Become a Patron!

Most reputable online sites to buy batteries from?

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It seems my 3 pairs of batteries are nearing the end of their lifespan.
All of a sudden this week I have been noticing a much faster discharge speed without any change in my RDA or vaping consistency, going threw the pairs in . Currently using Efast Purples, 2500mah 35 amp (yes, I know that's pulse, not constant) in my sigelei 100 watt box with RDAs usually around 0.14 to 0.4 OHMs @ 75watts

So, am curious as to what 18650s the rest of you use and where you got them from.
Was thinking of sony's, but with all the clones out there I'd rather use LGs

(p.s. just to get it out there, if you own a site that sells batteries and post about it, I will assume it's just an advertising attempt and wont take it as seriously as somebody posting about their experiences)

GFrost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just picked up 6- vtc4 from RTD vape. Also seems like ILLUMN has some and liion has vtc3&vtc4 in stock

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I have always had great luck with Lightning Vapes and they have a good selection of batteries.

http://www.lightningvapes.com/collections/batteries

And I just ordered one of these to try in my IPV2

http://www.lightningvapes.com/collections/batteries/products/samsung-inr-18650-25r-battery

Total price including $@H was $6.64 after 17% discount (ohmsweetohm).

The only bad thing about LV is that their USPS shipments go through the Tampa, Fl distribution center which can be slow as hell:(

But once the material finally leaves Tampa it normally moves pretty damn quick!

Slicknic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Another vote for illumn.com here. The only place I buy batteries from. The vtc4's are legit.

hazozita

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
+1 on RTD and Lightning Vapes. Both have been excellent vendors, and RTD carries sizes/brands that can be hard to find elsewhere. RTD is also a great place for chargers since they are an authorized Xtar seller and offer full warranty support. Just got my Xtar VC4 charger from them earlier this week -- very impressed with the charger.

I'd also add Triangle Vapes. Like LV they have a limited selection, but excellent prices and service: http://trianglevape.com/batteries-chargers/

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I buy all my batteries from either Lightning Vapes and or Illumn.com. Both are fast, trustworthy and easy to deal with.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been ordering my batteries from imrbatteries.com for a year and a half now. They are authentic and cost about 30-40% less than what vape sites and flashlight sites sell them for.

mstave

Member For 4 Years
It seems my 3 pairs of batteries are nearing the end of their lifespan.
All of a sudden this week I have been noticing a much faster discharge speed without any change in my RDA or vaping consistency, going threw the pairs in . Currently using Efast Purples, 2500mah 35 amp (yes, I know that's pulse, not constant) in my sigelei 100 watt box with RDAs usually around 0.14 to 0.4 OHMs @ 75watts

So, am curious as to what 18650s the rest of you use and where you got them from.
Was thinking of sony's, but with all the clones out there I'd rather use LGs

(p.s. just to get it out there, if you own a site that sells batteries and post about it, I will assume it's just an advertising attempt and wont take it as seriously as somebody posting about their experiences)

I get all my batteries from IMR Batteries - http://www.imrbatteries.com/
Good service, fast shipping and very good prices.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've had good experience's with all mentioned above except Triangle and Imrbatteries and that's because I haven't bought from them yet. I've been planning to use Imrbatteries next time around but I'm stocked for a while.

Last edited:

Riptides

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Always used Samsung 25r's but I picked up some AWT 40 Amps for my mechs and they're working awesome!

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
can get 25r on ebay very cheap, the samsungs are so abundant and cheap that cloning them is useless. or use lightning vapes, but the 25r are just such a damn good battery, or he4s

check out the straight volt on youtube for graphs youll see which battery fits your application

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
ugh, down to 35% since noon on the current pair. And on a workday when I don't vape much.

Thanks for the info guys.
Just placed an order with illumn for 4 VTC4s

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Another +1 far LightningVapes - I've got a pair of Efest purples and a pair of Samsungs that alternate in my Sig 100 - no discernable difference aside from price.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just bought 2 samsung 25R's from Liion batteries for $13.61 shipped...They advertise checking the batteries to ensure they are authentic and not clones.

They carry sony vtc 3 and 4's as well
http://liionwholesale.com/collections/batteries

Anyone disagree with $5.70 something per battery instead of $8 for a samsung 25r?...Didnt think so;)

Last edited:

Married 2 The 7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just bought 2 samsung 25R's from Liion batteries for $13.61 shipped...They advertise checking the batteries to ensure they are authentic and not clones.

They carry sony vtc 3 and 4's as well
http://liionwholesale.com/collections/batteries

Anyone disagree with $5.70 something per battery instead of $8 for a samsung 25r?...Didnt think so;)
LOL just saw your post lol.. woops

Xhalin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks for the tips on illumn.com- ordered some vtc4 batts and hope they are authentic.... Waiting anxiously...

