Become a Patron!

Most efficient way to mass produce juice?

WZV

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey everybody. Forgive me for skipping an introduction thread, I feel as though you get to know people better through interaction rather than listening to what they have to say about themselves.

Anyways, on to the topic of discussion. If you are getting into the retail end of vaping what do you think is the most efficient way to mix your juice?

The first option that comes to mind is pre-mixing the nicotine with the PG/VG. Thus, you'd have a large bottle of 0mg mix, 6mg, 12mg, etc. Then, when you have an order you would measure and add the flavor to the bottle followed by the mix. The three problems with this are that 1) your nicotine gets diluted so you would have to mix each bottle of PG/VG/nicotine at a higher level to account for the flavor, 2) it would give your juices no time to steep, and 3) it's a lot of foot work.

The second option is having large pre-mixed bottles of each flavor and nicotine level. For example, you'd have a large bottle of Flavor One with 0mg nicotine, another bottle with Flavor One and 6mg, etc. Upon receiving an order you would fill the bottle and deliver. This seems like a good idea because it gives your juice time to steep and ultimately eliminates a little bit of time that the first method would take.

The third option would be to have all your flavors mixed at 0mg and one large container of nicotine. Upon receiving an order you would add the flavor/PG/VG mix in with the appropriate amount of nicotine to be diluted to the specific level. This seems like the easiest route, but I'm still thinking it over and may not actually work, as having different levels of nicotine would need different amounts of fluid, some diluting the flavor mix more than others and creating huge inconsistencies in your juices.

If you're currently mixing your own and selling it, how do you go about it? If you're not doing so, maybe you still have some insight on the best way to do it and would like to share. Lastly, is there a solution to the dilemma that is option three?

Budds

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Depends IMHO.....

If its just me mixing, not several employees, I take orders.... Mix on the spot, and if steep time is required I advise my clients.
Of course if you have a "Hot" Juice you would mix bulk in advance and anticipate sales.

Steep time can make or break a juice !
Some like creamy, or tobacco NEED time, but others like fruit are shake and vape good, and in fact some flavors/additives will fade with time.
Know your juice and advise the customer....

Having too much idle inventory that can not be resold/liquidated is a bad idea IMHO.

Anyways...............

BunnyKiller

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
very thoughtful questions....
I mix my flavors ( real tobacco extracts) with VG to a 50% ratio ( since the end mix is usually 15-35%) and this gives the extract time to age in the VG. When time comes to make a vapable batch, I then add the nic to the 50/50 extract/VG and additional VG to bring the nic to the level needed...
example: to make 100ml of a blend I would do 50ml of the extract/VG mix, 25 ml of 100nic, and a final 25ml of 100% VG to produce a 25 nic 25% extract juice. I would still let it age a bit to let the nic blend in.....

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just thought I'd throw this out there, no idea of the viability but it's an idea that I had seen tossed around.

Mix a bulk batch of 0mg and a bulk batch of whatever your highest nic strength is (24mg). Forecast your expected sales of your most popular flavors that require steeping, you have 24mg and 0mg premixed. Simply add X parts of 0 and X parts of 24 to mix to order.

2 part 24, 6 parts 0 = 6mg....etc, etc.

It allows the juice steep time with the PG/VG & nicotine without forcing you to have too much 3mg or too much 18mg sitting around approaching expiration.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just thought I'd throw this out there, no idea of the viability but it's an idea that I had seen tossed around.

Mix a bulk batch of 0mg and a bulk batch of whatever your highest nic strength is (24mg). Forecast your expected sales of your most popular flavors that require steeping, you have 24mg and 0mg premixed. Simply add X parts of 0 and X parts of 24 to mix to order.

2 part 24, 6 parts 0 = 6mg....etc, etc.

It allows the juice steep time with the PG/VG & nicotine without forcing you to have too much 3mg or too much 18mg sitting around approaching expiration.
I think that is the way the small B&M do it. They go behind a curtain and pretend to "mix" you order, they are just taking the two bottles of high nic and 0 nic and putting them in your bottle.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First and foremost, I would think, is figuring out your area for mixing these juices if you haven't already, Clean, safe and away from children. Treat it like where you would want your juice coming from.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
First and foremost, I would think, is figuring out your area for mixing these juices if you haven't already, Clean, safe and away from children. Treat it like where you would want your juice coming from.
hey whiskey, have you always been a mod ?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
VG/tap water/ mio water shots, 50 gallon barrels... thats how we did it during prohibition.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
been other things too, I'll leave that up to your imagination

Schultz+I+know+nothing.jpg

VU Sponsors