Become a Patron!

more flavour..

bored-mom

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
if i want more flavor which percentages do I chose?,right now im doing 50pg/50vg because im clueless as to which to lower:( .I know its a newbish question but figured only stupid question is the one unasked:D

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Glad you asked, I wanna know too! ;)

Liu

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
When your juice is freshly made, PG is the flavor carrier. VG is more dense, and it takes time for the flavor concentrate (suspended in PG) to start to blend with the VG components. Most people call it "steeping"

This is also why some people warm their juice bottles in an ultrasonic cleaner, it will thin the VG and speed up the process somewhat.

Don't fall into the trap of thinking that a high vg blend will have no flavor, or a muted flavor, it doesn't, but it will typically take longer before that flavor has completely matured.

Your build, and the design of an atomizer can have quite a lot to do with the intensity of flavor as well. Even a narrow mouthpiece will better concentrate flavor on your tongue.

DB Cigs

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Are you asking about vendor supplied liquid, or are you attempting to make your own?

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think its more in which topper you use as how good your juice will taste. As already said, after the juice is all mixed up well, I dont taste the diff in more PG or more VG.

A rebuidable dripping atomizer will have the best flavor. Can be very intense.
Taifuns and Kayfun type toppers will be the closest second to these.
A Carto tank will (arguably) be third best
Protank and evod type toppers will be next down the line
Clearos are the farthest away from a good taste.

My opinion only...... :)

bored-mom

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
vendor supplied,when I order there is usually the option of which percentages of either I want in the juice I choose

KeyBee

Member For 5 Years
@Liu PG is is better carrier for flavor at all I think. If I compare my 2 months old mixes 50/50s vs. 0/100s I can feel the difference.

PG: stronger (not necessarily better) taste, stronger throat hit
VG: sweeter taste by itself, much more vapor production, much thicker (not every wicking material would supply 100% VG properly, eg. Kayfuns with standard channels have sometimes problems - I had no problem with it but some people reported these - the most premade VGs will have some % of water because of it)

If you are new buy different mixes and try it. Later do it again because your taste would change: I ve started with 80/20 24 mg mixes (ratio is PG/VG), moved to 100 PG 18 mg, later to 70/30 12mg, later to 50/50 12 mg and now I use 100 VG 9 mg (2 years run).

Also some people think VG is healthier. I dont know so I dont comment.

1truk

Member For 4 Years
bored-mom -- You have just asked a very hard to answer question. As you know, taste is subjective and taste with regard to vaping is absolutely not an exact science. There are so many options to chose from and then throw in individual tastes make it very hard for one to help another. For instance, you can take just about any juice and fill 5 different tanks, cartos, Drippers, etc. and you will experience 5 different flavors. Crazy right? The best advice I can give you is to Experiment. If you are not planning to use an RDA (Dripping Atomizer) I would strongly suggest you use a MOD with adjustable Voltage or Wattage which will help you dial in your flavor. Use a tank that works well for you in that you can decide on differing resistances and then start on your quest to increase your flavor. These guys are correct in theory regarding PG being a Flavor carrier but in my experience this does not tell the whole story. When deciding on which Ratio to Chose, for me it was a question of how much vapor production I wanted to achieve (most women do not care about this, but for some guys we need to see that cloud). But you also need to consider the type of device or atomizer you are using and whether or not it will perform better with thicker or thinner liquid. I hope Im not taking you into the weeds here, but my point is, you will need to take some things into consideration when deciding ratios even when all you are trying to do is enhance your flavor. The ratios "can" mean a lot less than the equipment you have and how you use it. Experiment, Experiment, Experiment .. Everyone is different and what tastes horrible to you could be the next guys All Day Vape. Sorry so long and hope this helps in some small way.

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've found 60/40 pg/vg - to give a better flavor than any other ratio between juices purchased and juices made. I love 60/40 or 65/35 if that's an option (though rarely some sellers do use that option)

GmaVapor

Member For 4 Years
I use mostly vg and I do believe the flavor gets muted. So when I order from most vendors, they will add extra flavoring. I like likes lots of flavor and some people like flavor that is more subdued. Some say the longer you are a vaper the less flavor starts to be better, but I have been vaping almost a year and I still like lots and lots of flavor. So when you order, ask for extra flavoring and try many different vendors too and see if that helps.

bored-mom

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yep i started steeping them after reading on here about it ,has helped allot also the shaking .thanks all for the info:D

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Switch out your juices. Vape on more than one device during the day, with different juices. Your perception of flavor will be better when you switch it up. Just like with wine-sniffing, after just a few good whiffs in a short period, the smell will seem to thin out. Your device will also alter how much flavor you get and whether or not it's colored by wicking media. I still love good old trusty Evods for great flavor, but with a rebuildable, get some READYxWICK for a purer experience. Taifuns are nice for flavor, and i'm told the Kanger Aerotank is too... but any good dripper will be the best at delivering solid hits of pure delicioso. An RDA with READYxWICK and a fresh coil is probably heaven.

And of course a burnt, gunky coil does no-one any favors!

cactusvaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Like Jeremy above said a dripper will deliver the best flavor.
I use a cotton wick made of cellulo rayon cotton and cellulo cotton mixed excellent delivery and flavor.
I DIY so I can mix ratios according to device.
I make 65/35 and 50/50 for clearos and 10/90 & 15/85 PG VG for drippers I also bump the % of flavoring I add to the High VG mixes.
get a dripper and a mech or device that will deliver to a low ohm coil and have at it ;)

Last edited:
I've been vaping about 6 months and making my own juice for about 3. I, too, like lots of flavor - hence my foray into DIY. In addition to mixing stronger concentrations of flavorings, I find that I have a considerable amount of control with a variable watt mod and the airflow adjustment on my favorite tank - Nautilus. I probably would have been perfectly happy vaping my starter kit with an etwist battery if my husband hadn't bought my first mod. I was amazed at the difference in taste. I mix most flavors at 50/50. I like the throat hit and really am not bothered by vapor production (yes, I'm a typical girl), but I mix VG heavy for my husband and son (it's a testosterone thing I think). At any rate, it's all been lots of fun learning and experimenting.

VU Sponsors