Become a Patron!

My eLeaf Lemo 2 comparison to the Kanger Subox Mini

domitron

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I went from a Kanger Subox Mini to this because I thought it was going to be a nicer head. I was sure it would be after seeing review after reviewer claim it was equal or better. It's not better. Don't believe the hype, guys. Don't get me wrong; it's okay but not great.

eLeaf Lemo 2 Problems:

1) The fill port is highly annoying if you are using a dropper, even if the thing is on it's side and the air holes closed, because it is not big enough. The thicker the fluid, the more easily it can back up all over the place.

2) Rewicking--a process a guy like me does sometimes every day--REQUIRES that you dump the head's fluids! WTF! That wastes fluid unless you wait until the thing is practically empty! The Subox Mini didn't require me to dump eFluid down the drain like that.

3) The head holds less fluid than the Subox Mini did - a lot less. It's maybe 30% less in real-world use if not more regardless of what the numbers say.

4) As for building the deck--remember the thing you bought this head for--the hole bends are a JOKE! How freaking annoying that they are not faced down or some direction that doesn't require 360-degree bends! Sure you can use the knobby screw heads, but if you do that, you better stick to 26 or 28 gauge wire or else they won't grab worth shit and they wire will pop off as soon as you tug the coil in place. Oh and about those bends: all that fucking wire not touching a drop of fluid is wattage down the drain since wire heats up even if it's not in the coil. That's power heating the air, not making vape! I'd say actual vapor production on this head is POOR at ~10W but just fine on the Kranger Subox Mini for my tastes. Big wattage numbers don't impress me if they don't lead to bigger clouds, better taste, or something, and this head can't touch the Subox at the lower wattage numbers. At the higher ones others problems exist (see 6 below).

5) The head leaks like crazy if it's sideways--you know the direction you'd probably want to charge the damned thing if you were using the accompanying eLeaf 100W mod. You don't need no hot car either; it'll just pour out being sideways in the middle of an air-conditioned room.

6) BUT THE ABSOLUTE WORST PART OF THIS HEAD IS THAT IT DOESN'T SUPPORT THICK FLUIDS AT ALL! If you are running above 60% VG, forget it; you'll get dry hits worse than the Kranger Subtank after maybe 10 drags unless you air the head every few drags by opening the fill port. You know those videos showing this tank work with thick fluid at high wattage? Well they should have kept dragging it because I've tried wicking this thing a half dozen ways, and IT SIMPLY DOES NOT WORK FOR THICK FLUIDS PAST A DOZEN DRAGS! I don't even know if it works for thin fluids, but down to 65% it doesn't work unless you air the head by opening the fill port (annoying).

Summary: there is nothing special about the Lemo 2 other than eLeaf sent it out to a lot of reviewers, and they felt obliged to talk about it positively. You get free stuff in the mail and see how objective YOU can be! And look I have no axe to grind here with eLeaf. There a good company for box mods but I bought this head REALLY wanting to like it better than the Kranger Subtank Mini, which actually has its own set of problems. In truth I don't like it better. In most respects it's worse. I feel like I just got ripped off.

domitron

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Now that I got that review out of the way, can someone please recommend a really GOOD RBA that:

1) Holds a lot of fluid (probably 4ml real storage is probably about the minimum I can tolerate, although closer to 5ml would be nice)
2) Doesn't leak all over the place when not oriented in a particular way (I understand that all heads might leak in extreme temperature environments. I'm not talking about that)
3) Doesn't require me to dump out the fluid to rewick
4) Doesn't dry hit even if I don't burp it with the fill port and handles thick and thin fluids (maybe with some adjustment)
5) Is easy and fast to rewick and rebuild as in is single-coiled and doesn't require the dexterity of a master sushi chef
6) Can be filled easily

I don't care about big wattage draws that yields no result. I don't mind if the unit doesn't make clouds that can impress the kids (I'm not a kid nor do I need to impress anyone. If anything flavor is my thing). I want a reliable unit that operates efficiently and can handle a lot of use. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Last edited:

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was a subtank user, recently I have swapped them all over for the hurricane, great flavor, easy to fill (similar to subtank) easy to build on and doesn't leak ;)

domitron

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks, Nailz. I'll check it out! I'm really overwhelmed and it helps when I get suggestions rather than spending more and more hours on this hobby. That drives my girlfriend crazy. lol

domitron

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I watched about 20 more RTAs and decided on the Youde UD Bellus RTA. I don't know but it sounds like what I'm after. I guess if it doesn't work, I'm only out $30 again. We'll see.

And for now I'm putting the Lemo 2 away. I went back to the subox mini. It doesn't produce as much vapor, but the taste is far better and it spits a tiny bit at 18W with the build I have (the Lemo 2 didn't spit and chucked more massive clouds). I don't mind the spitting, and I think it just part of the larger vapor droplets which I'm keying in on taste since those big droplets hit more my mouth than my lungs. As for the lack of big clouds, I don't need big clouds. I'm a taste freak, and it seems geared toward that with the smaller coils that probably spit.

