Become a Patron!

Mixers Drought

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ok,, i have mixers drought........any ideas for 1 or 2 or 3 of any of the flavors listed? they are all FA

and 1 more (ever begging) what FA flavors would you suggest i should buy to truly round out a decent start to go with what i already have.

HUGE THANKS TO ANYONE :)

Flavors in stash: 16
Berryl (Raspberry) (FA)
Catalan Cream (FA)
Coconut
Cream Fresh (FA)
Dark Bean (Coffee Espresso) (FA)
Forest Mix (Forest Fruit) (FA)
Fresh pineapple
Glory (FA)
Irish Cream (FA)
Jamaican Rum (FA)
Joy (FA)
Marzipan (FA)
Nonna's Cake (FA)
Oba oba
Torrone (FA)
Vanilla Tahiti (FA)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
ok,, i have mixers drought........any ideas for 1 or 2 or 3 of any of the flavors listed? they are all FA

and 1 more (ever begging) what FA flavors would you suggest i should buy to truly round out a decent start to go with what i already have.

HUGE THANKS TO ANYONE :)

Flavors in stash: 16
Berryl (Raspberry) (FA)
Catalan Cream (FA)
Coconut
Cream Fresh (FA)
Forest Mix (Forest Fruit) (FA)
Fresh pineapple
Glory (FA)
Irish Cream (FA)
Jamaican Rum (FA)
Joy (FA)
Marzipan (FA)
Nonna's Cake (FA)
Oba oba
Torrone (FA)
Vanilla Tahiti (FA)

I moved to your post to a thread of it's own in the DIY General Discussion area, to help you better.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Glory and Jamaican Rum, you could add Coconut, Pineapple, and Catalan Cream to the mix as well. I'm currently working on something similar to this, just with a few more flavors. It will need at least one week steeping, in order for the tobacco to come out.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I moved to your post to a thread of it's own in the DIY General Discussion area, to help you better.
thanks huckleberried,,

i have trying to use patience and mix solo flavors.. i even started out at 0.5%,, and the next batch would be 1% and so on... my tastebuds just arent finding good pairings. now i can take a store bought juice and cut it down severely and they still taste fine to me........so its not about depth of the flavor,, but finding those that go together well in vapeland.

ie,,, pineapple cake sounds great,, but pineapple and nonna cake is just kind of 'meh',,yes i know i likely need some brown sugar,, and .........uh,,, and uh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...(stomps off to go work on coils instead)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
thanks huckleberried,,

i have trying to use patience and mix solo flavors.. i even started out at 0.5%,, and the next batch would be 1% and so on... my tastebuds just arent finding good pairings. now i can take a store bought juice and cut it down severely and they still taste fine to me........so its not about depth of the flavor,, but finding those that go together well in vapeland.

ie,,, pineapple cake sounds great,, but pineapple and nonna cake is just kind of 'meh',,yes i know i likely need some brown sugar,, and .........uh,,, and uh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...(stomps off to go work on coils instead)
Give them a bit of time, too. Most simple fruit mixes are fine shake and vape, but the creams and desserts definitely improve in time.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thanks huckleberried,,

Nonna cake is good standalone at about 4 to 5%, at 3% I couldn't taste much. A lot of FA flavors work great at 0.5 to 2% but not all of them

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'd say you need some more fruits.
Fuji Apple
Lemon Sicily
Lime (either one or both)
Pomegranate
Passion Fruit
Strawberry
Cookie
Meringue
Vanilla Classic
Condensed Milk (some don't like this one but I think it adds something the other Creams are missing)
(But only used at 0.5% along with Vanilla Classic + Fresh Cream/Vienna Cream)

Last edited:

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nonna cake is good standalone at about 4 to 5%, at 3% I couldn't taste much. A lot of FA flavors work great at 0.5 to 2% but not all of them
mjag,, today was nonna cake @ 4%--very nice thank you ;)

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd say you need some more fruits.
Fuji Apple
Lemon Sicily
Lime (either one or both)
Pomegranate
Passion Fruit
Strawberry
Cookie
Meringue
Vanilla Classic
Condensed Milk (some don't like this one but I think it adds something the other Creams are missing)
(But only used at 0.5% along with Vanilla Classic + Fresh Cream/Vienna Cream)
nice list,, i will add them shortly---very much appreciate your thoughts!

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glory and Jamaican Rum, you could add Coconut, Pineapple, and Catalan Cream to the mix as well. I'm currently working on something similar to this, just with a few more flavors. It will need at least one week steeping, in order for the tobacco to come out.
your recipe(ish) is part of my plans for the weekend. -thanks! :)

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pineapple + Coconut = Pina Colada

Maybe start with 1% Pineapple + 2.5% Coconut

Jamaican Rum is even pretty good stand alone at 2-4%.

