Become a Patron!

Mods you love and hate?

Misfit47

Member For 4 Years
Mine is a kangertech k1. Compact, fires fast. My troll v2 is a perfect fit. Fits hand great, love it for most part.
What I hate. Auto fires! Think I've got it figured out what's causing it. If battery is too tight, it presses up on 510 causing the short resulting in auto firing. Still annoying and semi dangerous though. One day I'll take it apart and figure out a permanent fix.
It's got a dna 75w chip, was quite a bargain before it started going nuts.
35e7bffffe3e2bdcfc7be37bce11a796.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I love my Minibooks; I've got 4 -- red, black, and 2 white -- and I hope they all last a nice long time. the size, shape, and weight are perfect for me, and I love the opening-book battery door too. :) I would probably love my herd of Coolfire IV's equally, if only I could adjust their wattage by .1 instead of .5 -- .5 makes a big diff when you vape at less than 10w! aAnd the 2 CF4's I have that were upgrades from the originals, a red and a blue CF4 75w-TC-18650s -- don't have a USB port at all, so no emergency charging if you find yourself out with a dead battery and no spares handy -- so those don't leave the house.

The ones I hate are my iPV Minis, the originals with 30w. I love their looks, size, and shape -- I wrapped both of mine when their crappy paint started looking shitty -- but the damn battery doors on those mods are just total shit; my blue one, I've managed to strip either the cap's threads or those inside the battery tube -- I'm hoping the former and that I can find some replacement batt caps for those. I always try to leave the battery in those, and charge via USB, just because of that problem with the threads, but sometimes you gotta swap out the battery so it can be charged properly in a real charger.

Andria

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Vt133's I picked up here on VU continue to be excellent - once I stripped out most of the weird programming. DNA200 boards, 2x18650 - win. (Looks like Eciggity still sells these)

The SXmini M-class, again VU, with an sx350J board is another winner - I lug it each day for the drives to/from work and little breaks. Win.

The GBox 200, well - the 510 nut gets loose.. The batteries sometimes need to be jammed in&out a few times, (I think the door is getting loose).. Great little squonker once you mod the cover/bottle.

The old Istick 100w and TC100W are in the PIF-bag for newbs or loaners - still trucking. I like their battery-doors far better than the flip/latch lid of the Gbox.

The old Pico 75 was PIF'd and, alas: the new owner proceeded to drop it several times too many - the 510 broke loose of the housing. He went back to his cigs, (which he preferred anyway). Can't save them all.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The Vt133's I picked up here on VU continue to be excellent - once I stripped out most of the weird programming. DNA200 boards, 2x18650 - win. (Looks like Eciggity still sells these)

The SXmini M-class, again VU, with an sx350J board is another winner - I lug it each day for the drives to/from work and little breaks. Win.

The GBox 200, well - the 510 nut gets loose.. The batteries sometimes need to be jammed in&out a few times, (I think the door is getting loose).. Great little squonker once you mod the cover/bottle.

The old Istick 100w and TC100W are in the PIF-bag for newbs or loaners - still trucking. I like their battery-doors far better than the flip/latch lid of the Gbox.

The old Pico 75 was PIF'd and, alas: the new owner proceeded to drop it several times too many - the 510 broke loose of the housing. He went back to his cigs, (which he preferred anyway). Can't save them all.

I absolutely pined for an SX Mini M class, and finally found one for real cheap here from a user... and I even managed to upgrade its ROM... but I can't really like it, for 2 reasons: the excessive weight, and the sharp edges on the bottom. It stays in the drawer most of the time.

Andria

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got a benecig killer in the mail. It was only $38 off of 3fvape. Got a vandy vape pyro 24 on top with a dual coil 4mm id .11 ohm build

5HXBbf.jpg

fidola13

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
0AE7D362-4995-4478-A002-136825B64AC1.jpeg I love the Yihi SXMini Q class. Perfect vape and hand fit. Nothing I hate about it although the panels are pretty slick so I guess it could slip out of my hand if not cradling it securely.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My lavabox Mini dna 75. Love the size and feel but even at full brightness it’s still impossible to see the screen in the daylight.