Stormweaver1983

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
+1 on IMRbatteries.com

I've placed 3 orders through them so far. Fast service, good prices and products.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just like car, damn thing wont make a noise the day you take it to a mechanic.
New batteries are set to arrive tomorrow and for the past few days, my current batteries have been performing without any issues again.

Diesel_Danno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
has anyone sourced from kidneypuncher? I like the fact that they offer an attempt at a scientific breakdown at how a battery reacts in a mod, and would like to support them if they are in fact a legitimate reseller of authentic batteries

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've heard good things about kidneypuncher, though I have no personal experience. Lightning Vapes has always done good by me, though I'm tempted to give Liion Wholesale a try for my next go-round - likely a ways off, since I've got two pairs for my Sig 100 with less than 50 charge cycles and I'm barely burning 3 batteries a week on my mechs these days...

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
According to Sony, if any VTC's are authentic, they are also old stock, since they quit making them quite a while ago.
The letter from Sony that has been circulating the innertube for at least a year:

"Thank you for your inquiry.

The 18650(VTC) type batteries are no longer manufactured by Sony.

This product was never intended for individual, public sale and are not eligible for warranty or engineering support. It was only available to OEM makers of specific devices.

The specifications and markings on the battery may vary depending upon the OEM’s requirements. Therefore, it is difficult to determine the true manufacturer or authenticity of the batteries without physical inspection and manufacturing code research.

This type of battery seems to be widely available on the internet market through non-authorized resellers. Therefore, Sony is not liable for the performance or use of this type battery for non-intended purposes. Such applications should be done at the user’s own risk. Furthermore, any battery of this type claimed to be Sony brand may be older stock. We apologize that we cannot offer further assistance with this matter. Sincerely, Sony
"

Diesel_Danno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just placed an order with liionwholesale.com. They have a certificate in box stating how they were tested, and to peel back sticker to find authentic manufacturer markings. My two samsung 18650 INR 25r's look right, and we'll see how they vape. I do want to mention that the shipping sdervice was great, nice and prompt. Also, buying two batteries at once got me a free case, which was an improvement over my last battery purchase. The website seems good, and others have recommended them. I can definitely say that I will be purchasing from Liionwholesale.com again.

battery bro

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
We specialize in large wholesale orders between 500 and 10,000+ batteries. If anyone is interested I'll make you a deal if you mention you're from Vaping Underground.

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
R-lsales on eBay is battery vendor shitloads of batteries and some chargers great prices, fresh03 utube recommended also ( vape product reveiwer) all top carriers

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
has anyone sourced from kidneypuncher? I like the fact that they offer an attempt at a scientific breakdown at how a battery reacts in a mod, and would like to support them if they are in fact a legitimate reseller of authentic batteries

I've bought from Kidney Puncher a few times, but no batteries from them...I usually use RTD. I'd rather pay a little extra for piece of mind. Back when my two Provari's were still under warranty I used to go threw several AW batteries because those things draw a shit ton of current for what they put out and AW's seem to sag real bad in them because of it and sometimes I would go threw 2 to 3 18490's or 2 18650's a day and after buying several fake batteries on Ebay and very expensive lesson learned I got my first real and good AW's from RTD and Sun Vapors.

Anyways, as for Kidney Puncher, I like them because they have a huge selection of quality stuff and several hard to find elsewhere items with great customer service...but I don't order from them unless I have to because you pay for that selection and quality of service and my vape budget doesn't always allow for that. I never had a problem with them and if you pay the extra couple bucks for priority shipping they're good about swapping things out.

Diesel_Danno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just placed an order with liionwholesale.com. They have a certificate in box stating how they were tested, and to peel back sticker to find authentic manufacturer markings. My two samsung 18650 INR 25r's look right, and we'll see how they vape. I do want to mention that the shipping sdervice was great, nice and prompt. Also, buying two batteries at once got me a free case, which was an improvement over my last battery purchase. The website seems good, and others have recommended them. I can definitely say that I will be purchasing from Liionwholesale.com again.
Ok, I have had my batteries for a good while now, they are awesome. no issues. I use a smart charger for them, and double check the voltage reading with a multimeter every so often. These batteries are still just as potent as the day I got them. I'm paranoid because I bought clone inr's unknowingly, which these are replacing. These are beating the clones in every way I can think to test them.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lightning vapes. Placed an order on monday and by thursday it was at my house, with standard shipping. Picked up 4 vtc4s and theyre legit.
they also have a bunch of other batteries.

D Vaping

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
been getting all my mod batts from jetbatteries.com both online and amazon and always been good for me.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lightningvapes

VU Sponsors