Become a Patron!

My first build ever

Dutch_Vaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
On a Stillare I build my first coils.
Using Clapton wire I build a 0.3 Ohm dual coil.
29b00e8878160f03102b93b8cb762943.jpg
651bf9ce7d7a0a281599464c7fc81d84.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Good job! However, you can shorten the wicks a bit, so they just touch the deck. This helps to get better airflow under the coil(s) as well.

Dutch_Vaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the remark. I find airflow not really affected. Perhaps the build would get a fraction cooler, now air holes are venting directly on the coils and I can see the positive post underneath the coils. I will try to incorporate your remark on my next build.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for the remark. I find airflow not really affected. Perhaps the build would get a fraction cooler, now air holes are venting directly on the coils and I can see the positive post underneath the coils. I will try to incorporate your remark on my next build.

Do whatever works best for you though!

Dutch_Vaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I will try to incorporate your remarks next time. If I don't like it I will ignore them.
Vaping is a personal experience. At the moment I do not like it if the vape gets too hot. (Can/does that change over time?). When I get more experienced, I believe I can build coils to suit my needs. At least I have a basic understanding of the physics, so it is not to difficult to understand the effects of airflow, gauge, twisting, surface area, heat coefficient, volts,, amperes and wattage when changing one or more variables.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
A Clapton coil(s) needs more power/Watt, in order to heat up properly, therefore you will also have a hotter vape, than with "regular" coil(s). However, greater airflow might help keeping things cooler. If I'm remembering correctly, the Stillare doesn't have big air holes. A doge x v2 might be better suited for a Clapton build.

CoilBuldin'CloudChaser

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A Clapton coil(s) needs more power/Watt, in order to heat up properly, therefore you will also have a hotter vape, than with "regular" coil(s). However, greater airflow might help keeping things cooler. If I'm remembering correctly, the Stillare doesn't have big air holes. A doge x v2 might be better suited for a Clapton build.
A Doge is nice for claptons uploadfromtaptalk1447857476930.jpg

Keep Calm Vape On! ☁☁

CoilBuldin'CloudChaser

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I will try to incorporate your remarks next time. If I don't like it I will ignore them.
Vaping is a personal experience. At the moment I do not like it if the vape gets too hot. (Can/does that change over time?). When I get more experienced, I believe I can build coils to suit my needs. At least I have a basic understanding of the physics, so it is not to difficult to understand the effects of airflow, gauge, twisting, surface area, heat coefficient, volts,, amperes and wattage when changing one or more variables.

You do get used to the heat if that's what you meant. I used to think vaping on 80 watts was hot but now I could easily vape on 150 watts if I wanted too.

Keep Calm Vape On! ☁☁

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How the hell did you fit those Claptons in the STILLARE?
Is this a 26or26?

VAPE ON

Dutch_Vaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wrap one coil leaving long end (4 inches or so). Mount with long end through positive post hole. Then while attached wrap second coil, mount to second negative post. Like done here

Dutch_Vaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Used 26+32 Clapton from UD

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man..... You did not built ur first coils
YOU WRAP THEM and inserted them in the post! Come on now!
You probably got this wires from eBay??

VAPE ON

CoilBuldin'CloudChaser

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey it may take some work but it's a lot cheaper to build your own claptons my friend. No hate though, building isn't for everyone.

Keep Calm Vape On! ☁☁

Dutch_Vaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Man..... You did not built ur first coils
YOU WRAP THEM and inserted them in the post! Come on now!
You probably got this wires from eBay??

VAPE ON
Nope really build them. Perhaps that my Remote Controlled Helicopter building and flying made me more dexterous. And it was my first build. But I looked at a lot of builds on YouTube before starting. Having good tools like kuro wrapping aids surely helped.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope really build them. Perhaps that my Remote Controlled Helicopter building and flying made me more dexterous. And it was my first build. But I looked at a lot of builds on YouTube before starting. Having good tools like kuro wrapping aids surely helped.

