Hello
This is my first build
ea590e0f6c55a5a1a2616ae9ed019210.jpg
24bccca0ef2f5340418d3a23aac94eae.jpg
63951fb40e4478014acce7af8f71bfa0.jpg
21a7d0a295824532f858309522eed99d.jpg
da5aec7ad44528bcbe5dc2d1879db85c.jpg
48b291342b0ef8f7a666f4dae26c9b23.jpg

The strange thing after installing the cotton and wicking it, my mod reading it as .73 ohm

But the flavor is very nice,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McAnythingReally

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Coil looks great! Especially for your first one you did an awesome job! In regards to the Ohms jumping, it may be wise to open the deck up again, check to make sure all your leads are secure, and screwed down tight enough, make sure there is no scraps of wire possibly floating in the deck, and just do a quick once over to make sure everything is nice and secure and not making contact with anything. May have just been an off moment where it read wrong, but its better to be safe and check it, then to be out and about and get hit with a dreaded "Atomizer Short" error

bpol201

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
image.jpeg This was my first spaced ss, still do them now , fast easy and great flavor

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tighten up the coil posts some more.
Looking good for the first attempt, but tighten the coils after you burn them, temperature shrinks and loosens the wire......

This will keep the resistance from changing, and also cotton and juice will change it, and also wattage will impact it some....

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

Yamensaleh

Member For 3 Years
Looking good for the first attempt, but tighten the coils after you burn them, temperature shrinks and loosens the wire......

This will keep the resistance from changing, and also cotton and juice will change it, and also wattage will impact it some....

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

I understand now
Today i tried to build .2ohm but no success
After i burned the coil it came back as .5
Tightened the screws and made sure the coils are not touching any thing and it came back to .35
After putting the cotton and wicking it it came back to .45

So i kept it like this, i am using it on rta so it is difficult to keep changing coils, I'm planning to order this rda https://www.ebay.com/itm/182235971859
Or this https://www.ebay.com/itm/191708881567
Which one do you suggest?

Regards

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I understand now
Today i tried to build .2ohm but no success
After i burned the coil it came back as .5
Tightened the screws and made sure the coils are not touching any thing and it came back to .35
After putting the cotton and wicking it it came back to .45

So i kept it like this, i am using it on rta so it is difficult to keep changing coils, I'm planning to order this rda https://www.ebay.com/itm/182235971859
Or this https://www.ebay.com/itm/191708881567
Which one do you suggest?

Regards

IMO, I would get the Mutation X V4, due to having AFC, giving you more control of how it's going to vape.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Ummmm, great point, no i don't like it worm, then I'll get the big one
Thanks

You're welcome!
You can use this one for either cloud chasing, or for flavor. Overall, I like the Mutations a lot. I also have 2 Mutation Mini. However, I mainly use plain 0.3 Ohm builds in most of my RDAs.

bpol201

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I have mutation v4 and I'm happy with it good air flow and good flavor

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your issue sounds like a connection problem. I think you're probably overtightening the leads initially. If you have too much pressure on them when you pulse, the wire flattens too much and there's no going back. There's nothing substantial enough in there for the posts to bite down on anymore, so the screws keep coming up. And the more you re-tighten, the more compromised the connection becomes. The wire becomes brittle and the heat/pressure starts eating it every time you move it/adjust the screws again. At that point, the only fix is to completely back out the posts, choke up on the leads, and set the screw on a new point in the lead.

Be gentle when you're first fixing your coils. Wrap and mount them in a way where you don't have to tug/wiggle much, if it all. Use low wattage for your pulses, too. The goal is to get good enough at it that a little squeeze and tilt is enough. Use the rod to position them as close to where they need to be before your fist pulse. Minimal tension. If you can do this, then you don't need to tighten the wire much at first. Starting off, leave about 3mm hanging out of the back of the posts. Once you tighten, very carefully wiggle the coils and watch those pieces hanging out. You want to tighten them *just* enough that those don't move. You'll feel like you can tighten more. Don't. After pulsing a few times, the screws will back out. Tighten them back to that tension and they should settle into that position. With thicker wire, you may have to do this several times. Just remember, small increments.

The idea here is that when you first start heating the metal, it is expanding and it needs room to do so. After enough heat is applied, it hardens. If you clamp down too much while it's still soft, the wire will give out. Once the metal hardens a bit, it tends to stay more secure and expand a lot less.

Last edited:

Yamensaleh

Member For 3 Years
Your issue sounds like a connection problem. I think you're probably overtightening the leads initially. If you have too much pressure on them when you pulse, the wire flattens too much and there's no going back. There's nothing substantial enough in there for the posts to bite down on anymore, so the screws keep coming up. And the more you re-tighten, the more compromised the connection becomes. The wire becomes brittle and the heat/pressure starts eating it every time you move it/adjust the screws again. At that point, the only fix is to completely back out the posts, choke up on the leads, and set the screw on a new point in the lead.

Be gentle when you're first fixing your coils. Wrap and mount them in a way where you don't have to tug/wiggle much, if it all. Use low wattage for your pulses, too. The goal is to get good enough at it that a little squeeze and tilt is enough. Use the rod to position them as close to where they need to be before your fist pulse. Minimal tension. If you can do this, then you don't need to tighten the wire much at first. Starting off, leave about 3mm hanging out of the back of the posts. Once you tighten, very carefully wiggle the coils and watch those pieces hanging out. You want to tighten them *just* enough that those don't move. You'll feel like you can tighten more. Don't. After pulsing a few times, the screws will back out. Tighten them back to that tension and they should settle into that position. With thicker wire, you may have to do this several times. Just remember, small increments.

The idea here is that when you first start heating the metal, it is expanding and it needs room to do so. After enough heat is applied, it hardens. If you clamp down too much while it's still soft, the wire will give out. Once the metal hardens a bit, it tends to stay more secure and expand a lot less.

Thank you for your great description and great advices, appreciated

Yamensaleh

Member For 3 Years
Finally i got .34 ohm using kanthal 24g, i found that if you hock the leads vise versa ( the bottom leg to the top and the top lead to ye bottom) you have better control to the wire

VU Sponsors