Moral Theater vs The Mentally Ill

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Man - this article left me speechless - and what it is reporting shows the ridiculousness of ANTZ of an incredible degree

" Many of the advocates of these policies grasp the complexity of addiction when it comes to virtually anything else. They support needle exchanges and methadone because they understand a hierarchy of urgency and recognize that some evils are worse than others. But for some reason, when it comes to tobacco, all nuance goes out the window. People who know better decide to stop knowing better."

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"Oh wow!" This is a sad read. I can see the usage of analogs being reduced around health care facilties, true enough. Even having employees walk off property I believe we have all seen.
This to me is the big pharm coming out to sell patches, gum, Chantrix to group therapy. Where there's money to be made, they'll find it. If they were truly trying to help then drive the cost down.
I experienced a very pleasant few days of vaping at the beginning of December. My father had surgery and I stayed up there with him for the week. First moment to walk out to vape I was kindly greeted by the valet parkers. Pleasantly told I didn't have to walk off property and to just vape 5 feet from where I was standing. Hence, at the front door pretty much. I walked a piece down the sidewalk so not to be right by the door but very close. I was made to feel human that day. In saying this, that very hospital in the city was the first to blast about a strict tobacco policy. Over the time frame I was there I had nurses, doctors, general public to compliment my choice to quit analogs.
In saying this, I honestly believe some institutions are more giving and some are out to make another dollar.
Mental health? If this was a true case then they are contradictory in their statements. Are they admitting in their own words without much thought that they hire mentally hindered staff to care for patients? Of course not. I understand that yes, some are mentally challenged that come there for treatment. The staff should not be. Mental health disorders are strong words to use in regards to tobacco use. That's just my thoughts.

This is to me another ploy to turn another dollar since vaping is still not under their thumb. I'd rather see smoking cessation groups hand out vapes and see progress vs drive some to think it's a disorder. It's a known fact that analogs have addictive properties more so than pure nicotine itself.
Not everything in life can be linked to mental/social disorders like what their trying to do. I don't buy it and never have. (Rant over. ...)

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
America is living through an Orwellian dystopia, and our citizens are either too stupid or to lazy to think for themselves,they have turned that chore over to globalist corporate propoganda mills that spew out illogical ,nonsensical slogans and virtue signaling lies 24/7....and any voice that dares challenge the corporations is deemed an "rredeemable, a threat to the social order, and is effectively silenced through censorship.

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.”

― George Orwell

VU Sponsors