Misfit47

Member For 4 Years
Here's another one I thought would be great.
Smoant Battlestar mini. Light, small, rounded edges, looks great. Getting random "check atomizer" that wont go away unless I restart it.
180a6af3d6060153f811817327378a75.jpg

thewarm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Squid Industries Double Barrel V2.1. I love the design, simple power control.
I HATE the battery door! My magnets fell out after the first 2 battery changes. If you go to their website, you will see replacement battery doors and switch buttons (mine hasn't fallen off yet). This mod really needs a better battery door...

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Squid Industries Double Barrel V2.1. I love the design, simple power control.
I HATE the battery door! My magnets fell out after the first 2 battery changes. If you go to their website, you will see replacement battery doors and switch buttons (mine hasn't fallen off yet). This mod really needs a better battery door...
Agreed
It’s my absolute favorite mod I’ve used! In 7 years of vape products it’s easily the nicest fit/power combination I’ve come across. But that door SUCKS! I’ve replaced mine after only a few weeks and am now hoping to sell a few items to buy the tac21; because of the improved door.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have no problems with any Mods on here.

Ohh wait! those mods.

Only mod I ever hated was a Geyscano regulated squonker.
It quit working after about a week and I was glad.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Current mod loves are the Pulse 80w and Pico squeeze. Always have at least one if not both of them on me. Also Hugo squeezers and VT Inbox are vaped daily.

Don't really hate any of the mods I've had. Original Pulse found it's way into the storage drawer. Got tired of the voltage drop and trying to chase a good vape.

Heck I even liked the Smok t-priv until I gave it away to a friend who's mod died and didn't have money to buy another

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have a new favorite!

newaegis.jpg

Aegis 100w; finally a mod that might be able to survive me. I *really* wanted one of the "pumpkin edition" ones, but nobody has 'em anymore. :( But this has a nice feel; bigger than I'm used to, and just slightly heavier (with 18650, don't have any 26650s yet), but it just feels comfy in the hand, nice big fire button with a good tactile sense. Now I need a leopard print driptip... and maybe a pillbox hat. :D

Andria

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Don't really hate any of the mods I've had. Original Pulse found it's way into the storage drawer. Got tired of the voltage drop and trying to chase a good vape.
That is where my Pulse is also. The voltage drop just killed it for me. I wanted and tried to like it just didn't happen.

Theserialvapist

Member For 1 Year
Webp.net-compress-image2.jpg Webp.net-compress-image.jpg My old fave was a Smok xcube 2. Great intro set, was my first 'big boy' vape, in fact I've still got it amd run it for work as it's like a frankenvape and almost indestructible. Admittedly the chip blew in it years ago but I stripped that out and run it as an unregulated mod with some uninspired rewiring. Lost the spring behind the bar so I drilled it out to fit a switch. Well, many switches as I ran out of mosfets once ages ago and couldn't get one so I just run it without these days lol I love that beast. Even when the switch fails I just pull the bar off and earth the wire to the case to fire it lmao :) I'll upload a pic when I can figure out how lol

Last edited:

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I rarely use TC or power curves. Not a problem if they are included, but I like sleek and simple, reliable, good form factor, no excess bling, quick response to fire button.

That makes me a Battlestar fanboy and puts the Minikin Boost on my wish list.

With the touch screens, my fear is 1 drop and lights out. Not sure if justified. I'm sure most of us have occasionally dropped our mod on a hard sidewalk. I am guilty.

If there is bling, I prefer in on the atty. I like a resin tank on a simpler mod. For e.g., green resin Fireluke Pro with the darker bronze blue Battlestar.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love and hate my cylon ... love the mod itself and love looking at it with the "tarnish" paint scheme... hate that I cant get many atomizers ro match it well.... black ones look dumb, gray or stainless stand out too much...
f7ffd553bf593c579bf57ad5eeec2bbb.jpg

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
With the touch screens, my fear is 1 drop and lights out. Not sure if justified. I'm sure most of us have occasionally dropped our mod on a hard sidewalk. I am guilty.

A very valid concern. I've dropped mods over and over, I'm just a klutz, and mostly I just break my acrylic driptips -- but once, when I dropped my favorite white minibook while trying to get into my locked truck and juggling keys, mod, and purse, the screen completely died -- it would still vape, but with no way to know what the wattage was, and since I change mine fairly often, that was a mod killer.

I'd say see if Geekvape releases a touchscreen Aegis.

