Mouth to lung squonk rda?

Discussion in 'Bottom Feeders / Squonking' started by Gregjl, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Gregjl

Gregjl Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Hi All, I hope a mtl squonk rda isn't too much to ask for, Google isn't working at all to help me find one. It seems it's all about clouds now. Can anyone suggest one or two that have the airflow of a Nautilus 2? And adjustable down to I guess nothing. Not one where nothing is the max airflow. I saw a couple I'm going to read more about, nuppin, strike and chalice.

Thanks

Pegleg Meg likes this.
  2. r055co

r055co VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    • Wasp Nano
    • Narda
    • Hatley

Gregjl likes this.
  3. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I am a sometime MTL squonker

Roscoes suggestions are more restricted DL - of the three, the Hadaly is my fave, can almost MtL with it. If you can find a NarDa, make sure it comes with a BF pin, real ones are rare and god-awful expensive. The clones are supposed to be as good, but you have to mod them to BF yourself, unless you can find a used one that has already been modded. Takes a 3mm FatDaddy bf pin, and needs to be filed down to fit correctly.

The new Chalice IV is excellent - kind of a grown up version of the legendary Chalice III, which is the best restricted MTL to this day

The clone of the Chalice IV is said to be as good as the authentic (haven't tried the clone yet). The Chalice III clone, if you can find one, not nearly as good as the OG. The old RM2 is on par with the Chalice III if you can find it.

Other good choices: The Odis 16 (the clone is not as good though and has problems), the Cyclone AFC and even the cloned Strike atties are pretty darn good.

Some are calling the Dead Rabbit SQ a decent MTL - but I have no experience with it

4. Rossum

Rossum Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Origen Little 16. Hard to find originals anymore, but I suppose clones are still available. Needs a smaller DT than the silly thing it comes with though.

5. lucifah

lucifah Shinyitis Victim VU Donator Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    +1 for that little bugger. Have a second one on the way from China :)
    Also the Little Bang and Strike 18 are really good for MTL (squonking or dripping). The Strike has an extremely tight airflow though.

Clones are available from Fasttech. New originals aren't sold any more I think.

Little Bang on Therion:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    Rossum likes this.
  6. Gregjl

Blog Posts:
    All helpful and the clones are all reasonably priced.

7. BrewBear

BrewBear Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    My favorites are the Chalice III and Cyclone. A word of caution, there are two versions of Cyclone, the v1 is fixed air, really tight draw and most people drilled the cap for more air. The v2 is the AFC Cyclone, a totally different vape. Dead Rabbit SQ is anything but MTL. Nuppin is hard to find and comes at a premium. Strike is good but I'm waiting on reviews of this one http://www.3fvape.com/rebuildable-a...ss-steel-pmma-22mm-diameter.html#.WoMT4ejwZEY

8. pulsevape

pulsevape Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    damn that cyclone has been around forever and still holding up.

9. pulsevape

pulsevape Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I gotta say the nextera is a real good atty.and versatile

10. Gregjl

Blog Posts:
    Has anyone ever tried a nautilus 2? All the way open that's perfect and sometimes a little too much air. But it's adjustable down to nothing. So it works. I tried another rta and couldn't use it, wide open was almost nothing and I couldn't fix it, Some people love it. (Mini berserker). I went with origen and little bang by the way. Fingers crossed.

11. mach1ne

mach1ne Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    the nofear unlimited is a tiny squonkable mtl atty. the clone is super cheap on 3fv. i have no experience with the authentic, but the clone is doing its job well enough imo.

12. Tamer El-Meehy

Tamer El-Meehy Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    The RM 2 if you can find it is also a great MTL atty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy likes this.
  13. KKen

KKen Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    +1 for the Chalice IV, IMO I personally think it is the best designed MTL squonk atty you can get.

For perspective on why I like it, I use simple 2mm inner diameter 26g kanthal wire between .7ohm to .8ohms. I find these simple builds do really well in micro sized chambers, so I tend to gravitate toward atties that are under 20mm in diameter.

Never tried the Odis line, but was a big fan of the Cyclone AFC (was just the regular RDA, no BF pin) and still rank it in my top 5 favorite atomizers since I first started vaping.

14. AndriaD

AndriaD Shine on, you crazy... VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I thought the Origin Little 16 was much too airy, but the Strike 18 was quite decent, and also very inexpensive, from FT.

Andria

Gregjl likes this.
  15. Pegleg Meg

Pegleg Meg As useful as Helen Keller's drumset VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, I ordered an Origen Little clone the other day from FT :)

https://m.fasttech.com/p/8816100

This version comes with a ring to go around the bottom, to look a little better on a mod. I do not own this yet but see many, many positive reviews for it.

16. Gregjl

Blog Posts:
    Chalice is sold out at 3fvape and discontinued at fasttech butt at fasttech they'll let me know when it's back in stock, the discontinued item.

17. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Which version of the Chalice?

No one has made one of the III in years

18. Gregjl

Blog Posts:
    4, I was just being lazy with my typing.

JuicyLucy likes this.
  19. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    This is a smokin' deal on a real one Chalice V4 by Mark Bugs

Rossum, inspects and Pegleg Meg like this.
  20. inspects

inspects Squonkamaniac Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Need to stop reading your posts, spent 300 bucks in the last 30 minutes........:vapemail:

gopher_byrd, KKen and JuicyLucy like this.
  21. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    Well Dale - you always were an over achiever :teehee:

inspects likes this.
  22. Gregjl

Blog Posts:
    Hmm, wouldn't be the first time I spent a hundred bucks on something I didn't need. Thanks for the link to a new place. Let me see if if I like the two I bought from 3f vape First.

23. Gregjl

Blog Posts:
    Well, I heard so much about that chalice I went for it. Between me and inspects I think Mr. Bugs owes you a little something.

inspects likes this.
  24. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    If only...

inspects and Gregjl like this.
  25. Moto

Moto Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
  26. Gregjl

Blog Posts:
    That ended up being a really good call! It comes with two drip tips now and one is smaller.

Pegleg Meg and lucifah like this.
  27. Pegleg Meg

Pegleg Meg As useful as Helen Keller's drumset VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    What other small atties have you tried? I cancelled my Little order a while back and then opted for a Speed Recolution Mini, I'm super happy with it.

28. Gregjl

Blog Posts:
    Origin, little bang and chalice 4. Chalice 4 is great, ( in every way, thanks Lucy!) little bang is a little hot and almost no air flow but I will try it again some day when I get a regulated squonk mod. And origin little is a little weird to build on but works well.

Pegleg Meg likes this.
  29. Pegleg Meg

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, I think the little post holes scared me off, I like parallel and claptoned coils so got the Speed Revolution Mini which can just clamp down - Very tight air though!

JuicyLucy likes this.
  30. zz99

zz99 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Caved and just placed an order with Mark Bugs for the Chalice IV, Tis' only money:wait:

Gregjl and Pegleg Meg like this.
  31. Wtmke1

Wtmke1 Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Le supersonic can be adjusted to MTL. Kinda finicky to build on but great smooth airflow

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

inspects likes this.
  32. Zohmbiebuilds

Zohmbiebuilds Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    nardA clone I have been using is great. I have been MTL vaping quite with more frequency because my landlord lady hates seeing what looks like a "Tom Petty"concert lol.

Because I build frequently and love flat builds I never gave MTL a chance. It's honestly not my favorite and I think it could be improved if I used much higher nic content maybe salts?

Does anyone else use nic salts for low vape MTL

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

David Wolf and Wtmke1 like this.
  33. Wtmke1

Wtmke1 Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Yea I've got a couple brands. Not sure if the quality as in if there may be better juice out there. Both are pretty good. The brazz is 45mg and the Nkd salt is a 50mg. They also make a 35 I think it is. I like the razz better. 50 is like a juul if you've ever tried one. Donkey kick in the throat. But 45 is good.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

34. f1r3b1rd

f1r3b1rd aliens... or drone? Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Cyclone and chalice are what come to mind as the standard of comparison

Rossum, JuicyLucy and Gregjl like this.
  35. Gregjl

Blog Posts:
    You'll like it. And I guess I get the price, there must be a ton of work that goes into making one. Go check out the mods while you're on the site lol.

zz99 likes this.
  36. ☠Ƥʂұçħớ ŘêἁḺm☠

☠Ƥʂұçħớ ŘêἁḺm☠ Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Berserker MTL RDA. Works like a champ for its money.

37. Gregjl

Blog Posts:
    Is there a berserker mini? I think that's what I tried. Way too tight. There's no one size fits all for rdas I guess

38. ☠Ƥʂұçħớ ŘêἁḺm☠

☠Ƥʂұçħớ ŘêἁḺm☠ Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    There are three Berserkers: two RTAs (regular and Mini) and one RDA. With RDA you can control airflow not just with AFC holes but also with inserts. You can really go from super tight to extremely loose.

39. lucifah

lucifah Shinyitis Victim VU Donator Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I've got to say, it's money well spent - and it's actually pretty cheap for a genuine RDA. Got mine about 2 1/2 weeks ago and love it.

Pegleg Meg likes this.
  40. putkisetaOy

putkisetaOy Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Hellfire Strike

Pegleg Meg likes this.