Become a Patron!

Moving over from "you know where"

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey all

Short version: I've had it with ECF and want to find a new - and much, much less autocratic - home. Cannot stand what that place has turned into - and I'm about an inch from getting banned anyway.

Was Rickajho over there. Forum name here? An obvious knee-jerk reaction to being pissed off with ECF.

And wow - lot's of familiar names here. Hardly any break-in required. :wave: Found you AndriaD! Hi Roxy! And...

So... do I rant and vent over what happened to me at ECF here? Or take it to the mud pit? (It is so stupid. And I am so pissed...) :headbang:

Rick

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I remember you! Welcome to VU. You can vent, no worries, but if you wanna rave, too, there are several threads in the Mud Pit already you're welcome to share in, LMAO. Not that you can't, anywhere else, but you'll see others share the same frustration.

If you decide your "knee jerk" name doesn't appeal to you, you'll find a link in your profile selections where you can request a change. Some prefer to remain anonymous, others just don't care. Most all of us relate. I much prefer it here, from the beginning, knew almost everyone when I got here, too, and still seeing familiar names come over.

Glad to have ya Rickajho! And if memory serves, the little pooch you used to have in your avatar, too.

Have fun :)

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hey all

Short version: I've had it with ECF and want to find a new - and much, much less autocratic - home. Cannot stand what that place has turned into - and I'm about an inch from getting banned anyway.

Was Rickajho over there. Forum name here? An obvious knee-jerk reaction to being pissed off with ECF.

And wow - lot's of familiar names here. Hardly any break-in required. :wave: Found you AndriaD! Hi Roxy! And...

So... do I rant and vent over what happened to me at ECF here? Or take it to the mud pit? (It is so stupid. And I am so pissed...) :headbang:

Rick

Welcome!

I love a good rant, so please feel free to vent your spleen on this thread :giggle:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey all

Rick

Hey you! I wondered if we'd ever see you over here. Glad you finally made it! Come and join us in the ECF Refugee thread, where we'll happily tell you to GFY every day. :D Just because WE CAN. ;)

Andria

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Thank y'all. Yep - that's me HB, Gromit and everything. lol I dunno about the name - or the avatar here for that matter - maybe I'll ask you to change it to Rickajho just to make the point. Despite being an member at ECF since 04/11 I'm beyond caring what happens there at this point.

You know what it is that is sending a very specific moderator - cough cough Administrator - off the rails over there? Go on - guess. It's right here in this very post. Actually, every post I'm doing here right now. (Not being an ass - I promise I won't keep you in suspense.)

Can you have any possible clue what is in my posts here that would send a nazi moderator over the edge there, lead me to dragging in the site owner, and is heading toward a ban over the issue?

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey you! I wondered if we'd ever see you over here. Glad you finally made it! Come and join us in the ECF Refugee thread, where we'll happily tell you to GFY every day. :D Just because WE CAN. ;)

Andria

Yay! Andria! I was wondering why you volunatrily left. (I tried to get hold of you at FB but I'm not a FB fan so...) We both had a run-in over the same issue, except I'm escalating it. I cannot abide arbitrary "just because I said so" bullshit.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thank y'all. Yep - that's me HB, Gromit and everything. lol I dunno about the name - or the avatar here for that matter - maybe I'll ask you to change it to Rickajho just to make the point. Despite being an member at ECF since 04/11 I'm beyond caring what happens there at this point.

You know what it is that is sending a very specific moderator - cough cough Administrator - off the rails over there? Go on - guess. It's right here in this very post. Actually, every post I'm doing here right now. (Not being an ass - I promise I won't keep you in suspense.)

Can you have any possible clue what is in my posts here that would send a nazi moderator over the edge there, lead me to dragging in the site owner, and is heading toward a ban over the issue?

Criticizing their moderation? Oooooh they really hate that. :D

I would bet money it's Retarded1. Just cuz he's a total fuckhead.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yay! Andria! I was wondering why you volunatrily left. We both had a run-in over the same issue, except I'm escalating it. I cannot abide arbitrary "just because I said so" bullshit.

