Become a Patron!

MTL RTA's on mechs

R.Savage

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been looking at my Mtl collection . They do have protruding pins . I have the Ares, the Berserker, Berkerker mini, the Siren 2. I am a bit apprehensive on trying them in my mechs. I do have a tug v3 and a dragon mod (hybrid connection) what are your thoughts. Especially if you own these atomizers.

Currently I am only running RDA such as the Goon 22 and the m41 on my mechs.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have been looking at my Mtl collection . They do have protruding pins . I have the Ares, the Berserker, Berkerker mini, the Siren 2. I am a bit apprehensive on trying them in my mechs. I do have a tug v3 and a dragon mod (hybrid connection) what are your thoughts. Especially if you own these atomizers.

Currently I am only running RDA such as the Goon 22 and the m41 on my mechs.

They should be ok as long as the positive pin does stick out and it is fixed in place. Some of the factory coil sub-ohm tanks have spring loaded positive pins and those are a no go.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Should be fine on any mech that if you look down the 510 hole you cannot see the top of the battery.

MAY be ok on the hybrid like mods where the atty 510 directly touches the top of the battery.
As Gopher Byrd said if the atty 510 is fixed and protrudes nicely.
I would not trust any factory coil atty on a hybrid style mech. And they can be iffy on a non hybrid mech as the rubber grommet in the base of the coil can get pinched and short out the atty.

One main rule of mechs. If you atty is not firing right do NOT keep on trying to get it to fire, figure out why it is not firing.
It could be a short and if so you could be building up to a 'blow yer face off' event if you keep trying to get it to fire with a shorted atty.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
99% of the time I only use mech mods anymore. Personally I would never use any atty other than an RDA on a hybrid mech mod. That's obviously just my opinion.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also get peeved with hybrid 'caps' and flat-tops: I usually need to chuck a thin neomag on top of the pos-end of a flattop, so it reaches, (for example), my Aromamizer v1 pin.

R.Savage

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah thanks guys. The pins do protrude here is a pic on the mtl rta pins.

The ares is the only one I am really hesitant about as you can see the pins on my MTL RTA's

Hopefully the photos are good to show the protrusion.
f4ffd9cd77bf46d33dabf8788841242c.jpg
cfb2bb9fc28b741e7d0578ffbe3d1bdc.jpg
718ad04ca5fab2fb35d308da3af87174.jpg
8ecbb116ac36cfee1e231a5af7c4693c.jpg

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I definitely wouldn't use the Ares based on the picture. The other two, I not too keen on the mangled looking positive pins.

VU Sponsors