Andria

thewarm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Agreed
It’s my absolute favorite mod I’ve used! In 7 years of vape products it’s easily the nicest fit/power combination I’ve come across. But that door SUCKS! I’ve replaced mine after only a few weeks and am now hoping to sell a few items to buy the tac21; because of the improved door.

I picked up a new door and the silicone sleeve from SV. Makes a world of difference! Now it is my favorite 'mobile' mod.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love this one and hate to take it out of the house.....
bc5cec049673390c1627ac3b7a597a53.jpg
0dd3e0377243efc09d5d485f4fdc73c1.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm, mods I hate....
I dont like clones....does that count?
I guess I could whine that the up and down wattage buttons on my Alien mod are reversed....

I hate that copper and brass contacts get dirty fast, patina. I'm tired of polishing shit once a week. I guess that is part of the game when owning a small city worth of tube mods.

I'm pretty happy with all the mods I have.

Sent from Amchitka

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm, mods I hate....
I dont like clones....does that count?
I guess I could whine that the up and down wattage buttons on my Alien mod are reversed....

I hate that copper and brass contacts get dirty fast, patina. I'm tired of polishing shit once a week. I guess that is part of the game when owning a small city worth of tube mods.

I'm pretty happy with all the mods I have.

Sent from Amchitka
I don't buy anything cloned....... I had a clone Fatality and Oh boy what a difference between the real ones......
2b19f1236cc9b46cc1a31d1361917596.jpg

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
The only mod I didn’t like using was my first, an e fire, lovely wood but knocked it over constantly. Overall have had pretty good luck with mods.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only mod I didn’t like using was my first, an e fire, lovely wood but knocked it over constantly. Overall have had pretty good luck with mods.
Sounds like The Minikin V2 Kodama......

I put it between my legs while driving and the bottom front is rounded, so when I hit the brakes it flies under the gas and brake pedals.......
599161af36d815155ea387007dd7055e.jpg

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For a simple Mod that doesn't have all these fancy features i LOVE my Uwell Ironfist. It's great, simple, and double battery so the battery life and power is great. It looks fantastic with my black bonza rda.

I also have the Pulse. I actually don't use it with my RDA because the power is MEH even with the 20700 battery. I actually use my fireluke mesh tank on there and that sucker fires nice.

I had the smok procolor and it broke in less than a month but i loved the mod up until that point. i also had the alien v2 and same thing so smok mods are out.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For a simple Mod that doesn't have all these fancy features i LOVE my Uwell Ironfist. It's great, simple, and double battery so the battery life and power is great. It looks fantastic with my black bonza rda.

I also have the Pulse. I actually don't use it with my RDA because the power is MEH even with the 20700 battery. I actually use my fireluke mesh tank on there and that sucker fires nice.

I had the smok procolor and it broke in less than a month but i loved the mod up until that point. i also had the alien v2 and same thing so smok mods are out.
I use a og smok alien to install coils. I've had it for years but just found out if it sits off with batteries in it, it drains them down to 1.3v! Kills both cells. No idea how or why, up most why the batteries dont explode....I'll still use the mod but only for building and remove the batteries after each use.

Sent from Amchitka

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't buy anything cloned....... I had a clone Fatality and Oh boy what a difference between the real ones......
2b19f1236cc9b46cc1a31d1361917596.jpg

When I first got into mechs I bought clones, than started buying authentic and realised their is a night and day difference!

Sent from Amchitka

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I first got into mechs I bought clones, than started buying authentic and realised their is a night and day difference!

Sent from Amchitka
Those legitimate mech mods are made with high grade materials, high grade springs and top switches and magnets and connections........ and that's not taking the time and precision in the building process....of the high end mods.....

Buy a legit Purge and compare every component with each other......

You see the difference in the quality and specially the performance ....

The clones are simply just put together.... But are priced to meet that criteria.....

2324d5bdb4f7a3c338c5d681e14eaad5.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love it's plastic and light and hate to take it out of the house.......

The Vapedroid X1C2.......
77d534ca944a5e33865a42faebbefeb8.jpg

She is now black Ultem.....
dca2902cc5821387a190301ac7156fb5.jpg

Last edited:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love the curves on this beautiful thing and love sucking on that little nipple ......

And I hate that's she's not a real lady....
259f5a82069c8f8a467b8f9af1acfb73.jpg

VU Sponsors