He likes to make shit up, and then if you complain about it, he insults you. Yep, been there, done that, cursed him roundly, got over it, and now having a blast at a really great forum. Sure, there's idiots and buttheads here too, but here, you can tell them they're an idiot and/or a butthead, and nobody cares. Isn't Freedom of Speech WONDERFUL?!?!?!?!?!

:giggle:
Andria

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
My internet service is being nothing but a PITA tonight. I'll fill you in on the rant tomorrow. Andria - no - it's about clAsswife and it's the most asinine control freak issue I have ever seen in the annals of forum moderation. (I have no reason to doubt why their actual member log-ons there are so abysmally low at this point. 230 members logged in is "big" evening traffic these days. On the overnight - for an "international" forum - it may be as low as 53 or so.)

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome refugee.....:vino:

I know you and I know where you been! :wave: Seriously - trying to hold out on a Chowder thing and I'm in the middle of a coop right now. The only two reasons for hanging on at the moment. But I did make sure they both have my full contact info should the fit hit the shan.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My internet service is being nothing but a PITA tonight. I'll fill you in on the rant tomorrow. Andria - no - it's about clAsswife and it's the most asinine control freak issue I have ever seen in the annals of forum moderation. (I have no reason to doubt why their actual member log-ons there are so abysmally low at this point. 230 members logged in is "big" evening traffic these days. On the overnight - for an "international" forum - it may be as low as 53 or so.)

Yeah, classless is another nanny fascist. Gotta be the most humorless, personalityless asshole on the entire internet... except maybe retarded1.

I'm really glad to be free of both their joyless asses, and they can both fuck off and die.

Andria

DIYjim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Personally, I am going to ECF less and less; There seems to be FAR less "snootiness" here- seems more down to earth. Oh, and the rules just SUCK there, too. :crazy:

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey all

Rick
Hi and welcome! Isn't it really nice being able say things you mean?;)

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Welcome to the VU and land of the 'free to speak your mind':) Lots of us former ECF ppl here (I left back around 2010). Glad you found the place :cheers:

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome-Dragon.gif

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok, this is how fucking nazi-crazy moderation can get at ECF.

So... what's the big deal? That quit smoking banner down there in my signature.

Wha you ask? What's the thing that would send a moderator off the rails about this:

1312101000_1.42_20_USD_4.2_dark.png

It contains 2,800 too many pixels.

And a moderation war was thus reigned down on my ass. I kid you not. (@AndriaD this one should sound familiar...)

Just to make sure this is perfectly clear, here's the whole damned story:

ECF has a forum rule that a sig banner can be no larger than 400 x 65 pixels. Why? Who knows - that rule was made up in 2009. That banner there is 480 x 60 pixels. 2,800 too many pixels will get you all sorts of nasty messages about infractions, rule reminders and even modifications to both your account info and your account settings.

That banner had been used on ECF for years - no issues. For a short while the site generating it decided to insert ad logos into the banner - all of a sudden we were all pimping Zamplebox if that banner was in our profile. ECF, rightly so, blocked the banner at the URL level.

SinceMyLastCigarette.com saw the error of their ways and stopped putting ad logos on the quit smoking banner. I asked "the powers that be" if it could now be unblocked. It was reviewed and - tada! - Returd1 of all people decided to unblock it.

Within a month clAsswife sent me a Rule Violation notice and told me to remove the banner from my profile because it was too large. WTF?

clAsswife has been on a hit and miss mission to issue rule infraction notices on a member by member basis for people using that quit smoking banner ever since. She issues a rule reminder. If you don't remove the banner she removes it from your profile herself- and issues a rule violation warning. If you put the banner back up the cycle repeats. You would think moderators have better things to do but...

Now several points were made via convo messages:

1.) If this was such a huge problem and was going to break the internet or something... then why not just block the damned banner at the URL level - just like they did before? Seems that would be easier, than chasing down members one at a time citing a rule violation.

Response? "A rule is a rule. :)"

2.) WHY is it I see so many accounts using that banner, but it appears to be a more personal issue because I keep getting told to remove it?

