Become a Patron!

mixing different juices in same tank

bigrobbie

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There are a few flavors I like to mix vape. Anyone else? Are you a purest? Just curious

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are a few flavors I like to mix vape. Anyone else? Are you a purest? Just curious

i am not too picky, in fact i kind of like the slow vape away from the old juice and vaping into the new one......that said, i have a dedicated atomizer/coil for 2 other flavors for vapors fatigue. the spearmint is so strong that if i didn't everything could taste like spearmint forever lol. i do give my atty's alcohol baths every few days.. (i have bought more tanks---to arrive soon) i have a lot of atty's for some reason,, i just kept buying them at the local b&m... i have yet to rebuild one..i need to learn that lol.. as 90% are rebuildable. (i think i have like 20-25).

my biggest hurdle,,,,,is opposite flavors,, which is crazy because i am a good seasoned cook.. but i cant seem to find 'anti tropical' anything that isnt sweet................other than english toffee and spearmint. -i think i lean too much on the citrus zone that it is actually what has created a 'chronic vapFat',, lately it seems i can make it only a couple of days on a nice tropical,, then i have to go to the 2 VF flavors.

i used to say my smoking kept everyone else alive........well now its my vaping that keeps everyone else alive.........i even had to up my nic dose this last go around to keep myself away from cigs. --thats a real big deal for me since i smoked for 35 years and have not even had 1 drag since starting vaping.

GrayScaleLiquids

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
i am not too picky, in fact i kind of like the slow vape away from the old juice and vaping into the new one......that said, i have a dedicated atomizer/coil for 2 other flavors for vapors fatigue. the spearmint is so strong that if i didn't everything could taste like spearmint forever lol. i do give my atty's alcohol baths every few days.. (i have bought more tanks---to arrive soon) i have a lot of atty's for some reason,, i just kept buying them at the local b&m... i have yet to rebuild one..i need to learn that lol.. as 90% are rebuildable. (i think i have like 20-25).

my biggest hurdle,,,,,is opposite flavors,, which is crazy because i am a good seasoned cook.. but i cant seem to find 'anti tropical' anything that isnt sweet................other than english toffee and spearmint. -i think i lean too much on the citrus zone that it is actually what has created a 'chronic vapFat',, lately it seems i can make it only a couple of days on a nice tropical,, then i have to go to the 2 VF flavors.

i used to say my smoking kept everyone else alive........well now its my vaping that keeps everyone else alive.........i even had to up my nic dose this last go around to keep myself away from cigs. --thats a real big deal for me since i smoked for 35 years and have not even had 1 drag since starting vaping.
What a great thing man, never went back to cigs! There is nothing wrong with upping Nic levels to keep off cigs, it will pass! At this point I smell someone smoking and I just think it smells bad! I cannot imagine lighting up, it just doesn't sound as good as vaping, lol. You just have to find a flavor / nic combo that works and keeps you off. Eventually you will lose the urge to grab a stinky altogether, trust me. Keep on vaping!

For the OP, I do have a handful of tanks that I keep around for testing new flavors, but I am not against mixing at all. Sometimes I prefer the mix of certain flavors that I never would have thought of due to not waiting until the tank was empty to fill with a new one, lol. I can understand not wanting to mix, but some flavors just go together and obviously taste is subjective. If you enjoy it, that is all that matters!

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What a great thing man, never went back to cigs! There is nothing wrong with upping Nic levels to keep off cigs, it will pass! At this point I smell someone smoking and I just think it smells bad! I cannot imagine lighting up, it just doesn't sound as good as vaping, lol. You just have to find a flavor / nic combo that works and keeps you off. Eventually you will lose the urge to grab a stinky altogether, trust me. Keep on vaping!

For the OP, I do have a handful of tanks that I keep around for testing new flavors, but I am not against mixing at all. Sometimes I prefer the mix of certain flavors that I never would have thought of due to not waiting until the tank was empty to fill with a new one, lol. I can understand not wanting to mix, but some flavors just go together and obviously taste is subjective. If you enjoy it, that is all that matters!
thanks! i have no guilt at all for upping the nic level for a few days because my goal was actually reached: i stopped smoking

i had already gone from 24mg to 6mg with frequent visits to 3+4mg & 1 weekend at 0% (that got popped up to about 2%). i am a flavor chaser and i really dont care for the taste of nic,, i think that had a lot to do with my easy road to dropping the nic level.

i am a bit suspicious that my venture into max vg had something to do with some of my vapors fatigue.. because for weeks i could vape like a chain on 50/50 (same flavor) and have no problems............ but after going heavy on vg (light pg,, only nic and flavors) i seem to run into problems with taste.

i live in Houston,,, year around humidity.........but extremely low humidity the past few weeks............i went out and bought a humidifier and ran it at night in the bedroom.....that seemed to help a lot...............i have a theory on that::

humidity impact on vaping: where every you live your body is used to a certain amount (high or low),, the 'job' of humidity is to 'wash' your air passages. so what if VG and PG for that matter works like a 'oily film' covering your taste buds,, and what if you are not getting your normal amount of humidity? is it possible you are not able to 'wash' (via cough or saliva) your mouth/air passages?

we all googled 'vapors fatigue' or loss of taste,,,, but googling loss of taste buds seemed to hit upon my humidity thoughts a bit,,

the 1st 2 times in got VF i took hot steamy showers and some sinus meds and switched juice,, it did help. but it doesnt quite satisfy if i am vaping products i dont actually like much

anyway,, as you can see i will talk your head off :) thanks for the support i appreciate it!

GrayScaleLiquids

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
thanks! i have no guilt at all for upping the nic level for a few days because my goal was actually reached: i stopped smoking

i had already gone from 24mg to 6mg with frequent visits to 3+4mg & 1 weekend at 0% (that got popped up to about 2%). i am a flavor chaser and i really dont care for the taste of nic,, i think that had a lot to do with my easy road to dropping the nic level.

i am a bit suspicious that my venture into max vg had something to do with some of my vapors fatigue.. because for weeks i could vape like a chain on 50/50 (same flavor) and have no problems............ but after going heavy on vg (light pg,, only nic and flavors) i seem to run into problems with taste.

i live in Houston,,, year around humidity.........but extremely low humidity the past few weeks............i went out and bought a humidifier and ran it at night in the bedroom.....that seemed to help a lot...............i have a theory on that::

humidity impact on vaping: where every you live your body is used to a certain amount (high or low),, the 'job' of humidity is to 'wash' your air passages. so what if VG and PG for that matter works like a 'oily film' covering your taste buds,, and what if you are not getting your normal amount of humidity? is it possible you are not able to 'wash' (via cough or saliva) your mouth/air passages?

we all googled 'vapors fatigue' or loss of taste,,,, but googling loss of taste buds seemed to hit upon my humidity thoughts a bit,,

the 1st 2 times in got VF i took hot steamy showers and some sinus meds and switched juice,, it did help. but it doesnt quite satisfy if i am vaping products i dont actually like much

anyway,, as you can see i will talk your head off :) thanks for the support i appreciate it!
Very interesting! I never thought about humidity being a factor, Kansas here. I really haven't had much of the flavor fatigue issue since I make my own and just up the flavoring or PG a bit if I am feeling at a loss. Obviously higher VG means less flavor, but I only use 80VG/20PG or higher and I am more than satisfied with the flavoring, what kind of flavors are you mostly using? I have found that some seem to "get old" faster than others.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very interesting! I never thought about humidity being a factor, Kansas here. I really haven't had much of the flavor fatigue issue since I make my own and just up the flavoring or PG a bit if I am feeling at a loss. Obviously higher VG means less flavor, but I only use 80VG/20PG or higher and I am more than satisfied with the flavoring, what kind of flavors are you mostly using? I have found that some seem to "get old" faster than others.
i was mostly using 2 dif vape shops,, when 1 suggested i could experiment upping the vg content of some left overs from the other shop..yes i did fully expect the flavors to nearly disappear at first, but they held in there ok,,,but i think i am going to stick closer to 50/50 for now and carefully adjust not just jump to different levels.

heavier vg did help with the dreaded kanger leaky tank issue (mine was very mild) i have ordered a few no name mod's etc to try out.. decided cheap/clones was a decent way to check out other concepts before the next level of investment.

GrayScaleLiquids

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
What kanger were you using that you had leaking issues with? Fiance uses a Kangertech Protank 2 and hasn't had a leaking issue since she got it 6 months ago. Have you ever tried a sub ohm setup?

bigrobbie

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've never understood the popularity of the Pro Tanks (2&3)?

I can't stand the resistance and it's just not ergonomic!

I agree, sub ohm baby! Aspire Cleito, the Smok TFV4, I could go on!

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm never worried about mixing liquids unless I'm testing a specific DIY blend...I've usually got a tank going for bakery/desserts, another tank for fruity/sweets, a third for specific recipes I'm trying to hone in, and a RDA that I can do anything with, re-wicking and dry burning when I make a drastic change like bakery-to-fruit or vice versa.

