Become a Patron!

My Flavor Stash - What would you make?

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
I'll be taking delivery of these tomorrow. I'll be doing the basics, tasting each separately. But I want to make something more complex too. Any ideas....open to anything.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Start easy. Can't get complex until you understand each flavor you intend to use. If u want2 get complex now just find n follow a recipe to follow.

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Start easy. Can't get complex until you understand each flavor you intend to use. If u want2 get complex now just find n follow a recipe to follow.
Yeah, I just wanted to see what people here might do. I never even thought of anything but fruit flavors. But after seeing what's possible, I'm dying to try something interesting. I've been vaping unflavored for a few days while waiting for my delivery so I'm really jonzin! Lol.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I can give a couple of simple suggestions, but just note that these are not recipes that I've made myself.

Caramel Candy Apple

2% Red Delicious Apple
1.5% Apple Candy
1.5% Caramel
You may or may not need a little sweetener in this. I'm thinking the apple candy will probably make it sweet enough. If not, 0.5% of Cap Super Sweet. Note: If you don't taste the caramel enough at first, be patient. Caramel takes a few days to become more prominent than it is at first.

You could also make a custard out of this by adding about 3% of Vanilla Custard II.

Green Jolly Rancher

3% Green Apple
2% Apple Candy
1% Lemon
Again, test to see if you need sweetener.

Icebox Pie

3% Lemon
1.5% Lemon-Lime
4% Vanilla Custard II
1.5% Vanilla Whipped Cream
1.5% Graham Cracker Crust
0.5% Sugar Cookie
0.5% Super Sweet

This last one will probably need 4 or 5 days to steep.

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
I can give a couple of simple suggestions, but just note that these are not recipes that I've made myself.
Ahh, thank you! That helps answer some things for me. That some ingredients do actually sweeten without a specific sweetener added. Some flavors have sweet in the name but I never really know if its the same as actual sweetener.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Ahh, thank you! That helps answer some things for me. That some ingredients do actually sweeten without a specific sweetener added. Some flavors have sweet in the name but I never really know if its the same as actual sweetener.

FA Marshmallow makes a good sweetener in bakery-type mixes, too. In that Icebox Pie recipe, you could use about 1.25% of FA Marshmallow instead of the 0.5% of Cap Super Sweet. The Marshmallow adds a little extra richness (or gooey-ness) and may work very well in that recipe.

I was still thinking about your stash and believe I'd wonder what an orange whipped cream would be like. Something like this:

3% Sweet Tangerine
2% Valencia Orange
3% Vanilla Whipped Cream
1.5% Marshmallow

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
FA Marshmallow makes a good sweetener in bakery-type mixes, too. In that Icebox Pie recipe, you could use about 1.25% of FA Marshmallow instead of the 0.5% of Cap Super Sweet. The Marshmallow adds a little extra richness (or gooey-ness) and may work very well in that recipe.

I was still thinking about your stash and believe I'd wonder what an orange whipped cream would be like. Something like this:

3% Sweet Tangerine
2% Valencia Orange
3% Vanilla Whipped Cream
1.5% Marshmallow
I had the same idea with the whipped cream and orange. I'll be trying out a lot of things.

First thing I have to do is identify which things might bother my stomach. I've never had any allergies or reactions to any food....but there are at least 2 things that bother my stomach with vaping. One is something in VGod's Strawberry Belt, literally makes me nausious, tested multiple times.

The other one is either my Delosi Grape or Apple. (I already had the Delosi flavors but didn't like it without sweetener.) I mixed them before tasting them. The orange is all good for sure. But one of those others churns my stomach something fierce! Never been sensitive to any food flavors, at least that I've noticed.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
The one flavor I cannot deal with is Capella Vanilla Custard V1. I'm not alone in saying that I pick up that "upchuck" smell from it and suddenly I don't want to vape or eat anything. To a lesser extent I get that from (everyone's favorite) FA Custard Premium.

You ordered the custard I like best of all - TFA VC II. I also like FA Custard, but it has a bit of a lemon note to it, so doesn't fit in all custard applications. I wouldn't use it with chocolate, for example.

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
The one flavor I cannot deal with is Capella Vanilla Custard V1. I'm not alone in saying that I pick up that "upchuck" smell from it and suddenly I don't want to vape or eat anything. To a lesser extent I get that from (everyone's favorite) FA Custard Premium.

You ordered the custard I like best of all - TFA VC II. I also like FA Custard, but it has a bit of a lemon note to it, so doesn't fit in all custard applications. I wouldn't use it with chocolate, for example.
Yeah, I know the flavors can be odd sometimes. An example for me, I get a bit of funk from regular old Naked100 Lemon...but it's like....kind of like a good funk! Don't know how else to put it.

But I'd draw the line with upchuck overtone. Lol.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Some nice suggestions up there! I’m more
of a bakery girl myself.

I’d go something like this…..dark

Caps Double Chocv2 1.5%
TFA Vanilla Custard II 3%
TFA GCC 1.5%
Caps Sugar Cookie 2.5%
Caps Vanilla Whipped Cream 2%
And maybe a little Super Sweet? 0.5%

The chocolate is a dark one, more cocoa like, but the cream/custard should mitigate that.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Some nice suggestions up there! I’m more
of a bakery girl myself.

I’d go something like this…..dark

Caps Double Chocv2 1.5%
TFA Vanilla Custard II 3%
TFA GCC 1.5%
Caps Sugar Cookie 2.5%
Caps Vanilla Whipped Cream 2%
And maybe a little Super Sweet? 0.5%

The chocolate is a dark one, more cocoa like, but the cream/custard should mitigate that.

That sounds great! Would be good with caramel added, also, but then it would get a little darker, so depends on the taste buds, eh?

I have TFA Double Chocolate (which I don't taste as chocolate much) but haven't tried Caps. Next flavor order, I just might. I like dark chocolates.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That sounds great! Would be good with caramel added, also, but then it would get a little darker, so depends on the taste buds, eh?

I have TFA Double Chocolate (which I don't taste as chocolate much) but haven't tried Caps. Next flavor order, I just might. I like dark chocolates.
Oh, caramel would be great!

Yeah, it’s one of Folkart’s favorite chocolates. Definitely more of a dark chocolate, kin to CFB. I think you would really like it. A bit dry, though(like dark chocolate) so you’d have to add something to richen it up…..and super sweet, of course, cause it’s chocolate. The TFA, for me, has that band aid taste.🤮

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Oh, caramel would be great!

Yeah, it’s one of Folkart’s favorite chocolates. Definitely more of a dark chocolate, kin to CFB. I think you would really like it. A bit dry, though(like dark chocolate) so you’d have to add something to richen it up…..and super sweet, of course, cause it’s chocolate. The TFA, for me, has that band aid taste.🤮

Sounds like it would mix well with VTA Chocolate Custard.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

VU Sponsors