Told "Well those are violations too. And if I was a good member I would be reporting those members for violating forum rules."

3.) As a Supporting Member - you know, someone who PAYS GOOD MONEY to keep that place running one of your perks is you can have Two Sig Banners! Whee!

I pointed out that I was only using one banner. And it obviously takes up a lot less space than two. What's the problem?

No response.

4.) If this is such a huge problem why don't you just resize signature images, the same way you do with avatars. Make it the same for everyone.

No response.

5.) I asked for someone with technical expertise to review the rule, since a lot has changed in the computer world when that rule was created seven years ago. Why 400 x 65 pixels? Why does that even matter in 2016?

No response.

6.) Pointed out that if this rule was of such critical importance then enforce it across the board, as both these banners are beyond the stated rule maximum banner size:

9974739e5e33027c7244f0b4518d5a2d.jpg

499815b08b9a1e2225214435cca6d820.jpg

7.) Pointed out that the rule and it's enforcement seems to be arbitrary, as a lot of members have run-on text signatures that take up a lot more space than a 480 x 60 banner. Like - compare and contrast if you will - this one:

sig.JPG

You can see there is a valid point to be questioned here if push is going to come to shove. And I'm getting really pushed. But - no response.

Oh - I did get a response. I was told to by clAsswife to quit being so bitchy, and they get to decide if a rule is violated or not. Even though in this case what keeps getting cited - repeatedly - are two hard, factual numbers: maximum banner size is 400 x 65 pixels.

I effing lost it at that point. I PM'd Oliver - cough, cough the owner formerly known as Smokey Joe - briefly explained the situation, and asked if I could include him in the conversation with clAsswife. He said "sure" - hadn't looked at signature issues in a long time.

No response.

Then someone - presumably clAsswife - actually removed the option from my account to have any signature.

Y'all do realize how asinine this looks? All this rules crap and enforcement and chasing down members one case at a time, by someone being a bitch, about this many excess pixels:

sig fuck you.jpg

in - of all things - a quit smoking banner.

So if you are really into rules, rules being enforced in an arbitrary manner, and rules that apply to you but don't apply to the moderators who go all nazi-ass to enforce them, then ECF will just punch you right in your happy place. But if you can't take bullshit like this sooner or later you will have to move yourself on to maintain any sense of self respect. Or sanity.

This may go down as the longest rant, over the most asinine moderation issue, ever encountered on ECF. But hey - if you feel compelled to chase off members of 5 years good standing... this is the kind of crap certain people in charge at ECF can and will latch on to accomplish it.

I'm leaving ECF behind - because of this level of moderation douchebaggery - over a quit smoking banner.

Sorry - I told you with was going to be a tldr. But I just wanted to make it perfectly clear where the priorities lay over that at ECF. :headbang:

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well... you know, I got suspended for using the word "herbs." NOT the singular, which we all know what THAT is, but the plural, as in, cooking, health supplements, etc. And then when I complained via the Contact Me link, Retarded1 was very insulting, informing me that I "wasn't fooling anyone."

As stupid as that suspension was, I'd have taken it gracefully and shown up again in 3 days... if he hadn't felt the need to INSULT me. At that point, I said "fuckitol" and read some books for a few days, figuring out what I wanted to do. Ended up coming here, since I remembered having established an acct here when it first opened, June 2014. Best decision I've made since 1) deciding to switch to vaping, and 2) deciding to get some WTA so I didn't have a SECOND relapse. :)

Andria

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Andria I know you got slammed with a rule violation notice for using the same banner. How effing stupid is that? How pointless is it? They could easily fix this by doing one of two things: Block the damned banner at the URL level so no one can use it. Or - god forbid - constrain the size of any images used in signatures by anyone. But no - a moderator apparently needs a "good" reason to justify their existence on ECF so let's just dick around instead.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Andria I know you got slammed with a rule violation notice for using the same banner. How effing stupid is that? How pointless is it? They could easily fix this by doing one of two things: Block the damned banner at the URL level so no one can use it. Or - god forbid - constrain the size of any images used in signatures by anyone. But no - a moderator apparently needs a "good" reason to justify their existence on ECF so let's just dick around instead.

