alarms when it didn't even have a chance to produce any vapor, and that was even on a single wire 28ss430 build.

Like @mjag said, I got a hold of Evolve and told them what was going on. I was without it for maybe a week. Helps they are only 2 hours North of me. They swapped the board out and uploaded all of my settings back onto the new chip. Now, everything works just how it should. I had it rockin my Conqueror tank with dual 2x28ss430/37ss316. Run that anywhere between 55-70w and it vapes fantastically. Eats through a battery though at 70w, but at least I can use the full battery and not just 30-40% of the battery!

I had it set to have the Nano swapped out for something else because I read nothing but horror stories about everyone seeing the same or similar issues with their DNA75 mods. It was sounding like it was an issue with the chip itself so I was ready to bail for something else. Then Evolve got back to me right before I returned the Nano and they said they wanted to fix it for me if they could. Thankfully they were able to!
Seems like you went through alittle bs. Glad it all got worked out for you. That's what I wanted to get red nano. Ended up getting blacl vt75 flipped it within couple days had the red one.

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I forgot to add, with the Vt75 there is a cathode screw, that electricity flows through-if this is not adjusted correctly you will get all sorts of errors.

Here is a link to the screw in question, and the problems it can cause, and how to adjust it(It is near the bottom of the page):
https://evolvapor.forumchitchat.com/post/hcigar-vt75-nano-w-crown-2-8234918
Just checked its all good. Now the screw in middle of battery compartment. Had play in it not much but just enough for it ti shock the shit out of me.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just had time today to just mess with escribe and the lavabox. not sure what it means but I plugged in the mod. I gets power but when I try to connect it says nothing is connected. I used the cable that came with box and others and I get same thing, no device found. also when I just try to vape it not connected obviously just with my 18650s the device gets really hot to point you have to put it down.

Last edited:

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just had time today to just mess with escribe and the lavabox. not sure what it means but I plugged in the mod. I gets power but when I try to connect it says nothing is connected. I used the cable that came with box and others and I get same thing, no device found. also when I just try to vape it not connected obviously just with my 18650s the device gets really hot to point you have to put it down.
I would bet you have wire jacked up. Something is shorting if getting hot batteries your positive and negative mite be touching. Could be wire off board serial port, 510, battery.contact. If your batteries are getting that hot i would put it down Not likely but you could have bad 18650.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I would bet you have wire jacked up. Something is shorting if getting hot batteries your positive and negative mite be touching. Could be wire off board serial port, 510, battery.contact. If your batteries are getting that hot i would put it down Not likely but you could have bad 18650.
All my batteries are doin same thing I have 4 just for lavabox. Idk but not a fan of evol or lavabox ready to just chuck it somewhere I did contact evol and just waiting for an answer

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
All my batteries are doin same thing I have 4 just for lavabox. Idk but not a fan of evol or lavabox ready to just chuck it somewhere I did contact evol and just waiting for an answer

All batteries getting hot?

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yup even guy at the shop I go to is like damn this thing is hot

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not good. I doubt its a software issue. The body or case of mod acts as ground. So any part of the wire not insulated will short.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Stop using the device-something is wrong. It should not be getting that hot, especially if the shop mentioned it.

Sorry to hear you have had a bad experience with evolv, but out of 36+ mods I find them to be the best for customer service. They replaced the boards in 2 of my DNA200's, one on the very same day they received it.

You will get a working device, it is a shame when it isn't immediately though, my first DNA200 had issues (Not Evolvs fault, but hotcigs).

The Evolv devices I find really are best for people who want to go in depth with their settings and get a perfect vape custom to them, if people are not interested in Escribe I actually wouldn't recommend an Evolv device.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Stop using the device-something is wrong. It should not be getting that hot, especially if the shop mentioned it.

Sorry to hear you have had a bad experience with evolv, but out of 36+ mods I find them to be the best for customer service. They replaced the boards in 2 of my DNA200's, one on the very same day they received it.

