Become a Patron!

mixing with scale question

McPuff

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i have decided that i no longer want to buy or clean syringes. so i have purchased a digital scale and glass beakers. now i need to know what weight flavorings, vg, pg are compared to mls. i have heard it is 1 gram per ml. but i am not sure. does vg and pg weigh the same??

McPuff

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
thank you!! that answered every question i had.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
scale is working out well for me vs the syringes that I started out with..
I thought to get beakers as well.. then end'd up just mixing straight into the juice bottles lol (unless of course you are making very large mix's)

McPuff

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I want to use beakers because I want to start using a stirring plate too.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ahh yep yep .. that should work out well then.. stir plate to mix/steep ... didn't put the two together .. haha.. cool

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
just got my scale only issue is pouring too much
You'll get used to it. Just watch the numbers carefully when pouring and stop before you hit your number. Do steady drops after that.
Have you seen those white condiment bottles with the pointed caps? There are red ones for ketchup and yellow for mustard, etc. I got a couple of those from Kroger, Walmart has them too. Got pg in one and vg in the other - they're perfect for pouring or drops.

McPuff

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You'll get used to it. Just watch the numbers carefully when pouring and stop before you hit your number. Do steady drops after that.
Have you seen those white condiment bottles with the pointed caps? There are red ones for ketchup and yellow for mustard, etc. I got a couple of those from Kroger, Walmart has them too. Got pg in one and vg in the other - they're perfect for pouring or drops.

That is a great idea.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have similar that I picked up from heartlandvapes and gotta say those sort of bottles are very handy!

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I'm thinking of making the switch from syringes etc to weight. This us a great post to get me started.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

OneLief

Unique and Ingenious Title
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you use e liquid recipes website, it gives you the option of showing either drops or weight along with ml s in your preferences. If you want a good stirer, I just bought a HJ-1 on Amazon that works great.

VU Sponsors