Become a Patron!

Mixing ratio errors with basemix, can it be salvaged ?

hi their guys and gals i am new to the forum and am struggling to find a solution to my problem so wanted to post to see if anyone could help me out and give me some advice.I have tried to use google and the search function here to see if i could find a solution myself but am still stuggling.

so i have been a bit of a noob (witch i obviously am as i am a new mixer) and stupidly gone and started to mix up flavours using a premixed base liquid. due to chatting with someone iv become aware of my error into not factoring in the pg from my concentrates into my mixes and where i thought it would leave me with a 70/30 ratio, i have obviously got this wrong and now need to see if i can salvage them.

so thier are bottle shots, normal bottles and larger capacity bottles and i will try to give the best breakdown of where im at and if someone could set me on the right path to salvaging as much as possible.i have NOT USED ANY NIC AT ALL, just to get that out straight away. my juices are literally concentrates and base mix.

so lets start with smaller bottles

smaller bottles are 100ml
20% concentrate flavour at 20mls
80% base mix at 70/30 ratio (80mls)

bigger bottles are 120ml
20% concentrate at 24mls
80% base mix at 70/30 ratio (96mls)

bottle shots tbh all have different ratios but have all had a certain amount of 70/30 base mix added (again no nic) if someone could explain to me how to use ejuicemeup calculator or hotrods juicecalculator to work out what im missing to bring it close to an actual 70/30 that would be brilliant as ill have to do that seperately as ill have to find out all the percentages for concentrate on those bottles seperately.

now i understand i will lose flavour with adding additional vg but at the likes of 56/44 and 58.33/41.67 these are very far off my 70/30 i prefer or at least as close as i can get. i also dont have these flavourings left now so cant top that up either so only option is the vg route

next time i will be measuring all this out seperately and using a calculator to help, will keep detailed notes on what i do and hopefully will learn my error of buying stupid 70/30 premixes

im thinking if i was to move these 100ml bottles into spare 120mls i have this would at least give me extra room for another 20mls vg but am unsure what this would then lead my ratios to as the calulators just keep throwing errors at me.

oh as well i did find a "change ratio from/to" function in hotrods calculator that was showing around 40mls of vg would need to be added to get closer or hit 70/30 but again because im not fully confident with the calculators i dont know if thats right or not.

if i have not covered something i will try to get back to reply asap. hopefully someone can help me

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
“if someone could explain to me how to use ejuicemeup calculator or hotrods juicecalculator to work out what im missing to bring it close to an actual 70/30 that would be brilliant as ill have to do that seperately as ill have to find out all the percentages for concentrate on those bottles seperartly.”

——
Welcome!

I use ejuicemeup. Usually when you get error messages it is because you are asking it to do something than can’t be computed with the data or parameters you enter.

:cheers:

Last edited:

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Juice Grinder has a 'Recipe repair' feature. I dunno how that part works but it's my favorite calculator.
It's a (free) download so there is no 3rd party website needed.

thank you very much for your advice guys, i will try to get round to trying these other apps out over this weekend and then try to update here before the end of sunday to let you know how i get on. i already have 5 litres of vg and 2 litres of vg on thier way to not make this mistake again.

VU Sponsors