You will get a working device, it is a shame when it isn't immediately though, my first DNA200 had issues (Not Evolvs fault, but hotcigs).

The Evolv devices I find really are best for people who want to go in depth with their settings and get a perfect vape custom to them, if people are not interested in Escribe I actually wouldn't recommend an Evolv device.
I just got the mod back from evolv ur right there customer service is top notch. They sent it back with new board and they fixed something else. Unfortunately I'm selling it. Just don't like the way it's built from volcano Feels flimsy. If I drop it again is board gunna mess up again. Don't wanna deal with that. But evolv service is great

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got the mod back from evolv ur right there customer service is top notch. They sent it back with new board and they fixed something else. Unfortunately I'm selling it. Just don't like the way it's built from volcano Feels flimsy. If I drop it again is board gunna mess up again. Don't wanna deal with that. But evolv service is great

I am glad to hear the service you got from Evolv was great- they replaced the boards in my RMA'd mods too.

Sorry to hear you are moving on the lavabox due to it feeling flimsy though, I don't own one of these myself so can't comment on the quality. Do you want to get another Evolv device?
I really like the SDNA 75, and it is available for a good price too, plus it feels pretty solid.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

well at least evolv made it right .. glad to hear you didn't get stuck!

Don't own a lavabox .. can understand the sense of 'flimsy' tho.. from what i've heard the aluminum is very light compared to most other mods .. I also have a tendency to associate a heavier feel with 'solid' and lighter with 'cheap' or 'flimsy' construction.. have to make a mental leap or jump for me when faced with something that feels much lighter.. lol

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Don't own a lavabox .. can understand the sense of 'flimsy' tho.. from what i've heard the aluminum is very light compared to most other mods .. I also have a tendency to associate a heavier feel with 'solid' and lighter with 'cheap' or 'flimsy' construction.. have to make a mental leap or jump for me when faced with something that feels much lighter.. lol
That is a good point you make there, about aluminium being lighter than other metals, and us associating heavy=Solid and Light=weak or flimsy.

Of course, this isn't always true, some of the lighter metals are actually very strong, but I find that feel is very important to a lot of people so it may be a heavier, weaker mod would sell more than a lighter, stronger mod if we think of heavy being stronger.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Yea I'm glad. For sale it is lol. Yea. It's the lightest mod I've ever had. But yea it feels flimsy in the hand. Now from my experience I say flimsy because I dropped this mod from literally 6 inches up to the concrete. My bag was there and it slipped out boom there went my experience with the chip and mod. Idk if I want another volcano or dna product. Was it the chip that can't take a drop or the mod. U know that's my thing bout it

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea I'm glad. For sale it is lol. Yea. It's the lightest mod I've ever had. But yea it feels flimsy in the hand. Now from my experience I say flimsy because I dropped this mod from literally 6 inches up to the concrete. My bag was there and it slipped out boom there went my experience with the chip and mod. Idk if I want another volcano or dna product. Was it the chip that can't take a drop or the mod. U know that's my thing bout it

It is hard to say wether it was the board or the mod to be honest. In both cases I had to RMA a DNA200, a new board was put in as a replacement, I am not sure if this is because the board was indeed faulty, or it is easier for Evolv to replace the board, then repair the board they have taken out for a faster turnaround.

A 6 Inch drop is not far at all, ideally we shouldn't drop mods at all, but we all have accidents. I dropped my Efusion and took a little chunk out of the metal, but the mod worked fine, while both my Hotcigs never got dropped, but the first was broken on arrival, the second around a month, and I put this down to the design and wiring of the Hotcig, not the boards.

If you mainly use power mode though as you have said before, I think it is a bit of a waste in all honesty to buy a Evolv device, as I feel they really shine in TC mode. For straight up wattage mode, you can get a lot of great looking mods at a very good price too. You can even get something designed to be able to take drops and scrapes, the Encom Voidray is pretty good from my friends description, but limited to 60W.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors