Become a Patron!

mod envy

Merrick92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I too am curious where the last 2 shows are. Will there be no more mod envy recordings @SMOKIE , or has it just been a hectic few weeks?

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Last week Nitro had PC issues, and was unable to record the show, and yesterday @LucidiousRage was caster, and not sure if he captured the recording. But the good news is two of us wrote down the winners names of all the giveaways for the past two shows,

Merrick92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
alrighty,just checking cuz i watch the recordings as well. sometimes i am not home for the live show so it's nice to have the option.

vaper719

Member For 4 Years
just wasted an hour watching the worst mod envy ever and i've been watching for over a year and a half. obviously others feel the same as the most in the fluctuating room count never surpassed 400. this from a show that regularly attracted 700-900. Why? Well while the transition from NOVA didn't help, they have lost touch with their audience, an audience that is intelligent and constantly evolving, like the industry. i doubt i will subject myself to another show where some cheap vendor giving away a protank 2 with a pack of heads gets the same mention as a vendor giving away a $250 authentic mod. Joe may "know" the industry better than anyone else as he claims, but he certainly doesn't have a marketing degree, as the most recent audience figures indicate.

Time to cut the dead wood vendors and focus on content and vendor products that save lives. The garbage they allow sun-vapers.com to give away helps no one and they act like this guy is a saint because he invented the protank. I thought Joe would know better, but apparently there are things about him still stuck in the past that help no one. Focusing on content and products vendors are willing to give away that actually help smoking cessation is the way to stop the downward spiral in viewership.
Juice vendors take note, viewers are piffing their winnings now more than ever...try throwing in a rda.

Last edited:

hazozita

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
just wasted an hour watching the worst mod envy ever and i've been watching for over a year and a half. obviously others feel the same as the most in the fluctuating room count never surpassed 400. this from a show that regularly attracted 700-900. Why? Well while the transition from NOVA didn't help, they have lost touch with their audience, an audience that is intelligent and constantly evolving, like the industry. i doubt i will subject myself to another show where some cheap ass vendor giving away a protank 2 with a pack of heads gets the same mention as a vendor giving away a $250 authentic mod. Joe may "know" the industry better than anyone else as he claims, but he certainly doesn't have a marketing degree, as the most recent audience figures indicate.

Time to cut the dead wood vendors and focus on content and vendor products that save lives. The garbage they allow sun-vapers.com to give away helps no one and they act like this guy is a saint because he invented the protank...bullshit. I thought Joe would know better, but apparently there are things about him still stuck in the past that help no one. Focusing on content and products vendors are willing to give away that actually help smoking cessation is the way to stop the downward spiral in viewership.
Juice vendors take note, viewers are piffing their winnings now more than ever...try throwing in a rda.

Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth. It’s a giveaway show that offers what the vendors/sponsors want to give away. Sometimes high-end; sometimes low-end, but it’s all free. Watch and perhaps win something. Say thanks if you do or at least thanks for the chance if you don’t win.

And what is wrong with a Protank? Many people start off with them; many still use them. It’s not the most up-to-date item out there, but it works. It has just the same potential to “save lives” as a more advanced device. Perhaps more so, since a Protank is stupid simple to use and a perfect starting point for a newby. Moving from a cigalike to a clearo was what got me to stop smoking. And the clearos I used were crap compared with a Protank. If you win one and you're not into clearos, it's a great item to pass along to someone who is still smoking.

Tom950

VU Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There's more to life than giveaways. That's the problem with most people, they only come to see what they can win and could care less about the show itself. Be grateful there ARE any vendors GIVING stuff away instead of berating them. BTW, I still love my protank!

vaper719

Member For 4 Years
Haz, I respect and appreciate your opinion, but I have seen too many folks try cigalikes and protanks, only to revert back to smoking because it didn't meet their needs.
Once that happens they are extremely unlikely to try vaping again. "I tried it and it didn't work" is what I hear.
I have piffed much of my beginners stuff that I thought would be useful to a smoker...the rest I trashed.
BTW, ModEnvy has established itself as a forum that has the potential to be much more than a "give away" show and should constantly be striving to rid itself of that moniker.
Grats on your success!!!

Last edited:

vaper719

Member For 4 Years
Agreed Tom, and perhaps because of my disappointment with this weeks show, I felt the need to speak out. I guess the following weeks ratings will be the true test. BTW, I only berated the one vendor I felt needed to be called out. Freedom of speech you know.
"I may disagree with what you said, but will defend to my death your right to say it". I'm interested in saving lives, when I can.

Last edited:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There's more to life than giveaways. That's the problem with most people, they only come to see what they can win and could care less about the show itself. Be grateful there ARE any vendors GIVING stuff away instead of berating them. BTW, I still love my protank!

In da house rocks the mini on a Shark~word
IMG_2424_zps69d2f965.jpg

Merrick92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's possible that viewership was down this week for a totally different reason. I would think you would have to look at more than a week to week to see if there is a seasonal pattern, or maybe something else going on this specific weekend they may account for a drop off in numbers. One week does not a trend make and all that....

VU Sponsors