Become a Patron!

Mixing by Volume.

ReyesRec89

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey guys so I'm making my first batch of eliquid and I'm stuck on steam engine right now with it asking me about the "nicotine base liquid". It's 48mg/ml but idk what that is in %. The purity I know is 100% but I don't want to make a mistake especially with nic.. can someone throw me a life line?

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you asking after the VG/PG ratio, or trying to convert mg/ml to %?

I can't help with the first one, as there are many different blends. 48 mg/ml is 4.8%.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
e juice me up or ELR calculators are easier for me to use. I downloaded steam engine and didn't like it. Sorry no help here.

ReyesRec89

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I might be screwed for now, I did not buy any pg with my kit, and got the vg nic..the calculator telling me the mix won't work think I messed up with not getting pg. Thought I could just my flavorings as the pg was gona do 10 and 10 with flavorings even..
a0e449b43deed428ff9f0f00e319954e.jpg

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I might be screwed for now, I did not buy any pg with my kit, and got the vg nic..the calculator telling me the mix won't work think I messed up with not getting pg. Thought I could just my flavorings as the pg was gona do 10 and 10 with flavorings even..
a0e449b43deed428ff9f0f00e319954e.jpg
I use 10% distilled water instead of pg.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
You can do max vg. If putting 100% vg doesn't work subtract % of flavor to total vg. For example if flavors are 10% for all enter 90% vg. You can buy distilled water just about anywhere. Grocery store is where I get mine.

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Water is not necessarily required/needed. When mixes have a majority of VG, they have a tendency to be very thick. Thick liquids may not wick as well in some atomizers. Therefore, mixers may add water to thin the VG. I personally never went over 5% water, but this is up to you in your final mix.

As far as replacing PG with water, be careful of the percentage of water you use. Water does not vaporize as readily nor does it make good vapor. You could just as easily mix you VG with 5 or so percent of water to thin it down, and use this in place of the PG, which would basically make a 100% VG mix (minus your percentage of water).

Don't know about your flavorings, but most I purchase are PG based. These will naturally add PG to your mix.

Some people don't like PG, some don't like high VG. PG sometimes causes reactions, VG sometimes causes phlegm.

Fun awaits you. No matter what, things will be OK.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I don't like th so I use nic salts and mix for max vg using dw 7-10% depending on flavor %. Smooth vape with same clouds as 70vg/30pg juices. My calculator quotes around 77vg/23pg with 10% dw and 11% flavor. If I'm using lighter flavors I also use 10% pg.and 7% dw. IDK works for me.

ReyesRec89

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
stupid question. does vg based nic have any pg in it at all? I thought it would be like a 50/50 kind of thing.

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope. No PG. Usually I purchase my nic in PG base, as the general consensus seems to be that nic mixes better with PG; less chance of nic hot spots in the liquid. If you use VG based nic, be sure to shake and mix it well.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
stupid question. does vg based nic have any pg in it at all? I thought it would be like a 50/50 kind of thing.
Never dawned on me you had vg based nic. Shouldn't have any pg. Be sure to shake before using.

ReyesRec89

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
well I guess in a few days we'll see what this taste like. I know it's high VG but deff not worried about that.
6b36f86e4316de19c444ef9fa8c19d62.jpg

VU Sponsors