To be honest, I have to say that although it was classless, she only gave me a rule reminder, and when I questioned it, she was actually halfway human about it, though you're right, it's utterly arbitrary and nonsensical, just petty bullshit. I saw no reason to become upset about it, and started using the smaller version of that same one I use now, the text-only version.

I was more incensed about a rule reminder she gave me just a few days before I was suspended, when I posted the "troll radar" image when some dipshit posted some bullshit about vaping being bad for your teeth -- what really steamed me about it was that a lot of others in that thread were *implying* the same thing, "troll here", but because I came right out and said it with an amusing image, she deleted the post and gave me the rule reminder. She was also really ugly in her msg to me about it.

So when retarded1 suspended me a few days later, it seemed to me that the moderators were all just LOOKING for some reason to suspend or ban me -- the post he objected to, in which I used the word "herbs," had been posted 3 WEEKS previously. :rolleyes:

Andria

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
So when retarded1 suspended me a few days later, it seemed to me that the moderators were all just LOOKING for some reason to suspend or ban me -- the post he objected to, in which I used the word "herbs," had been posted 3 WEEKS previously.
Andria

Cheezwhiz...

This model of "just because we can" moderation - and I'm struggling with the very notion of calling it "moderation" - is just what has killed off more than one formerly good forum. Those who don't learn from the past...

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've been acquainted with stupid shit like this since about 1989... on an amateur BBS in the Pontiac, MI area. It was meant to be a fairly "family oriented" BBS, but in one msg thread, there had been a lot of double entendres, and we got going about this particular member having a "post". :D It was very PG stuff, but the next morning, a Sunday, these super-xtian-freak BBS operators took the entire BBS down and posted a plaque to the effect that since people had been polluting their family-oriented BBS with drunken smut, the BBS would cease to exist. :rolleyes: Well there were probably 20 other single-line BBS's that we could call and msg each other on, but it was just stupid puritan censorship of something that was really very tame.

Oh, and I got banned from CompuServ for criticising their censorship. :giggle:

Andria

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Pretty sure I am going to ask - nay, I say demand - to have my account closed. Becuz having your title changed to "Account Closed on Request" means something different than "Moved On".

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Roxy never could get them to close hers.

Andria

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I've been acquainted with stupid shit like this since about 1989... on an amateur BBS in the Pontiac, MI area. It was meant to be a fairly "family oriented" BBS, but in one msg thread, there had been a lot of double entendres, and we got going about this particular member having a "post". :D It was very PG stuff, but the next morning, a Sunday, these super-xtian-freak BBS operators took the entire BBS down and posted a plaque to the effect that since people had been polluting their family-oriented BBS with drunken smut, the BBS would cease to exist. :rolleyes: Well there were probably 20 other single-line BBS's that we could call and msg each other on, but it was just stupid puritan censorship of something that was really very tame.

The "take your ball away and go home" method. And who actually "won" in that case? :facepalm:

I'm waiting for the day when the ECF moderators start issuing rule violations against each other, 'cause they ran out of alternatives.

Oh, and I got banned from CompuServ for criticising their censorship. :giggle:

Andria

Lol - I didn't even know that was a possibility. :giggle:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The "take your ball away and go home" method. And who actually "won" in that case? :facepalm:

Actually... I did. It gave me the kick in the ass to set up my OWN BBS; I had already been studying up on DOS, batchfiles, and serial com. So I said, fuck this noise, created Carmilla's Crypt... and barely got my nose out of a computer monitor or DOS book or BBS-software manual (printed out on my 8-pin dot matrix printer!) for about the next 5 yrs. :D It was only when everyone started yammering about "newsgroups" circa 1994 that I got out of all that shit, not having the first damn clue was a newsgroup was. Took about another 5 yrs hiatus from computer-techie shit, until one day in 1999, at a friend's house, I saw the internet for the first time... and that night, announced to my husband that I HAD to have a new computer and modem capable of connecting to said internet. :D He's so wonderful; we went right out and bought it. :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
WTF? She is titled as a "Supplier Associate"...?

