Become a Patron!

Mutation v4 twisted wire build

IAmRob

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey guys this is my first twisted wire build, hand twisted the wire with two pairs of pliers. It's sitting at .52 ohms, and is 2 strands 28 gauge kanthal with 6 wraps. Let me know how I did.

ff72de1edd11b26d439dd277ad8e53cc.jpg

8a41b05ed8d6bebd641b642fb13b14b2.jpg

9f03494c2a9e1cb8919add32d830fcbb.jpg

e14c63f200fdb2fc05d126b0e0b7c905.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For a hand-twist that is great!
Have you considered a video for those who may not have access to a drill?

IAmRob

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I honestly have not, but I would definitely consider it.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haha, wow, really not bad for by hand. Can't say I've ever seen it done with just pliers before. It looks a lot closer to a dual-parallel than a dual-twisted, though.

I used to do the pen trick when I didn't have a drill. It gives you tighter wraps than that, but it's pretty inconsistent, so I would always twist up enough for 3 coils if I was building 2, just to figure out the general resistance range of it.

I learned it from this guy. Completely disagree that the wire you get this way is as good as it gets, let alone so perfectly even as he describes it. A drill can make it much tighter and more consistent if everything is straightened and centered from the get-go. It does work pretty well if all you've got is a pen and a pair of pliers... ...or another pen or a screwdriver or something, though.

And just out of curiosity, have you tried centering on the v4? I ask because I just got one and I'm curious about the airflow with it set up off-center, since I've been closing off a row on the side, anyway.

Last edited:

VapeLikeALady

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
93af6622ee626dfbe25a424486a0426f.jpg

I center mine and it was my favorite RDA for a long time. I close off the top airflow and leave the bottom open. Flavor is incredible and vapor isn't bad. I just took my build out to redo it or I would have taken a pic. I went to a new shop this past weekend and the owner told me it was the cleanest centered build he'd ever seen a girl do. I'm not sure that was a fantastic compliment but whatever. Haha

IAmRob

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I love all the airflow open on mine, something about being able to breathe in normally and exhale a cloud of vapor feels very natural. But I honestly didn't think much of the twisted wire, thanks for the kind words! I suppose I could do more twists to get it even tighter, as I didn't know what I was working towards in terms of tightness. Kinda just winged it lol.

VU Sponsors