Become a Patron!

mod advice: getting the laisimo 200w tc

JBrentonK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ok i was getting 3 istick 100w tcs. found they only push lik 20 amps so decided that i wouldn't. so im getting an hcigar dna 200. yay. but it wont run my 1.2 n 1.5 ssocc coils n temp mode which is irrelevant but still sucks. so lik i was wanting lower build capacity- the dna don't do below 0.1 ohms. found the laisimo! it does 0.05! that is truly low.

just a question, is this a good buy?

finally, i hear so many ppl say theyre building lik 0.01 builds wtf? HOW YOU DO DAT?!

edit-btw my only real question was does the laisimo do high amps or not.

Last edited:

JBrentonK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i was needing another mod this is y im blowing so much of my money. my sigelei 150 ruined my battery sleeves n i almost burnt my house down n the mod died lol! so i decided to try to stay safer this time lol! see i just really need the vg tanks thats y i decided id do mods again. cant tolerate pg too well. plus, i truly miss my sub ohmers/rdas

JBrentonK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
oh btw EDIT lol:

my only real question was does the laisimo push higher amps. ie does it really do the 200w

or can it do more than the istick100wtcs 20a?

JBrentonK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I heard the Cuboid does much closer to a "true 200watts" is this at all true? I don't think it is, since the cuboid is only like 35$ and this one is like 75$.

JBrentonK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Too i figured since its 200watts i should get the sony vtc4s is that the best bet? (obviously so if it runs 200w)

JBrentonK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
mod plz move this to v/v subforum if its n wrong category...

and will sum1 plz hlp i need this info...

JBrentonK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Really need this info.... Buying real soon....

JBrentonK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
if those are bad questions how about this: how much power does it have compared to the Hcigar VT200 dna200? I could tell you the voltage limit, but I am sure if you ask that question I will tell you what it is by searching for it for you. What do you need to know in order to find out how to compare its power to something like the dna200?

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thread moved to regulated mods

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
my only real question was does the laisimo push higher amps. ie does it really do the 200w

Since it's a dual 18650, then no, it doesn't push a true 200W, the only true 200W devices are triple 18650s or LiPo boxes (all DNA200 devices use LiPos, except the Reuleaux, which is a triple 18650). There is no true 200W devices that run off of dual 18650s. It will achieve the "200W" through PWM (Pulse Width Modulation)

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I love mine, its just like my Snow Wolf but a bit more modern and can be updated and has more features. The software for updating sucks and I had to tweak the stings a bit to get it to work without bricking my Laisimo. I sent Laisimo my edit of their Software so hopefully after they review it it may be pushed out so others have an easier time updating when it comes to time to do so....I also made it so I could inkject my own Wallpapers on it, again their software bricked my device over 8 times trying to get it to work and it was much easier to change whats was needed to get it to work. After some time and cramped fingers and then some time to create some "testing wallpapers" :DHere are the Fruits of my labors....
20160229_102526(0).jpg 20160228_223008.jpg 20160228_223025.jpg

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love mine, its just like my Snow Wolf but a bit more modern and can be updated and has more features. The software for updating sucks and I had to tweak the stings a bit to get it to work without bricking my Laisimo. I sent Laisimo my edit of their Software so hopefully after they review it it may be pushed out so others have an easier time updating when it comes to time to do so....I also made it so I could inkject my own Wallpapers on it, again their software bricked my device over 8 times trying to get it to work and it was much easier to change whats was needed to get it to work. After some time and cramped fingers and then some time to create some "testing wallpapers" Here are the Fruits of my labors....

I like it, but it reminds me tooo much of my old phones and MP3 players.
The whole UI felt identical to an old MP3/MP4 player I have lying around in a drawer somewhere, and the screen left something to be desired........nice backgrounds though :)

JBrentonK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
what if i got the 50$ n not the 200$ wismec roulea instead? its 50$ n the laisamo is 75$... is IT any better cuz of the tripple 18650s?

JBrentonK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
also, if no dual 18650s do the 200w, what does? besides an 18650. im lookin 4 somethin that can pack the 200 watts and still build low... is the lasimo only limited to lik 25 amps lik the istick100wtc?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just how low do you want to build? Are you talking about building low in TC or Power Mods? I've had builds as low as .04 in TC on my DNA200's. I use SS 430 now in TC so my builds are in the .28-.30 range.

JBrentonK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
well obviously thanks to the 0.05 in regular wattage mode on the laisimo l1 i was really excited to build as low as possible. i'd like a 0.01 as like the ideal lowest, but ideally i'd like to try to build even lower. I really like the big clouds so I was wanting to try to play it safe and still see what I could do even then.