Yeah, and she's not any kind of supplier or vendor; she just consulted with Augvape, gratis, on the design of the Boreas and Merlin, maybe others too.

Andria

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Psss... Hey, Andria... Look over there...

<~<~<~ Name change just went into effect. AND I DON'T GIVE A RAT'S ARSE IF ECF MODS KNOW I'M OVER HERE NOW!!!

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
LOL, the fact that you posted her banner with our name in there made me LOL:giggle:
I ain't rampin up shit , just laughing at it

No no no! Not you silly! I was talking about clAsswife and her need to make this dumbass banner issue the thing of utmost importance ever in ECF rules enforcement.

The VU imprint on the image was just a happy accident regarding what this site does to images when you use the Upload a File option.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok, this is how fucking nazi-crazy moderation can get at ECF.

So... what's the big deal? That quit smoking banner down there in my signature.

Wha you ask? What's the thing that would send a moderator off the rails about this:

1312101000_1.42_20_USD_4.2_dark.png

It contains 2,800 too many pixels.

And a moderation war was thus reigned down on my ass. I kid you not. (@AndriaD this one should sound familiar...)

Just to make sure this is perfectly clear, here's the whole damned story:

ECF has a forum rule that a sig banner can be no larger than 400 x 65 pixels. Why? Who knows - that rule was made up in 2009. That banner there is 480 x 60 pixels. 2,800 too many pixels will get you all sorts of nasty messages about infractions, rule reminders and even modifications to both your account info and your account settings.

That banner had been used on ECF for years - no issues. For a short while the site generating it decided to insert ad logos into the banner - all of a sudden we were all pimping Zamplebox if that banner was in our profile. ECF, rightly so, blocked the banner at the URL level.

SinceMyLastCigarette.com saw the error of their ways and stopped putting ad logos on the quit smoking banner. I asked "the powers that be" if it could now be unblocked. It was reviewed and - tada! - Returd1 of all people decided to unblock it.

Within a month clAsswife sent me a Rule Violation notice and told me to remove the banner from my profile because it was too large. WTF?

clAsswife has been on a hit and miss mission to issue rule infraction notices on a member by member basis for people using that quit smoking banner ever since. She issues a rule reminder. If you don't remove the banner she removes it from your profile herself- and issues a rule violation warning. If you put the banner back up the cycle repeats. You would think moderators have better things to do but...

Now several points were made via convo messages:

1.) If this was such a huge problem and was going to break the internet or something... then why not just block the damned banner at the URL level - just like they did before? Seems that would be easier, than chasing down members one at a time citing a rule violation.

Response? "A rule is a rule. :)"

2.) WHY is it I see so many accounts using that banner, but it appears to be a more personal issue because I keep getting told to remove it?

Told "Well those are violations too. And if I was a good member I would be reporting those members for violating forum rules."

3.) As a Supporting Member - you know, someone who PAYS GOOD MONEY to keep that place running one of your perks is you can have Two Sig Banners! Whee!

I pointed out that I was only using one banner. And it obviously takes up a lot less space than two. What's the problem?

No response.

4.) If this is such a huge problem why don't you just resize signature images, the same way you do with avatars. Make it the same for everyone.

No response.

5.) I asked for someone with technical expertise to review the rule, since a lot has changed in the computer world when that rule was created seven years ago. Why 400 x 65 pixels? Why does that even matter in 2016?

No response.

6.) Pointed out that if this rule was of such critical importance then enforce it across the board, as both these banners are beyond the stated rule maximum banner size:

9974739e5e33027c7244f0b4518d5a2d.jpg

499815b08b9a1e2225214435cca6d820.jpg

7.) Pointed out that the rule and it's enforcement seems to be arbitrary, as a lot of members have run-on text signatures that take up a lot more space than a 480 x 60 banner. Like - compare and contrast if you will - this one:

You can see there is a valid point to be questioned here if push is going to come to shove. And I'm getting really pushed. But - no response.

Oh - I did get a response. I was told to by clAsswife to quit being so bitchy, and they get to decide if a rule is violated or not. Even though in this case what keeps getting cited - repeatedly - are two hard, factual numbers: maximum banner size is 400 x 65 pixels.

I effing lost it at that point. I PM'd Oliver - cough, cough the owner formerly known as Smokey Joe - briefly explained the situation, and asked if I could include him in the conversation with clAsswife. He said "sure" - hadn't looked at signature issues in a long time.

No response.

Then someone - presumably clAsswife - actually removed the option from my account to have any signature.

Y'all do realize how asinine this looks? All this rules crap and enforcement and chasing down members one case at a time, by someone being a bitch, about this many excess pixels:

in - of all things - a quit smoking banner.

So if you are really into rules, rules being enforced in an arbitrary manner, and rules that apply to you but don't apply to the moderators who go all nazi-ass to enforce them, then ECF will just punch you right in your happy place. But if you can't take bullshit like this sooner or later you will have to move yourself on to maintain any sense of self respect. Or sanity.

This may go down as the longest rant, over the most asinine moderation issue, ever encountered on ECF. But hey - if you feel compelled to chase off members of 5 years good standing... this is the kind of crap certain people in charge at ECF can and will latch on to accomplish it.

I'm leaving ECF behind - because of this level of moderation douchebaggery - over a quit smoking banner.

Sorry - I told you with was going to be a tldr. But I just wanted to make it perfectly clear where the priorities lay over that at ECF. :headbang:
Love whose signature you chose to use as an example.:D
It occurs to me that I was "remided" of the same rule, for the same banner. While I thought it was bullshit, since others were using it, I got rid of the banner. Perhaps I should start using it again over there.:)

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Love whose signature you chose to use as an example.:D
It occurs to me that I was "remided" of the same rule, for the same banner. While I thought it was bullshit, since others were using it, I got rid of the banner. Perhaps I should start using it again over there.:)

This has been going back and forth with her for two fucking years. And as you rightfully noticed - a LOT of other people, active posters - are still using that banner. So it becomes very difficult to not interpret the selective rule enforcement as anything but personal.

I had to use her signature as the "compare & contrast" - since she is the only one banging on about this rule. And it does go to the fact that the rules aren't uniform. I'm told I can't use that banner, because it would give the impression that people could use a banner even larger than that. But when you look at the fucking "don't do as I do, do as I say" banner space some of these moderators get away with it smacks of a blatant double standard regarding their "higher standards" anal compulsive rules and who must "obey or else" - and who clearly doesn't have to.

As dumbass as this all is, if you are going to back me in a corner and expect me to agree that 2+2 = 5 you sure as hell are going to get back a "healthy discussion" about that.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Psss... Hey, Andria... Look over there...

<~<~<~ Name change just went into effect. AND I DON'T GIVE A RAT'S ARSE IF ECF MODS KNOW I'M OVER HERE NOW!!!

Actually I saw it when it first changed -- glad to see a name I recognize. :D And I've never given a rat's ass if they know I'm here -- I mean, ANYWHERE but there!!! :D

Andria

DoctorJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hey all

Short version: I've had it with ECF and want to find a new - and much, much less autocratic - home. Cannot stand what that place has turned into - and I'm about an inch from getting banned anyway. So... do I rant and vent over what happened to me at ECF here? Or take it to the mud pit? (It is so stupid. And I am so pissed...) :headbang:

Rick

I hear ya about ECF. I finally let them all have it and pretty much told them to go fuck themselves and just got a warning. OK, that just pissed me off more so I posted a few memes with not so nice language and finally did get banned, which I was trying to do anyway LOL.

I love it here and enjoy the more laid back atmosphere and a more tolerant attitude of the mods and members. I've vented a few times and never got warned, but then again, I never really had any reason to get to mad when a few members gave encouraging words instead of telling me how wrong I was and I'd better tone it down.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
You said this a while back, and it's exactly how I would describe my current experience too:

You know... I never really had much of a problem with their silly ass censorship, though I did always wonder why it was so fucking important to use "family friendly" language in a place that's for 18+ and ENFORCED to be 18+... but the biggest problem is their totally fascist refusal to ever permit anyone to say one fucking word about their moderators, or raise any questions about the unfairness of that moderation. There is absolutely zero recourse to anything the moderators take a notion to do, and that is just plain NOT FAIR. Moderators are human beings and thus quite prone to the usual idiocy and bias of any other human being, and to allow them to just run roughshod over everyone, all the time, willy-nilly... it's just plain EVIL.
Andria

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi Andria!

Well even though I don't consider myself a ECF refugee because I can still go there, I DON'T!

I was on another new forum that some ECF'ers created (I forget the name) and I was accused of being a troll and banned permanently!

Me a troll, me trolling anyone...shit....that's a fucking laugh!

I told them to go play George Carlins game "Go play hide and go fuck yourself"....:shades:

This why I really don't give 2 shits about ECF or any childish game play!

I have been vaping for over 8 years, I need no support groups, "D" all of the above!

I have a two MS degrees and BS and I know what I'm talking about when it comes to electricity, chemistry and host of other shit no one cares about, including myself; but I have the up most respect from my work associates because they all know I will readily admit when I do not know something, and quite often I say "I don't know"!

I just go tired of the bullshit, I have an off the wall sense of humor, and I don't mind sharing funny shit!

ECF is a "family" environment, horse shit, you shouldn't be on ECF if you are under 18 or whatever the allowable age is in whatever countries they allow!

Not to mention that Europe is a whole lot less caring about profanity or nudity, even on mainstream network TV!

So I'm done with ECF. I have too many other things that demand my time besides a bunch of childish ass hats playing god in a forum!

Just my 2 cents worth! :deadhorse:

Best,

Larry aka ItTechy

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Man, that sounds like the Blips, but they scooted off from here. Actually, they were from ECF at one point, too.

Right now I cannot remember the forum' name, but they were a bunch of peeps from ECF, but obviously have their heads up their asses!

I'll think of it sooner or later, one of the advantages of getting older, you don't forget anything; the human brain is like a computer HD it actually only has so much room, especially for important shit, and we, like a PC simply discard shit that is no longer relevant. LOL! :cheers:

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi Andria!

Well even though I don't consider myself a ECF refugee because I can still go there, I DON'T!

I was on another new forum that some ECF'ers created (I forget the name) and I was accused of being a troll and banned permanently!

Me a troll, me trolling anyone...shit....that's a fucking laugh!

I told them to go play George Carlins game "Go play hide and go fuck yourself"....:shades:

This why I really don't give 2 shits about ECF or any childish game play!

I have been vaping for over 8 years, I need no support groups, "D" all of the above!

I have a two MS degrees and BS and I know what I'm talking about when it comes to electricity, chemistry and host of other shit no one cares about, including myself; but I have the up most respect from my work associates because they all know I will readily admit when I do not know something, and quite often I say "I don't know"!

I just go tired of the bullshit, I have an off the wall sense of humor, and I don't mind sharing funny shit!

ECF is a "family" environment, horse shit, you shouldn't be on ECF if you are under 18 or whatever the allowable age is in whatever countries they allow!

Not to mention that Europe is a whole lot less caring about profanity or nudity, even on mainstream network TV!

So I'm done with ECF. I have too many other things that demand my time besides a bunch of childish ass hats playing god in a forum!

Just my 2 cents worth! :deadhorse:

Best,

Larry aka ItTechy
Utmost ;)

:D grammar Nazi strikes again :D

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Right now I cannot remember the forum' name, but they were a bunch of peeps from ECF, but obviously have their heads up their asses!

I'll think of it sooner or later, one of the advantages of getting older, you don't forget anything; the human brain is like a computer HD it actually only has so much room, especially for important shit, and we, like a PC simply discard shit that is no longer relevant. LOL! :cheers:

Might that have been nu-vapor.com? It doesn't exist any more...

VU Sponsors