Heabob,,,,yes,, i did try the JR stand alone around 3% the other day and i liked it,,and i think your 4% is likely the kick i need.

i had already mixed up some 'cocopine' as below--i havent tried it yet,,i will find a recipe to name after you :)
SteveS45 cocopine
fd806a16e799b4ff8c905ff5dccce03f
- by kross8, yesterday, at 23:51

Ingredient
ml
Drops
%

Nicotine juice 48 mg (100% PG)

VG dilutant

Total base

Coconut
11-drops
3%

Fresh pineapple
7-drops
2%

Totals

Last edited:

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
since i use max VG,,,(pg Nic & flavors) and since i am only mixing 10mls at a time for now...i mix the ingredients then put them in a hot water bath until they reach room temp,,,,,,,normally i would mix 30mls at a time and use a coffee frother.

sorry about the copy/paste format,,,,,,,maybe i have to use a screenshot.....

cream espresso
- by kross8, today, at 00:07

Ingredient
ml
Drops
%

VG dilutant

Total base

Catalan Cream (FA)
11 drops
3%

coffee expresso FA
7 drops
2%

Totals

Strength: 2 mg
PG/VG-ratio: 9/91
Flavor total: 0.5 ml (5%)
Drops per ml: 35

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you are looking to add to your stash listed above...

I really like strawberry FA added to forest fruit.
Fuji FA is great.
White peach FA. Yummy.
Cookie FA
And although not FA. But biscuit INW is versatile and can give you a bakery taste to everything.

Of course all of the fruits can be wonderfully mixed with Vienna cream FA and fresh cream FA. What is what I like to do when jumping into a any new fruit flavor.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you are looking to add to your stash listed above...

I really like strawberry FA added to forest fruit.
Fuji FA is great.
White peach FA. Yummy.
Cookie FA
And although not FA. But biscuit INW is versatile and can give you a bakery taste to everything.

Of course all of the fruits can be wonderfully mixed with Vienna cream FA and fresh cream FA. What is what I like to do when jumping into a any new fruit flavor.
thanks Chris!

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i have been vaping the creamy espresso i made earlier,,(i used to drink 8 pots of coffee a day)....its ok,, but i am going to let it rest and hopefully tone down for a few days.......if all fails,, i will dilute it a bit with vg lol

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
i have been vaping the creamy espresso i made earlier,,(i used to drink 8 pots of coffee a day)....its ok,, but i am going to let it rest and hopefully tone down for a few days.......if all fails,, i will dilute it a bit with vg lol

At least your able to taste the flavors using high VG as a few were having some problems, although it could have just been taste bud issues mostly.

Even though I drink way more Coffee than I should, I'm still not too keen on the Coffee type vapes, or Tiramisu.
Or I have to use 0.5% or less, with lots of Cream to tone it down even more:coffee:.

Some other flavors you might also like, well, there's always a "next order" :teehee:.

INW Shisha Strawberry 2% + INW Biscuit 2%
(That Biscuit just works with so many things)

Might come close with FA Strawberry 2% + FA Cookie 3%, (but I haven't tried that combo yet)

TFA Brown Sugar (nice for adding some sweetness and baked effect)

Kinda like FA Brandy too, but I don't really get the "brandy part".

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
since i use max VG,,,(pg Nic & flavors) and since i am only mixing 10mls at a time for now...i mix the ingredients then put them in a hot water bath until they reach room temp,,,,,,,normally i would mix 30mls at a time and use a coffee frother.

sorry about the copy/paste format,,,,,,,maybe i have to use a screenshot.....

cream espresso
- by kross8, today, at 00:07

Ingredient
ml
Drops
%

VG dilutant

Total base

Catalan Cream (FA)
11 drops
3%

coffee expresso FA
7 drops
2%

Totals

Strength: 2 mg
PG/VG-ratio: 9/91
Flavor total: 0.5 ml (5%)
Drops per ml: 35

just too strong/heavy,, i ended up adding 10mls of base and will let it set for a week or more. now i likely would have liked it just fine when i first stopped smoking........but not so much now. since i was expecting the espresso to be strong i thought i would be ok having it play the jr in the recipe with cream as the sr.................nope,, i need to cut the espresso way down.

Lodvig

Member For 4 Years
Congratulations on your liberation from cigarettes, I'm at 6m,10d. Vapin' like a fiend.

