Become a Patron!

Mod recommendations

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's what I meant. I'll rephrase.
Regulated mods have a voltage cutoff that should keep the battery from going too low or be damaged.
Yihi SX mod boards can carry on draining the cells, there have been reports that they can make dead cells
Kills the cells by draining lower than 2v if left in the mods over time.

The mod might shut its shelf so wont fire as a board protection.
But even when off it is still carrying on drawing something from them
once they are taken out and go to external charger for charging
it shows how low they got ?

Which is not a good thing

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Yihi SX mod boards can carry on draining the cells, there have been reports that they can make dead cells
Kills the cells by draining lower than 2v if left in the mods over time.

The mod might shut its shelf so wont fire as a board protection.
But even when off it is still carrying on drawing something from them
once they are taken out and go to external charger for charging
it shows how low they got ?

Which is not a good thing

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Batteries shouldn't be left in a mod when not using, even if there's no board that might draw current.
Shut off, or cutoff, is a battery protector not a board protector.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Batteries shouldn't be left in a mod when not using, even if there's no board that might draw current.
Shut off, or cutoff, is a battery protector not a board protector.
Yeah, the board keeps monitoring the button that you use to power it on so it's never completely powered off... what they call "deep sleep". But if storing batteries unused for months, you also have to take into account that batteries slowly self-discharge, and that batteries age even when they're not being used so, to keep them from aging faster than really is necessary whilst they're held in storage not being used, keep them below ~50% of SoC (State of Charge), ~3.5 volts. (You can simply discharge them to that voltage, or use a charger that shows you the voltage to charge them to 3.5 volts.) Also to keep your batteries from aging faster when you're not using them for a few days or weeks, if you can be certain that you aren't going to use a battery, just don't charge it until you think it might, or know it wil, be necessary to charge it (i.e. don't charge batteries if it doesn't make a difference to you whether they're charged or not).

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have some mods that shut themselves off after (1) hour of not being used......

I like that.....
7fdf24f85ec5b5f44e841f974abda14b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have some mods that shut themselves off after (1) hour of not being used......

I like that.....
7fdf24f85ec5b5f44e841f974abda14b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
How do you know it really shuts off completely? I mean, couldn't it be that it just switches from regular 'standby' to 'deep sleep' after an hour of inactivity? With ArcticFox firmware installed (on a mod that can support ArcticFox) the inactivity timeout that specifies how long it needs to stay inactive before it enters deep sleep can be user edited through NFE Tools by using the USB connection. But deep sleep isn't a full shutdown, as the board keeps monitoring the button you use to power the mod back on so, turning it back on is in fact a wakeup from deep sleep like I tried to explain previously, and, AFAIK that's how it works with the vast majority of regulated devices.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How do you know it really shuts off completely? I mean, couldn't it be that it just switches from regular 'standby' to 'deep sleep' after an hour of inactivity? With ArcticFox firmware installed (on a mod that can support ArcticFox) the inactivity timeout that specifies how long it needs to stay inactive before it enters deep sleep can be user edited through NFE Tools by using the USB connection. But deep sleep isn't a full shutdown, as the board keeps monitoring the button you use to power the mod back on so, turning it back on is in fact a wakeup from deep sleep like I tried to explain previously, and, AFAIK that's how it works with the vast majority of regulated devices.
I have to click her (5) times to get her started again..... She is turned off..... She goes through all the starting steps......

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have to click her (5) times to get her started again..... She is turned off..... She goes through all the starting steps......
No, the board needs to keep monitoring the clicky button or else the board can't detect 5 clicks. This constant monitoring process still consumes some (comparatively low) amount of power even though the other functions are shut down.

VU Sponsors