Become a Patron!

My first flavor order. Would like feedback, please.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey all,

I'm making my first flavor order through BCV and I'm keeping it around the free shipping mark ($75.) I ordered my nic through VT, bottles through glass bottle outlet, and scale/pipettes through Amazon. I was originally going to get my PG/VG base through VT, but I figured BCV would be OK and it saved me a few thousand yen. J/K I'm from Boston.

Anyway, I would like some feedback on these flavors. I KNOW that flavors are subjective, but lets be real, some just are BAD I'm sure and I'd like to avoid wasting my money. These are pretty much all 10/13ml so I can sample, but if one is REALLY good,and popular, let me know and I'll get a bigger bottle. Please feel free to suggest other variations (v1 or v2 although I'm trying to stick with the safer route) or other manufacturers for a particular flavor. Also, let me know if I'm missing any MUST HAVES. A few of these I would not typically order, but I'm getting them to make Sugar Drizzle, Unicorn Milk and Muffin Man clones.

I tend to like sweeter flavors like dessert type but I like fruity ones as well. Also, looking for a really good RY4 base. Don't know if it matters but I'm on a Kanger TopBox Mini (Sub-Ohm) and have 2 Eleaf iJust2's in the mail coming from Fast Tech.

Here's my cart.. Thanks in advance! :

Graham Cracker v2 (CAP)
Wild Blueberry (TFA)
Blueberry Extra (TFA)
Sweet Strawberry (CAP) (Was between this and Ripe Strawberry)
New York Cheesecake (CAP) !!!!!!!
Sweet Cream (CAP)
Harvest Berry (CAP)
Cinnamon Danish Swirl (CAP)
Sugar Cookie v2 (CAP)
Vanilla Custard v2 (CAP)
Cake Batter Dip (FW)
Butter Cream (CAP)
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (CAP)
DX Bavarian Cream (TFA)
Marshmallow (CAP) !!!!!!!
RY4 Double (TFA)
DX Caramel Original (TFA)
Coconut (FA)
Blackberry (TFA)
Fuji (Apple) (FA)

4oz Ethyl Maltol Crystals (TFA)

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey all,

I'm making my first flavor order through BCV and I'm keeping it around the free shipping mark ($75.) I ordered my nic through VT, bottles through glass bottle outlet, and scale/pipettes through Amazon. I was originally going to get my PG/VG base through VT, but I figured BCV would be OK and it saved me a few thousand yen. J/K I'm from Boston.

Anyway, I would like some feedback on these flavors. I KNOW that flavors are subjective, but lets be real, some just are BAD I'm sure and I'd like to avoid wasting my money. These are pretty much all 10/13ml so I can sample, but if one is REALLY good,and popular, let me know and I'll get a bigger bottle. Please feel free to suggest other variations (v1 or v2 although I'm trying to stick with the safer route) or other manufacturers for a particular flavor. Also, let me know if I'm missing any MUST HAVES. A few of these I would not typically order, but I'm getting them to make Sugar Drizzle, Unicorn Milk and Muffin Man clones.

I tend to like sweeter flavors like dessert type but I like fruity ones as well. Also, looking for a really good RY4 base. Don't know if it matters but I'm on a Kanger TopBox Mini (Sub-Ohm) and have 2 Eleaf iJust2's in the mail coming from Fast Tech.

Here's my cart.. Thanks in advance! :

Graham Cracker v2 (CAP)
Wild Blueberry (TFA)
Blueberry Extra (TFA)
Sweet Strawberry (CAP) (Was between this and Ripe Strawberry)
New York Cheesecake (CAP) !!!!!!!
Sweet Cream (CAP)
Harvest Berry (CAP)
Cinnamon Danish Swirl (CAP)
Sugar Cookie v2 (CAP)
Vanilla Custard v2 (CAP)
Cake Batter Dip (FW)
Butter Cream (CAP)
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (CAP)
DX Bavarian Cream (TFA)
Marshmallow (CAP) !!!!!!!
RY4 Double (TFA)
DX Caramel Original (TFA)
Coconut (FA)
Blackberry (TFA)
Fuji (Apple) (FA)

4oz Ethyl Maltol Crystals (TFA)