If I had access to your stash.. I'd do a pineapple upside down cake and sub the Jamaican rum and joy for brown sugar... need to get me some of that nonna cake I thinks... so maybe a 4%cake, 1-2%pa and 2% rum/joy.

Definitely get yourself some fruits..im loving juicy peach and banana cream, strawberry ripe/sweet with cheesecake and graham cracker and Fuji, with apple pie and cinnamon Danish.

my dailies are ry4 double and pistachio or hazelnut and Bavarian cream. most of my stuff is rounded out with a bit of vanilla cream/swirl, koolada or ethyl maltol for coolin' or sweetn'n up.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
not bad- tried the Catalan Cream by itself,, it was ok,, definitely has a lighter 'up there tone' than the rum. i never had creme brulee',,, it never appealed to me,, custard looking stuff never does.........except tapioca :)

Catalan Cream (FA)
0.43ml
15drops
4.25%

Berryl (Raspberry) (FA)
0.08ml
3drops
0.75%

edit,,,,,,,,,,10 minutes after this post,, this one is starting to grow on me pretty good

Last edited:

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Congratulations on your liberation from cigarettes, I'm at 6m,10d. Vapin' like a fiend.

If I had access to your stash.. I'd do a pineapple upside down cake and sub the Jamaican rum and joy for brown sugar... need to get me some of that nonna cake I thinks... so maybe a 4%cake, 1-2%pa and 2% rum/joy.

Definitely get yourself some fruits..im loving juicy peach and banana cream, strawberry ripe/sweet with cheesecake and graham cracker and Fuji, with apple pie and cinnamon Danish.

my dailies are ry4 double and pistachio or hazelnut and Bavarian cream. most of my stuff is rounded out with a bit of vanilla cream/swirl, koolada or ethyl maltol for coolin' or sweetn'n up.
i just now saw your post,,,,thanks for the subs,, i will try them out! :)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Go to the other thread and grab a copy of the Cloned e-Juice Bible that is definitely a help when it come to DIY'ers Block!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am not using it to make clones but rather get ideas on new creations. Starting to look like a vape shop with all the bottles here.

:ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice:

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am not using it to make clones but rather get ideas on new creations. Starting to look like a vape shop with all the bottles here.

:ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice:
lol,, i am running out of little bottles,,,,,,,,,i have a bunch of LorAnn's dram bottles i may have to drag out

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mixer's Drought Special...................i am naming your recipes after you.........so,,,,,,,there you go,, a published chef! :)

besides it helps to remind me who inspired the recipe so i dont trash it thinking it was one of my botched recipes

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just ran to one of my Vape Shops because he saves the empties for me! I pay him a buck a glass dropper bottle and he always does me right. Today I got 60ML of e-Liquids with very interesting descriptions.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What are you calling them?
i posted yours yesterday,,,, i try to use your own words (lugvig'd screamed for more silly name though)

SteveS45 cocopine
- by kross8, friday, 23:51

Ingredient
ml
Drops
%

VG dilutant

Total base

Coconut

Fresh pineapple

Totals

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Cool I just invented a new one but I have not decided whether to call it Peachy Dew or Dewy Peach??

:ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice: <---My desk now

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lodvigs drunken upside down pineapple cake

Gravatar - by kross8, today, at 23:35

Ingredient----------------ml-or--Drops--or-- %
Fresh pineapple 0.2--7--- 2
Jamaican Rum (FA) 0.1--4---1
joy 0.1--4---1
Nonna's Cake (FA) 0.4--14--4

update--
this was pretty good, but i think i will drop the JR and up the pineapple 1%,,,,,,,,,,,,,it wont be drunken anymore,,, but still Lodvig's inspiration

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Are actually using Rum? I was thinking about using some Raspberry Vodka in an e-Liquid

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are actually using Rum? I was thinking about using some Raspberry Vodka in an e-Liquid
i have not used any alcohols in the ejuices...........i do like SweetLeaf Stevia plain and Sweetleaf Stevia English Toffee.

bought some real nice coffee beans trying to make my own coffee blend,,,,,,,,,,but all that did was gunk up the coils.

had an episode where the family pranked me with A1 sauce,,,,,,,,,,not good btw.......

i have mixed a fair share of LorAnns'........some good some 'meh'

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have a Cappuccino I had bought thinking it would be good and was the most disgusting thing I ever tasted. I remember when I bought it saying I love Cappuccino how could it not be good? Yeah right! Tasted worst than burned coffee grinds..........:cuss:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
not too bad 10ml w 2mg nic, may need more pineapple or some sweetener

