MVP 20W and hobo clone

montijo505

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well guys I purchased an MVP 20W a couple of weeks ago and just received a hobo clone as my first rba. Can I run the hobo on my MVP and if so what coils would be best? Single I imagine? And at about what ohm's? I have 28g kanthal. I will be purchasing an IPV mini 2 but not quite yet so wanted to know if I can run the MVP for now, thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The MVP 20 watt has a minimum resistance of 1.0Ω... the 28 will be fine as a single coil build - if you do dual parallels with 28 at 1.0Ω, the heat flux will be cold... below 100 mW/mm2.

If you want to do duals with a adequate heat flux (178 mW/mm2 and warmer)... you'll need 30 gauge minimum, with 31 or 32 gauge being preferable, as it allows you a broader range of temperatures.

The only down side to thinner wire is that it can be more difficult to manipulate... and has a shorter useable life, due to the (Kanthal A1) thinner alumina layer being depleted at higher radiant temperatures.

If you don't have the slightest clue of what I'm talking about, click on the first two sigline hyperlinks below... knowledge is power.
yes.gif

Last edited:

montijo505

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I found steam engine last night and built a single micro coil at 1.0 and it vapes good! maybe a little cool but the flavor is way better than all the tanks ive used before!

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I found steam engine last night and built a single micro coil at 1.0 maybe a little cool
That's where understanding and using heat flux can help you get the performance you want.

Cheers

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Congrats on the mvp 20 watt...had mine about 2 weeks as well....they are great for 1.5 and up clearomizers...Just put a 16.5mm emow on mine and its a perfect fit.

To vape at its limit (1.0ohm) is really going to push the battery to its limits however...Some report it will fire down to .8ohm but again your pushing limits even farther...Battery life wouldnt be so great at this point.

Try a single 30g 1.5 ohm and see how you like it...with the air flow you get from an rda it should far exceed what most tanks produce vapor wise and not push your battery into a short life span.

If youre wanting more than say maybe 1.2 ohm and still keep a good battery life you really need more power..30 watts is good for a .4 ohm build but thats its limit...so now building at 1.0 maybe .9 ohm will give you great battery life with it.

Took me a while to understand the need for so much power and im finally getting its better to have more power than you need to vape where you like it to maintain good battery life between charges and battery life span in general.

Last edited:

montijo505

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Congrats on the mvp 20 watt...had mine about 2 weeks as well....they are great for 1.5 and up clearomizers...Just put a 16.5mm emow on mine and its a perfect fit.

To vape at its limit (1.0ohm) is really going to push the battery to its limits however...Some report it will fire down to .8ohm but again your pushing limits even farther...Battery life wouldnt be so great at this point.

Try a single 30g 1.5 ohm and see how you like it...with the air flow you get from an rda it should far exceed what most tanks produce vapor wise and not push your battery into a short life span.

If youre wanting more than say maybe 1.2 ohm and still keep a good battery life you really need more power..30 watts is good for a .4 ohm build but thats its limit...so now building at 1.0 maybe .9 ohm will give you great battery life with it.

Took me a while to understand the need for so much power and im finally getting its better to have more power than you need to vape where you like it to maintain good battery life between charges and battery life span in general.

Yeah i might try to build a 1.4 or 1.5 ohm coil and see how that works because it does die rather quickly. As soon as I get funds im gonna get either an IPV mini 2 or a SMOKtech M50 that run off an 18650 so im not pushing anything close to their limit. Im leaning towards the SMOKtech, the ability to use it as a mech or regulated is interesting!

VU Sponsors