I hoping the Youde with its small dual coil will be like the subox but with a little more big-droplet vapor production. I don't like building two small coils, but there aren't crazy bends like with the Lemo 2 and the reviews said it doesn't leak much if at all (an initial wipe is all I read). It's a top fill which is cool. There is no draining all the fluid to rewick/build, and I'm hoping dry hits on thick stuff isn't going to be a problem (didn't read anyone saying dry hits). It's a true 5ml tank, which means less refilling and plus the price is low.

I sometimes wish all this wasn't so complicated, but I guess it's still a very immature phase of development for these heads. It'll take more time to get the real categories of heads clearly defined and perfected I guess.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Flavor is better in the STM than the Lemo2. Rewicking and recoiling is easier. And unless using a fine tipped bottle with the Lemo filling is easier in the STM.

domitron

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Flavor is better in the STM than the Lemo2. Rewicking and recoiling is easier. And unless using a fine tipped bottle with the Lemo filling is easier in the STM.

I agree with all that too. I don't know how I ended up believing the Lemo 2 hype, but it's not a big deal. Just wanted to put a little balance out there.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree with all that too. I don't know how I ended up believing the Lemo 2 hype, but it's not a big deal. Just wanted to put a little balance out there.
Yep I have 1 Lemo2 and 5 Subtank Minis if that tells you anything ;)

domitron

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Got the Youde Bellus RTA and am very pleased with it. It is superior in vapor production efficiency, taste, and just about every other way than the Subbox Mini and Lemo 2. It produces more vapor per watt than the Subbox even with one coil (so I don't bother with both coils even, although I tried it). The tank is a solid true 5ml. The juice channels are much better than either of the other units as well, and you can go with 70%/30 VG/PG chain vaping and not get a dry hit. Oh and by the way, it's cheaper than any of the other units too. Check it out.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In the US the Bellus is about 1 dollar cheaper than I paid for my STM's. Actually I got most of them for 23.99 with a 20% off coupon from Vaporbeast.
Might try a Bellus though.
Looks pretty good.

domitron

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
In the US the Bellus is about 1 dollar cheaper than I paid for my STM's. Actually I got most of them for 23.99 with a 20% off coupon from Vaporbeast.
Might try a Bellus though.
Looks pretty good.

Yeah I think you might like it, especially if you like the Subox. It's comparable to the Subox, except I like the juice channels a little better. And the larger tank is pretty cool. When you top fill, you best close the air holes, though, especially if you are running thinner juices.

You probably are not using enough cotton on the Lemo 2. I love it. It never leaks on me, even when I leave it sideaways on the car.

Reactions: HRC

domitron

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thought I'd add a bit here with my continued experience with the Youde. I managed to lose the metal piece that goes above the silicone for the single-coil configuration. Not sure how that happened, but honestly, it's ridiculously small and easy to lose. It seems to work without it. Ironically I also lost the screw to one of my two subox minis because, again, it's ridiculously easy to do.

Another complaint I have with the Youde is that when I close the air holes, fill it, and then reopen the air holes, I lose about 1/2ml of e-fluid out the air holes before the pressure equalizes. Last complaint is that you need to unscrew the entire head to really rewick whereas with the Subox you don't (also the Subox was, in my opinion, almost easier to fill than the top fill since when you unscrew the head you have a HUGE hole in a sense).

So the Youde is not exactly perfect, but it's a great value still. Of course I was really excited by the Youde when I first got it, but I'd say it roughly ties the Subox in overall performance when all is considered, unless you want a two coil device (then the Youde has it and the Subox doesn't).

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You probably are not using enough cotton on the Lemo 2. I love it. It never leaks on me, even when I leave it sideaways on the car.
My Lemo2 has never leaked. Just kind of meh on it though.

domitron

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My Lemo2 has never leaked. Just kind of meh on it though.

Part of the problem with these heads is that they don't come with detailed instructions how to rewick them or rebuild them. Almost everyone says "this head leaks like crazy" with someone else saying "this head never leaked once on me". And you know I think both people are probably telling the truth, but the details are missing. How did you wick it? How many turns on your coil? What is the gauge of the coil material? What coil material? What cotton did you use? What viscosity of fluid? It's really very unscientific out there, so I don't doubt the Lemo2, Subox, or Youde don't leak provided you wick them a certain way and use a certain coil filling with a certain fluid. If you found what makes your head work somehow or somewhere, we should all share it. Heck I'd love to see a forum dedicated to this in fact. Then maybe we can all use the heads without tissues of e-fluid being thrown out all the time. Sounds great to me at least!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wick mine using the bunny ears method
Put wick thru coil, pull wicks up and slide coil chamber down over them. Then cut wicks hust above top of coil chamber. Then carefully poke wicks down to bottom on each side with tweezers or dental pick.

VU Sponsors