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do that as well just vape down til hardly any liquid and fill er up. To me i like the change. I do still have a nic attack once in a while. I have like six tanks filled at a time with different flavors and different nic. Love the subohm tanks but 6mg nic or lower on them. So regular tanks get 12mg or 18mg. Never had vf. Hope I dont lol.

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm guessing that you have never tried menthol creme broulet.....
Lol nope the word menthol throws me off. Have tried a thick vanilla bean ice cream and it sort of really lingers in the wick for a long time but I like vanilla so all good there.

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
bwhaaah!!! Menthol / Muffin Man sent me on a coil buying spree! After I finished wretching that is....

bigrobbie

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
menthol and creamy flavors don't seem like they would mesh, but I have mixed menthol with a vanilla b4 but that was trying to make the vanilla brand tolerable

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
menthol and creamy flavors don't seem like they would mesh

The horror.... They don't. Not even a little. I would pay to have that taste-memory removed. Even if surgery would be required. It was vomitarious. If that is a thing. If vomitarious is up for grabs as an actual word, I claim it in the name of Menthol Creme Broulet!

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It helps to think about whether your flavors are compatible before just mixing - which is why I have a coil going for fruits that never gets my dessert flavors, another for desserts that never mixes with fruits, etc...

Ello110

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm a flavor blender. Cosmic Fog's Euphoria and Leet Liquids' Str00wberry Tart at once this morning. Kinda weird tasting blend, can't win with them all.

bigrobbie

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The horror.... They don't. Not even a little. I would pay to have that taste-memory removed. Even if surgery would be required. It was vomitarious. If that is a thing. If vomitarious is up for grabs as an actual word, I claim it in the name of Menthol Creme Broulet!
Vomitarious is officially now one of my favorite words! I will of course give you credit for the creation of a word that I think should be used as often as possible! It's solid, it paints a picture that cannot be mistaken as anything but horrific and honestly it triggers my gag reflex! A+++++ on a killer word bro! And for what it's worth, I agree creamy menthol is vomitarious!!!!!!!

Ello110

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Vomitarious is officially now one of my favorite words! I will of course give you credit for the creation of a word that I think should be used as often as possible! It's solid, it paints a picture that cannot be mistaken as anything but horrific and honestly it triggers my gag reflex! A+++++ on a killer word bro! And for what it's worth, I agree creamy menthol is vomitarious!!!!!!!

Yes, it has much greater impact than vomituos, which sounds far too "proper" to have any effect. Good show. lol
But my wacky jeebus creamy menthol sounds tragic.

bigrobbie

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I made the most demoralizing choice once and mixed salted caramel cream with key lime pie...I think it gave me a disease of undetermined prognosis!

Tumbleweed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I always mix my Root Beer Float (24 Vapor) & Creamy Puddin' (Trippy Drips).
It adds volume & a layer of vanilla creaminess to an otherwise fairly strong root beer.

bigrobbie

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You know, that actually sounds really, really good! I've stayed away from root beer (and actually any cola flavors) just thought it would taste to "chemical" or forced. Kinda closed my mind to it but your description sounds quite good!

Tumbleweed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You know, that actually sounds really, really good! I've stayed away from root beer (and actually any cola flavors) just thought it would taste to "chemical" or forced. Kinda closed my mind to it but your description sounds quite good!

It's the only way I can use this root beer- it's pretty bold.
The Creamy Puddin' really smoothes it out.
I wouldn't be afraid to add cherry or a custard to the mix as well.

I also always keep a catch bottle where I collect all the last of the juice from individual bottles/tanks & what not. I call that the Goulash. No matter what's in it, it's always good!

bigrobbie

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I didn't know it but I too have a goulash! LOL...I call mine the "oh s**t! I'm outta juice" bottle! Smells kinda like cinnamon custard with a dash of fruit. I can never dump oil down the drain so like you if there is a small amount and I wanna clean and refill with something different I use the "oh s**t I'm outta juice " bottle!

Tumbleweed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't know it but I too have a goulash! LOL...I call mine the "oh s**t! I'm outta juice" bottle! Smells kinda like cinnamon custard with a dash of fruit. I can never dump oil down the drain so like you if there is a small amount and I wanna clean and refill with something different I use the "oh s**t I'm outta juice " bottle!

Right on!

jonnyjonny_uk

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When I first started vaping and bought my first Ecig which was a Joyetech Ego C I used the standard Joyetech liquids and mixed the Coconut with USA Mix(Marlboro) and this is very pleasant and even though I'm now into the more premium liquids I still go back to this on occasion.

Vapin_4_Real

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Personally I have never tried mixing juices in my tanks. I am a one juice per tank type of guy.

VU Sponsors