Got a few in there that need to go super light on.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like a good starter kit to me! Personally, I don't think you'll need anywhere near 4oz of EM crystals, that will make a ton, but it's up to you. ;)
I have a lot of those same flavors, but couldn't help but notice there are no FlavourArt flavorings on your list. Might be your preference, but do want to let you know they're very true to flavor for whatever they represent, and it takes much less of them in a mix to achieve desired results. A real money saver in the long run.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FA Fresh Cream and FA Vanilla Bourbon(if I had to pick only 1 FA vanilla) is a must for me. Oh yeah FA Cookie. You may as well get ready for the deep dark seedy underworld of DIY. Before long you'll be asking yourself...... How in the hell did I get all these flavors ?! Where am I going to put this stuff? When did I order this? How in the hell did I end up with three different strawberries? Oooo a SALE!!, I always wanted to try ..... Sorry my friend but it's the cold hard facts of DIY. Before long you'll be running low on a certain flavoring and when you go to reorder, you'll end up ordering more flavors so you can hit the free shipping. Worst case scenario, you'll end up like Teresa P. She has every flavor know to man, and then some.:D
IT NEVER ENDS!!!!!!!!
Oh yeah, welcome.:)
Edit: Sugar Cookie v2 (CAP) will make a great stand alone for you(6-10%) so you'll have something to vape while your learning.

Last edited:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FA Fresh Cream and FA Vanilla Bourbon(if I had to pick only 1 FA vanilla) is a must for me. Oh yeah FA Cookie. You may as well get ready for the deep dark seedy underworld of DIY. Before long you'll be asking yourself...... How in the hell did I get all these flavors ?! Where am I going to put this stuff? When did I order this? How in the hell did I end up with three different strawberries? Oooo a SALE!!, I always wanted to try ..... Sorry my friend but it's the cold hard facts of DIY. Before long you'll be running low on a certain flavoring and when you go to reorder, you'll end up ordering more flavors so you can hit the free shipping. Worst case scenario, you'll end up like Teresa P. She has every flavor know to man, and then some.:D
IT NEVER ENDS!!!!!!!!
Oh yeah, welcome.:)
And you'll look like this when you're mixing.....:D

LN6UmQ6.jpg

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As Long as its not M-Type tobacco you will be fine..
You can try the crazies things and not look and see what you are mixing just grab a few and add.. some of my best stuff has come out this way and No I am not joking.. the oddest things go together in Mixology contrasts that would nevert seen reasonable :)

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Excellent advice and suggestions. Keep the flavors coming! Any on the list you'd advise against or swap for another company?

-I didn't realize that FA would give me more bang for my buck. Now just to figure out which flavs to replace with theirs. ::pulls hair out::
-As far as EM crystals go, how much would be enough to suffice to go with 480ml of each PG/VG? 30ml?

-I did base some of my flavors off of a few recipes. I don't really know which recipes are great because I've only tried Sugar Bear, Unicorn Milk, and Rainbow Nuggets. Aside from when I started vaping 3 years ago on my Aqua Vapor eCig and flavors were not quite as popular and recipes were much more simple single note flavors. Because of that I lost interest and gave up after a few months and went back to analogs. Needless to say, things have changed quite a bit and it's fast paced enough to keep my attention.

Since my Kanger has come in the mail last week, I have had 4 analogs and haven't had one in two days or so. I've also wracked up some pretty big orders. Immediately ordered 2 more vapes (Eleaf iJust2..1 for me and he other for the girl..non nicotine for her as she doesn't smoke.... tobacco.) I also ordered all of my necessities for coil making and obviously mixing. I tend to submerge myself in whatever I'm into at the moment, but this is a real life changer. The last analog I smoked was horribly disgusting; I'm just getting over the whole hand to mouth gesture and the feeling of one hanging off the lip. It's also weird not needing a lighter when leaving the house. Just god forbid I forget the vape which is why I ordered another as a backup. I already know it won't end here though. Within a month I'll have all the latest and greatest tanks and mods as that's just my nature. Hey, I have a way to justify it all!!

Thank you to those that have welcomed me and let's humidify the HECK out of 2016. TO GOOD HEALTH! CHEERS!

Oh, and all hail Hon Lik! A true savior.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You don't have to put EM in every mix, matter of fact your flavoring is generally sweet enough on its own. I strongly recommend you try your juices without EM before you think about using it, as you likely won't need it at all. I think I have a couple of my own recipes that include it because I wanted them to have an exaggerated candy-type flavor, but I hardly use it at all other than that. EM tends to mute flavor, rather than enhance it. ;)

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You don't have to put EM in every mix, matter of fact your flavoring is generally sweet enough on its own. I strongly recommend you try your juices without EM before you think about using it, as you likely won't need it at all. I think I have a couple of my own recipes that include it because I wanted them to have an exaggerated candy-type flavor, but I hardly use it at all other than that. EM tends to mute flavor, rather than enhance it. ;)
What she said. My EM is getting all rusty and dusty. If you really think you need EM, grab the smallest premixed bottle you can. EM is the same as cotton candy. Capella makes Super Sweet.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Okay, okay! You all convinced me! I see it in a lot of clone recipes so I figured it was a necessity. I'll grab a 10ml bottle of TFA EM as they seem to be the only company on BCV that has it in a small quantity. Then I'll probably never use it;) I guess I'd feel better knowing I have it on hand JUST incase lol. It may save one of my recipes one day.