So I guess my answer is 0.05? Isn't that the lowest I can build anyway? I thought about getting the Tripple Twisted with vaping with twisted 420 because he said in his video that you can build as low as 0.01 and plus it's tripple 18650 so you can smack lik 3 18650s in there and pull out some of the biggest power out of any of the other box mods available obviously. But I'd really prefer something that actually does TC mode and maybe has some specific chip set so I can know what I'm doing on my device. The laisimo seems to do most of that for me, and I'm getting 2 vtc4's just for the power out put that's really the reason I'm asking, I just have to know what kind of power i'm looking at controling with what batteries and more importantly, what kind of device I'lll expect to be using with lower builds. Because I want to build low, it's just I have to have one that can pull it out. I'm also getting (tonight actually) an Hcigar vt200 dna200.... But you can only build down to 0.1 which sucks. I wish they made a firmwareupgrade where I can build down to lik 0.01 or 0.02 or whatever.But I guess not.

I really don't know what to say in response to your questions except that I'm looking for something that's all around the best for what I want. Since there's nothing too important to say here though clearly I'll probably just get the laisimo and walk away like a stiff as if nothing had been brought up and nothing is changing as far as goes the lower builds I guess.

JBrentonK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Obviously then you can see the question I'm asking and I've asked it before. How much power does this pull out? The Isticktc100w only has a 25amp limit I think. This laisimo can build as low as 0.05 which is freakin awesome, so I'd expect it to do at least 40amps. How much power does it do? I can't understand how much power it has by it just telling me the maximum voltage it does as most people I heard of from youtube reviews seem to be able to judge how much power it can pull out based on the maximum voltage. Is that true? Can somebody please tell me how much power this laisimo l1 has as I've asked like 4 times already?

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dual 18650s hit "200W" by Pulsing. The only way to get 200W is with 3x 18650s, or a LiPo battery.

Every site I've read seems to loop all the wire types together in the range limiter, so I'm unsure if it can actually do 0.05ohm in power mode. Most mods will do 0.05 in TC modes, and 0.1 for Power.

I would take the Reuleaux RX200 over the Laisimo personally, but taste is subjective, I don't really like the Laisimo too much myself. The RX200 has a limit of 0.05 in TC and 0.1 in Power.

In all honesty, I don't see why you would want to build lower than 0.1ohm, it's entirely unnecessary. If you can't achieve your goal at 0.1 ohm, you should probably stop building, there's no reason to build that low, except for TC.

If you absolutely must have a mod that can fire super-sub-ohm, try the Hohm Wrecker G2. It's only a dual 18650, but has no Amp Limit.

As to the
finally, i hear so many ppl say theyre building lik 0.01 builds wtf? HOW YOU DO DAT?!

It's one of 3 things:
  • Built TC coil on a mod that can handle 0.01ohm TC
  • They're lying
  • They're building on a mech and asking God to bring vengeance down upon them, in the way of a battery exploding in their face.
From the way you worded everything, all I can really take away is that you want to build down to 0.05ohms and want a true 200W. I don't believe there is a 18650 based mod capable of both, at this moment in time.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So you want to build down to 0.01ohms? Why would you want to do that? Lower isn't always better.

Let's put this into Ohms Law:

0.01ohm at 200W is 141A.

0.01ohm at 8.4V (series) is 840A at 7056W.

0.01ohm at 4.2V (parallel) is 420A at 1764W.

The Laisimo L1 has an Output Voltage of 7.5V
A 0.05ohm coil, at 7.5V is 150A at 1125W

The Laisimo is a Series Box. That would indicate that it will double your Voltage, but not double your Amps, so even with 2 VTC4s at 30A, you'd only have 30A to play with.
So at 30A, a 0.05ohm build will only allow 45W.

You should make this your best friend: http://www.steam-engine.org/

JBrentonK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
lol!

im gonna get the laisimo l1 should i be afraid of the hohm wrecker? is it dangerous?

JBrentonK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yea.

i just wanna build low.

and btw his stats r prolly funny to most ppl thou i understand they're accurate too.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would suggest you figure out what you are actually doing before trying to build ridiculously low. New guys who want a 200 watt device and build ridiculously low make me cringe. You are going to end up hurting yourself or others around you if you don't heed some of our advice. Be safe!

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
dude just get this...

First off, that's a custom made LiPo box
Second, it's Series, which means you have to build higher, not lower.

So, no he shouldn't get this (even though you couldn't get this one anyways). He should never get any unregulated mod, let alone a series LiPo.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
try focusing on surface area and safely vaping @DED420 gave you some very good advice. There is much more to vaping that building LOW.

VU Sponsors