Become a Patron!

Mod 510 Paint/Scratch Protector?

Cosmic

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The Basilisk mod had a great idea, and included some very thin plastic discs that slipped under your atty to protect your mod from scratches. Unfortunately their site doesn't sell these, and I'll be damned after serious searchage can I find anything similar. A guy on ebay once sold black round stick-ons that worked well, looked like it was made from some kind of tape, but that's not around anymore. I have a nice shiny Asmodus Reborn, and I'll be damned if I let that paint get marred by an atty. I'll resort to diy if I have to, haunting the hardware stores and looking for wide electrical tape if it comes to that.....but these discs were perfect, slipped on and off easily. Has anyone seen anything like this commercially available? Sure would be great to find something like that. Appreciate it!

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Search mod guards and you'll find some. I think it was Fasttech or Gearbest where I saw them. I didn't wanna wait for shipping so I made my own by cutting them out of a Quick Trip lid.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Cosmic

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thank You!! I missed Kidney Puncher somehow in my searches, didn't try the phrase mod guard I guess. Anyway I found them and ordered, so I'm a happy camper now. Thanks!

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
6e9ed9e0866b4775e7345071005647c7.png

I sent desire designs an email asking for a spare or two , they actually replied.

Anyways , my family owns a hardware store (which I work at ) , and I have plenty of washers. Plastic. Nylon. Neoprene. But the neoprene ones are 1/16” thick. Or 1.5mm.

The ones posted here are .8mm

Would I run into any problems?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I sent desire designs an email asking for a spare or two , they actually replied.

Anyways , my family owns a hardware store (which I work at ) , and I have plenty of washers. Plastic. Nylon. Neoprene. But the neoprene ones are 1/16” thick. Or 1.5mm.

The ones posted here are .8mm

Would I run into any problems?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, too thick. Some atties won't be able to make connection with a washer that thick under them. I tried. When I couldn't find the disks made for it, I sanded down one of those rubber washers to fit a 30mm tank I have.

If you have access to a 3d printer, you can get the stl file to print these off of thiniverse.

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, too thick. Some atties won't be able to make connection with a washer that thick under them. I tried. When I couldn't find the disks made for it, I sanded down one of those rubber washers to fit a 30mm tank I have.

If you have access to a 3d printer, you can get the stl file to print these off of thiniverse.
Yeah, I do. That's a lot of work when I can buy them online for $1.55 [rofl]

Now, a cupholder for this Desire Rage would be awesome. But, I probably won't take it outside the house. Once the Pulse 80w comes tomorrow I'll see.

VU Sponsors