Coconut
0.15ml
6 drops
1.5%

pineapple
0.15ml
6drops
1.5%

Jamaican Rum (FA)
0.15ml
6drops
1.5%

Vanilla Tahiti (FA)
0.06ml
3drops
0.6%

Try cutting the Vanilla Tahiti back to 0.03ml then add in 0.02ml of Sweetner from FA. That may help balance this one out. Not that I exactly know much on mixing. * chuckles *

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try cutting the Vanilla Tahiti back to 0.03ml then add in 0.02ml of Sweetner from FA. That may help balance this one out. Not that I exactly know much on mixing. * chuckles *
i will ,,
i ended up adding 1 drop for every 2mls of juice (10ml this time=5 drops) of liquid stevia..........it was pretty good,, i 'vaped' it down :)

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is one of HeadinClouds's recipes since I tried it I have made hundreds of ml. it's fantastic but you will need a few flavors

HIC's Vanilla Nut Coffee

1% FA Espresso
1% FA Vienna Cream
1% FA Fresh Cream
.5% Fa Nut Mix Or FA Hazelnut Or half of ea.
.5% FA Vanilla Classic

I like it a little stronger @ X 1.5 its fantastic either way ( Thanks Again HIC )

All credit goes to @HeadInClouds

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i will ,,
i ended up adding 1 drop for every 2mls of juice (10ml this time=5 drops) of liquid stevia..........it was pretty good,, i 'vaped' it down :)

Whew. Okay, good, good. Glad you replaced with your choice of sweetner. Saw that after posting. Silly me not reading all the words. * chuckles *

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is one of HeadinClouds's recipes since I tried it I have made hundreds of ml. it's fantastic but you will need a few flavors

HIC's Vanilla Nut Coffee

1% FA Espresso
1% FA Vienna Cream
1% FA Fresh Cream
.5% Fa Nut Mix Or FA Hazelnut Or half of ea.
.5% FA Vanilla Classic

I like it a little stronger @ X 1.5 its fantastic either way ( Thanks Again HIC )

All credit goes to @HeadInClouds
i have ultimate respect and admiration for HeadInClouds...........i 'eavesdrop him/her' as much as possible,, but wont bother them,

i notice s/he is max vg like myself....but i wondered about their nic,, not the brand but the concentration/dilution rate (i dont have their brand yet).....ie,, mine is 48mg cut to 1 or 2mg,,,,,,,,,,,,,is there enough dif to affect pop's in flavor?

what is the mod style? i use a topbox now with .50-.70 ohm rayon,,i soon will be with a SXK RDTA.......

this last sunday i vaped 60+ mls working on recipes...........by the 45ml.. i am sure my tastebuds were just tired,, but no vapors tongue!(yeah rayon!!!)............i think my current flavors are too 'heavy/similar' to taste a noticeable flavor/recipe change.

i have what seems like a simple goal,, create 3-7 simple vapes with 1 to 4 flavors to become my adv...........

while i can greatly appreciate all of the work that goes into creating so many elaborate recipes,, it isnt my goal. i am willing to pay for premium blends as a treat and tasty enough diy for my own use.

this may sound bad,, and in no way do want this to be an insult to all of the good mixers in the vape world,, but when i smoked i never really put much thought into it......and vaping and hobby side of it has taken a large portion of my free time...........at the expense of other hobbies/interests i really enjoy and want to return to............its almost a joke in the house now.. since Nov2015,,,,,,,,,all of my interests have died............but they havent...........i need to return to them for life balance. :)

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Gravatar - by kross8, today, at 23:35

Ingredient----------------ml-or--Drops--or-- %
Fresh pineapple 0.2--7--- 2
Jamaican Rum (FA) 0.1--4---1
joy 0.1--4---1
Nonna's Cake (FA) 0.4--14--4

update--
this was pretty good, but i think i will drop the JR and up the pineapple 1%,,,,,,,,,,,,,it wont be drunken anymore,,, but still Lodvig's inspiration
Lodvig,, your pineapple cake has become a nearly adv for me. fwiw,, i had some leftover juice that was very 'buttery'.. i add 2 drops per 10ml and i love this stuff. ----->>>THANKS!

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
updating my flavor list,,if anyone sees an interesting combo please chime in........diy is starting to feel like 'shooting ghosts in the dark'
Flavors in stash: 27 all are FA

Apricot (FA)
Berryl (Raspberry) (FA)
Bilberry (FA)
Blackcurrant (FA)
Cardamom (FA)
Catalan Cream (FA)
Coconut
Cola
Cream Fresh (FA)
Lime Tahiti