Become a Patron!

My first go at building a box mod

fightinggoat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As the title says, been wanting a triple series pwm mod for a while but not having much luck finding anyone who wanted to build one for me. So I built one myself and saved some money as well.

Got the kit from motley mods, nothing but good experience from them, shipped fast and kept me updated via text with shipping info, even sent me a text when it was delivered.

Here she is, next one will be better for sure, but not too bad for my fist build and it does vape great, I especially love the switch, it’s smooth and clicks with great tactile feedback.

And before someone yells about the batteries, they are married and all the same, just had to rewrap the orange one after I dropped it and nicked the factory green wrap.

The hardest part for me was definitely soldering the wire to the pwm board and also to the 510 positive pin.
Had to buy a better soldering iron and more solder to get it done lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    971.2 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,019.1 KB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 34

AKmtnvapor

Member For 1 Year
Hey nice job there! I too am building my first basic unregulated parallel 18650 box mod using a Hammond box and I’ve got a question for ya. When you connect the negative lead to the copper ring that sits under the 510 over the threads, I’m wondering if its ok that the wire or the ring itself is touching the metal of the box? I’m not quite sure how to connect it without it touching, and wondering if it will create a hard short? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

fightinggoat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey nice job there! I too am building my first basic unregulated parallel 18650 box mod using a Hammond box and I’ve got a question for ya. When you connect the negative lead to the copper ring that sits under the 510 over the threads, I’m wondering if its ok that the wire or the ring itself is touching the metal of the box? I’m not quite sure how to connect it without it touching, and wondering if it will create a hard short? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
As long as you make sure that any metal touching the inside of the box is negative, then it cannot short.
It is ok and the usual way it's done for the ring and wire to touch the box directly.

VU Sponsors