Become a Patron!

Misfire fix?

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey all, I got an Assassin mech the other day and it worked great. Looks amazing with the Kennedy V2. Thing is, I'll something get a "dud hit" where it won't fire hard, I'll push it again and it's fine. I've checked the connections and the battery is fully charged. Also, the mod and button gets really hot too, so that worries me. Any help?

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Did you check the atty?
Like the bottom pin? I didn't. Lemme check it quick.

Edit: I actually can't adjust it. There's no screw. Just a flat connector. Also, This mod kills my batteries in like an hour,

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Have you looked at the coil?....loose connection?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If the switch is getting really hot I would shit can the mod. Damn sure isn't worth vaping a potential pipe bomb.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Have you tried a different aty?

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No I don't. I may pick one up tomorrow. But, I realized the battery I had in it was about dead. Swapped it out and it's fine. No battery rattle. Maybe it's a battery issue? Like I said the mod gets hot quick.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No I don't. I may pick one up tomorrow. But, I realized the battery I had in it was about dead. Swapped it out and it's fine. No battery rattle. Maybe it's a battery issue? Like I said the mod gets hot quick.
Very well could be if you're not using a good battery, like LG Sony Samsung.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Doesn't the mod have adjustment to tighten the firing button to the battery?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
if it hit's most of the time but sometimes it misfires and also gets hot I would think it would be a problem with the switch.

The switch spring is what takes all the current so upgrading to a stiffer spring or even a magnet upgrade (if one is available for your mod) can solve the problem with heat.

Also loosening the firing pin (on the switch end) just a tad can possibly solve the misfire issue

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
DSC_12133211.jpg

The non metal switch means that all of your current is going through the springs.
I'd be careful as it is not rated for anything lower than 0.5ohms

I just found some great tips and tricks on how to get it to hit harder in this fasttech thread:
https://www.fasttech.com/forums/4064803/t/1997272/for-the-miniscule-price-a-nice-mod

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

VU Sponsors