Become a Patron!

Mini fibers/threads/hairs in vape pod

Hey I'm new and so I'm not too familiar with how this site works, so I'm sorry if I mess something up. But anyway, I've had an XROS 3 for about a month. I've been using the same pod since I got it cause it hasn't gone burnt or off so I thought I was golden, till I saw what was in the tank when I was taking a shit.IMG_8458.jpeg

The pod was completely clean when I got it and as of maybe 3 days ago, it wasn't like this. I'm assuming this is a result of user contamination as the fibers in it look 1:1 to the fibers my shirt shed off, but how would I have gotten that, and that much too, inside of the pod? I've as well kept my juice out of any particulate ridden areas and when I refill it I make sure to do it in a clean area.

So, I'm just gonna switch the pod of course, but do you guys know how to avoid this from happening or if it's just inevitable as the pod ages as you consistently refill it?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome @Nelflez and I hope you enjoy your stay~!

Pertaining to your question a POD Lasting a month is a long time for one thing. Secondly I don't know what E-Liquid you are using but it could have come from that or it is the cotton in the POD deteriorating. Anyway it's time for a new Coil/POD.

I am not sure how often you hit your device but a month on a Coil for me would be Amazing Life.

Good Luck~!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
That is some weird looking shit floating in there.
The cotton in the coil can degenerate and send particles of cotton into the eliquid.

I don't think I've seen one look this bad since I was using the shit CE4/5 tank's silica wicks in 2012/13.
Silica just kind of always floated around in the tanks. lol

Welcome @Nelflez and I hope you enjoy your stay~!

Pertaining to your question a POD Lasting a month is a long time for one thing. Secondly I don't know what E-Liquid you are using but it could have come from that or it is the cotton in the POD deteriorating. Anyway it's time for a new Coil/POD.

I am not sure how often you hit your device but a month on a Coil for me would be Amazing Life.

Good Luck~!
I use Coastal Clouds, and I'm typically having to refill it once a day so I do use it pretty heavily, and it's an 0.6ohm pod so I'm also surprised it's lasted so long as well. I'm super impressed with the XROS3, and funny enough it's my first pod system. I came from using Elfbars after I realized how much they suck lol.

That is some weird looking shit floating in there.
The cotton in the coil can degenerate and send particles of cotton into the eliquid.

I don't think I've seen one look this bad since I was using the shit CE4/5 tank's silica wicks in 2012/13.
Silica just kind of always floated around in the tanks. lol
It's just odd cause they look to be black particles, and the cotton is still freshly white.

But to be fair, I had refilled it roughly 35-40 times so the fact it was even still working like it was brand new is impressive. I'm imagining that it just got more and more particles in it each time I refilled it.

But when I tell you I got shivers when I saw that is an understatement. I'm not too sure if the cotton would just block that stuff from being vaporized or what, but either way it's just... straight nasty.

VU Sponsors