Become a Patron!

My free aspire Zelos kit. (first impressions)

bugalien

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I won this kit from a giveaway on this forum and got it in 7 days! Just $1. charge for regulation and free shipping.

Well, I had a little bit of a learning curve to get things started. :confused: I only own one other MOD and that is the Smok Alien that came with the Baby Beast, then I got a couple RDAs and have been mostly sub ohming. I also have a couple spinners with some old aspire ET tanks I use to vape some juice that flavor is too strong sub ohm for me, or sneak at the grocery. lol.

I have not tried TC mode and am only reviewing on wattage mode with the 1.8 coil.

• The mod arrived with power on and battery bar reads full. I got the grey one that I asked for and it has a silver metal drip tip, probably ss (a little heavy).
  • The tank had the 1.8 ohm coil installed and it was very tight. I had to sweet talk it a bit to unscrew the coil. I screwed it back in to give some above 1 ohm vaping a go.
  • Comes with an extra glass, O-rings, black plasticy drip tip that feels nice and is light weight, a .7 ohm coil, a usb cable,short user manual, warranty card, and a little card that shows how to fill the tank.
Being afraid to fry or ruin the 1.8 coil, I may have started with lower wattage than could fire it and couldn't get any vape. The coil says 4.2 - 5.0 v but I couldn't see anything guiding me to what wattage to use. Using a max VG vanilla custard juice (at least 70% VG is all I vape because PG causes some issues with me), I can get decent vapor and nice flavor starting at around 10w on this coil but am vaping at 13.5. The airflow can close very tight for some good MTL hits. The tank and coil has a certain smooth and even flavor and vapor production that I would not be able to reproduce with the Baby Beast, and definitely can't get with the aspire ETs. Quite a pleasant vape all in all.
  • If held up in front of a light, I can see the tiniest gap between the tank and MOD, but not very noticable.
  • Tank is a bit darker than the mod in grey but it is still good looking.
  • Great instant screen flipping without waiting. lol
  • The mod and tank have a nice weight that is not very heavy, but not light.
  • The finish is very smooth with a fine texture that might be too smooth and easy to drop if one has dry hands.
  • The way the tank is unscrewed to fill is a little bit awkward, one might accidentally over fill it.
  • It has restricted airflow that can be turned very far down for some really tight pulls.
  • On all airflow settings it is a smooth pull with no whistling that I have found.
  • Good flavor with an even and smooth vapor production.
  • Has not leaked yet after a couple hours and I am laying it on it's side on the couch beside me.
After replacing the tank one of the times I unscrewed it and replaced it, mod said "No Atomizer" and it was fine when I shut it down and restarted. This only happened once so far.

I would definitely recommend this product to a person who needs to quit smoking and doesn't need more than 50 watts. It has a very tight draw setting that still gives good vapor.

VU Sponsors