Become a Patron!

Minimum discharge current for vaporizer?

I'm currently attempting to build a vape pen and i'm looking for a suitable lipo cell. I've compared the discharge current of an 18650 to one of a lipo and the difference is huge, and I'm not sure the lipo can put out enough amps. What's an acceptable discharge current to make it work? I'd prefer to use a sub ohm coil and if you need more information, let me know.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Use simple ohms law to determine the current draw from the battery and get a cell with the CDR required for the watts you desire.
20-30 amp CDR is common.

Kitsune

Member For 1 Year
Well it also depends on the Lipo, I own Lipos for RC cars that can put out a whooping 150A :D
They might be a tad to big for vape pens though. :teehee:

Are you planning a 1S or 2S build? (3.7 or 7.4 nominal voltage output)?

Another question: Are you experienced enough to build your own device? I'm asking since an exploding Lipo is something that can be really dangerous and saying "I want it to be sub ohm" can be a range of 5 Amp up to 60 Amp and above. What you would definitely need are protections as in short protections, draw length protections and the like. What Ohm are you trying to achieve?

Well it also depends on the Lipo, I own Lipos for RC cars that can put out a whooping 150A :D
They might be a tad to big for vape pens though. :teehee:

Are you planning a 1S or 2S build? (3.7 or 7.4 nominal voltage output)?

Another question: Are you experienced enough to build your own device? I'm asking since an exploding Lipo is something that can be really dangerous and saying "I want it to be sub ohm" can be a range of 5 Amp up to 60 Amp and above. What you would definitely need are protections as in short protections, draw length protections and the like. What Ohm are you trying to achieve?

1S

also I've worked with lipos before so I know what I'm doing ;)

VU Sponsors