I thought you bought the UD CLAPTONS..
ok, I had STILLARE authentic back when it first came out, it's made by cartel mods, I sold that thing for 140 bucks on eBay GOT for 60 bucks... That's was back then though!!
It's a nice solid atomizer but LIMITED!!
good job pilot..

VAPE ON

Dutch_Vaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Now using drip tip that came with Crown tank, makes it a lot cooler and more air gets through. Better aroma too. So now I know a good drip tip makes a lot of difference too......

Mods: Smok XCube 2 180 W, Joyetech eVic VT
Atomizers: Uwell Crown, 3 ego ONE Mega, Stillare RDA
Liquids: Vampire Vapes Heisenberg, T-Juices High Voltage, Melon with a bit of strong mint. All mixed/made with 100% VG. SpaceJam Pluto.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can't VAPE on a standard 510 drip
If it ain't this wide forget about it
89b20373ea65100da2a719d7b1ca0fad.jpg

VAPE ON

Dutch_Vaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Next one...
Now using this:
f38aff2ed4b5d45285ab12b0570d6c5f.jpg

=====================================
Liquids: Vampire Vapes Heisenberg, T-Juices High Voltage, Melon with a bit of strong mint. All mixed/made with 100% VG. SpaceJam Pluto.

Dutch_Vaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Was smoking ce5 cartomizers just 4 weeks ago. So this is almost better than breating freely back when I was smoking. (Almost 7 weeks ago)

Dutch_Vaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Still exploring all possibilities. So first RDA was a cheaper one. And this 510 drip tip is only small over very short distance (longer distance and drag shoots up fast)
I am open to suggestions...

Got any recommendations for me?
I want:
Sturdy posts, preferable same amount of positive posts as negative posts.
Posts with big holes or space for attaching (for parallel builds when putting multiple wires on 1 post.
Airy. 510 connection
No paint, enamel or so. Prefer bare metal steel (anodized for coloris ok)
Prefer engravings over laser etch.
Oh... Not too expensive.

And just one question: do those big drip tips not make you yawn, bite or cramp up your jaws? (Just kidding)

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For flavor rda, I highly suggest SAPOR RDA BY WOTOFO
It's upper airflow, it comes with 510 drip tip adapter and a wide bore but not really wide... Check it out

VAPE ON

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Those wide bore drip tips, I slowly work my way up to this volcano mouth, you get use to it in time, and with those claptons you will wanna need wide bore cuz those coils gets hot

VAPE ON

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

Aaahhh! Another Heli guy! I'm still a beginner, 'cause I don't get to fly a lot. And I hate using Phoenix, it's not like the real thing.

Dutch_Vaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For flavor rda, I highly suggest SAPOR RDA BY WOTOFO
It's upper airflow, it comes with 510 drip tip adapter and a wide bore but not really wide... Check it out

VAPE ON
Looks OK.

I personally was looking at rampage RDA:
0270661e6a67525a397301fa6329406e.jpg

Any good or bad about those?

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks OK.

I personally was looking at rampage RDA:
0270661e6a67525a397301fa6329406e.jpg

Any good or bad about those?

BAD

VAPE ON

Dutch_Vaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Aaahhh! Another Heli guy! I'm still a beginner, 'cause I don't get to fly a lot. And I hate using Phoenix, it's not like the real thing.
For computer sim you should look at accurc, flies almost like real. Need a better computer, although on my i3 laptop form 4 years ago it runs ok. But on my work i5 from a year ago it does not run (smoothly).

Dutch_Vaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
BAD

VAPE ON
Please elaborate.
I especially like the machined posts. (Ok looks ain't all)

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Please elaborate.
I especially like the machined posts. (Ok looks ain't all)
Ur looking at COMPETITION RDA
this rda is triple coil design.. Unless you wanna join a cloud comp then go ahead... Have u seen this

VAPE ON

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
For computer sim you should look at accurc, flies almost like real. Need a better computer, although on my i3 laptop form 4 years ago it runs ok. But on my work i5 from a year ago it does not run (smoothly).

Instead of the sim, I'm using the Nano CPX. It crashes pretty well, unless you take it nose first into the driveway. :)

VU Sponsors