You guys (and ladies!) are super helpful and it makes feel better knowing I have you in my back pocket once I start.

Any musicians here?

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So I've had a few days to stew and adjust my order a bit. Got rid of a few. Added alot more. Took Teresa P's advice and added more FA after some researching. I based most of my FA decisions from HIC's descriptions. Here it is:

CAP:
Graham Cracker v2
Sweet Strawberry
NY Cheesecake
Harvest Berry
Cinnamon Danish Swirl
Sugar Cookie v2
Vanilla Custard v2
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Cake Batter

TFA:
Wild Blueberry
Blueberry Extra
DX Bavarian Cream
RY4 Double
DX Caramel Original
Dragonfruit
Vanilla Swirl
Sweet Ceam
Orange Cream
Cheesecake (Graham Crust)
Pear

FA:
Coconut
Fuji
Fresh Cream
Peach
Cookie
Vanilla Bourbon
Vanilla Cream
Tiramisu
Blackberry
Cinnamon Ceylon
Meringue
Marshmallow
Catalan Cream
Strawberry
Arctic Winter (Menthol)

FW:
Cinnamon Roll

Solid? If there is any redundancy (even amongst vendors) please let me know. I have a few of the same flavors but don't know which variations I'll like or maybe need to mix with one another.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Add some vienna cream to that FA list, as well as vanilla classic. You'll use those often. ;)

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh snap, idk what happened. I have Vienna Cream in there. Must've forgotten to type it. I'll throw in some classic, though! Thx!

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
CAP Graham Cracker has a Cinnamon taste but TFA Graham Cracker Clear does not, just an FYI.
CAP Sugar Cookie V2 is meh at best, but the V1 is great IMO.
Same thing for the CAP Vanilla Custard, some ppl like the v2 but I don't.
FA Blackberry is "Perfume", FW & CAP & FE are much better.
If you need 2 Blueberries, I'd drop the Blueberry Extra and get either CAP or FW Blueberry instead.
I'd add some FA Apple Pie too.
TFA Caramel Original is better tasting than the DX IMO.
FW Butterscotch or TFA are also decent.
And I love FW Butter Pecan at 10% stand alone:D.

Just my 3 cents

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
CAP Graham Cracker has a Cinnamon taste but TFA Graham Cracker Clear does not, just an FYI.
FA Blackberry is "Perfume", FW & CAP & FE are much better.
If you need 2 Blueberries, I'd drop the Blueberry Extra and get either CAP or FW Blueberry instead.
I'd add some FA Apple Pie too.
TFA Caramel Original is better tasting than the DX IMO.
FW Butterscotch or TFA are also decent.
And I love FW Butter Pecan at 10% stand alone:D.

Just my 3 cents

Excellent advice, thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for. Somebody who has been there and done that (I know a lot of you have) and can maybe save me a few bucks in taste testing. Of course taste is all subjective, but I'll gladly take 3 cents.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I like cinnamon type graham cracker as well as regular, so I'll stick with both. Thank you for the explanation.

I was trying to stick with the V2's as they advise caution against some V1's, but I like to live life on the wild side :cool: I mean how much worse could it be than the 7,000+ chemicals I was inhaling up until a couple weeks ago. >Pack a day smoker and haven't had one since 36 hours after I picked up my Kanger. :D

Last edited:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I like cinnamon type graham cracker as well as regular, so I'll stick with both. Thank you for the explanation.

I was trying to stick with the V2's as they advise caution against some V1's, but I like to live life on the wild side :cool: I mean how much worse could it be than the 7,000+ chemicals I was inhaling up until a couple weeks ago. >Pack a day smoker and haven't had one since 36 hours after I picked up my Kanger. :D

Just a thought to save you some $$ cause you can make your own Cinnamon flavored Graham Cracker.
My favorite so far is FW Cinnamon mostly because it's a sweeter type, although a it's bit of a coil gunker.
I should also mention FW Hazelnut cause it's also a sweeter version than others I've tried.
FA Almond and FA Walnut, as these come in handy too, for some of the Cookie and Bakery types.
Some others worth mention are:
INW Pear, INW Shisha Strawberry, INW Vanilla Bourbon, TFA Dairy Milk, TFA Berry Crunch,
DIYFS French Vanilla, & DIYFS Holy Vanilla, Hangsen Cream.
But typically you will most always be 1-2 flavors short for a recipe you want to make, lol, it's just part of the DIY game.
I started with some of the V2 versions but I just couldn't get them to work for me.
Kinda figured the same thing, can't be any worse than smoking:D.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors