Become a Patron!

Mouth ulcers with vaping

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Without being too descriptive I've managed to give myself an ulcer/canker sore in my cheek, and obviously everytime I vape the pg and nicotine hurt like hell. My real question is will vaping make it worse since it dries out your mouth? The pain is okay because I need my nic fix as long as I'm not making it alot worse, and should I try to stay away from certain kinds of juices?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Without being too descriptive I've managed to give myself an ulcer/canker sore in my cheek, and obviously everytime I vape the pg and nicotine hurt like hell. My real question is will vaping make it worse since it dries out your mouth? The pain is okay because I need my nic fix as long as I'm not making it alot worse, and should I try to stay away from certain kinds of juices?
Rinse your mouth with Camomile tea! It's a natural anti inflammatory.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Salt water is old school and you are pretty young! Cheers for that one! :cheers:

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
mouth ulcers and sores are a fairly common complaint among people allergic to PG.
I can't say it's common for me at all, I love spicy and acidic foods so the once a year or so ulcer is expected, unless I've very quickly developed the allergy.
@Neunerball thanks for the tip or I'd just buy anything that said camomile tea.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have only experience a dry chapped lip from chain vaping and not drinking enough water. Using Logic's and having a few cocktails results in hard to swallow dry throat but no ill affects from Vaping aside from a slight nicotine over indulgence. That was voluntarily and stupidly just for the record.

hqdefault.jpg

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't say it's common for me at all, I love spicy and acidic foods so the once a year or so ulcer is expected, unless I've very quickly developed the allergy.
Yeah I've eaten hot spicy food all my life, and I'm still sensitive to PG.....if you think it may be because of vaping I'd experiment with laying of the PG and vaping just VG and see if it has any effect.....the other thing for some people their reaction to PG is immediate and violent..for other it's cumlative and develops over time and are ususal referred to as PG sensitive. I always found PG irritating but since I coughed and had sinus trouble when smoking I just assumed it was from my smoking...as I kept vaping the effects of the PG got more and more apparent until after a year of vaping I decided to try not vaping PG at all...within a couple of days my symptoms cleared up. I don't vape above 20-25 % PG.

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I've eaten hot spicy food all my life, and I'm still sensitive to PG.....if you think it may be because of vaping I'd experiment with laying of the PG and vaping just VG and see if it has any effect.....the other thing for some people their reaction to PG is immediate and violent..for other it's cumlative and develops over time and are ususal referred to as PG sensitive. I always found PG irritating but since I coughed and had sinus trouble when smoking I just assumed it was from my smoking...as I kept vaping the effects of the PG got more and more apparent until after a year of vaping I decided to try not vaping PG at all...within a couple of days my symptoms cleared up.
I'll try to stick to the highest vg i have, although I usually vape 90/10 as it is so since I don't diy my options are a little slim in the way of pure vg. that and I blew all my juice budget for the next two months at the vape convention not too long ago.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll try to stick to the highest vg i have, although I usually vape 90/10 as it is so since I don't diy my options are a little slim in the way of pure vg. that and I blew all my juice budget for the next two months at the vape convention not too long ago.
if you're vaping 90% vg I doubt it's the PG, but who knows.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are u sure it's not HERPES?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are u sure it's not HERPES?

Lmao I'm pretty damn sure its not, if I thought it was I'd be rethinking some life choices right about now. Pretty sure it's just a cut in my cheek that got all effed up.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That's why I'm in doubt, I don't get any other symptoms either.

How long since you gave up the coffin nails? A lot of things that *seem* to be caused by vaping, are actually just weirdness from giving up the nails. Amazing how our bodies get used to toxic shit, and then basically have shitfits when we stop poisoning them. ;)

Andria

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It will go away in 2weeks avoid spicy foods.. VAPING don't irritate it, drinks lots of liquid bro

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How long since you gave up the coffin nails? A lot of things that *seem* to be caused by vaping, are actually just weirdness from giving up the nails. Amazing how our bodies get used to toxic shit, and then basically have shitfits when we stop poisoning them. ;)

Andria
Hmm about 8 ish months, I got them when I smoked too though.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hmm about 8 ish months, I got them when I smoked too though.

Hmm. Might be a vitamin deficiency -- B vitamins are water soluble, and easily depleted. Anytime I have any kind of mouth sores, I take B complex, like at bedtime, and it's usually healed up completely when I wake up -- even for something simple like biting your tongue, B complex does wonders.

Andria

I have an insanely sensitive mouth for vaping it seems. I've learned to stay away from citrus juices as they give me canker sores, and high VG (not PG) makes the inside of my mouth feel weird and eventually start peeling if I keep vaping it.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I sometimes get canker sore type spots in my mouth from vaping. Seems to happen worse if the vape is always hitting the same spot, and even more so when I'm routinely getting tiny droplets of unvaped nic liquid with the vape (wattage too low, etc). When it starts happening, I change how I vape such that it's not hitting the same spot, use lots of listerine, and it heals up within a week or two. Stress, lack of sleep, and poor diet seem to make it worse (and reasonably so).

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I sometimes get canker sore type spots in my mouth from vaping. Seems to happen worse if the vape is always hitting the same spot, and even more so when I'm routinely getting tiny droplets of unvaped nic liquid with the vape (wattage too low, etc). When it starts happening, I change how I vape such that it's not hitting the same spot, use lots of listerine, and it heals up within a week or two. Stress, lack of sleep, and poor diet seem to make it worse (and reasonably so).

That sounds EXACTLY like Vit B deficiency, particularly that it takes that long to heal -- a B complex at bedtime could heal it overnight, or at most, 2 days. But stress, lack of sleep, and too much sugar are pretty much the REASON for Vit B deficiency.

Andria

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That sounds EXACTLY like Vit B deficiency, particularly that it takes that long to heal -- a B complex at bedtime could heal it overnight, or at most, 2 days. But stress, lack of sleep, and too much sugar are pretty much the REASON for Vit B deficiency.

Andria
Could very well be. I do drink way too much soda. Thanks :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Could very well be. I do drink way too much soda. Thanks :)

I don't drink much soda anymore, though I used to... but I do drink sweet tea all day, and sometimes it does become a problem, in my mouth -- also, a sore spot on the tongue, pretty far back -- used to get that one a lot when I smoked! And I've always been one of those people for whom stress takes it toll on my digestive system -- the mouth is the top of the digestive system! So I make sure to always have a fairly fresh bottle of B Complex; it fixes the mouth issues, and it can even help with stress in general, kinda evens out your mood, so you don't feel so frazzled.

Andria

VU Sponsors