Become a Patron!

Might be Redundant Question..but Taifun Leaking From Contact Screw

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It might be a redundant question but I seem to be having an issue with a couple of my Taifun GT's leaking through the contact screw, onto the mod & getting some through onto my batteries. I just noticed it a couple of days ago, and meant to post about it but forgot, until now. So what can I do to remedy the problem, or stop it from occuring? Don't want to burn anything up, namely ME....lol.

Been using my Kayfuns, but having seen that problem with them, not yet at least......

Fad

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Place an o-ring between the head of the screw and the spring.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Take out the screw, wrap 3-4 winds of dental floss at the head of the screw, fit it back in and tighten down. The floss acts as a gasket.

KAS129

Member For 4 Years
I have had the same issue with mine. Tried everything I could think of and never did get it to quit. Finally gave up and just put it in the back row of atty stand and figured I would look at it again later. Looking forward to seeing if anybody comes up with a solution .

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Never heard of this. I was getting slight leaking from my air hole, but that has completely stopped since I switched to rayon. I make sure there is plenty of wicking material inside, maybe you could try more wick?

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Don't know for sure on the GT but the GS comes with an o-ring that fits under the screw.

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I added a 2nd o ring to mine and it is fine.

Uber300

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Do you refill from the top or bottom? I have found that refilling from the bottom maintains the vacuum. You do need to let it set upside down for about 5 minutes. Good luck!

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
yes, i flip it upside down and fill tank. never had any problems.

Uber300

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was speaking to Daniel. Sorry BUDKISS, my bad, I should have quoted his question in my post

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Do you refill from the top or bottom? I have found that refilling from the bottom maintains the vacuum. You do need to let it set upside down for about 5 minutes. Good luck!
So after I refill from the bottom, I need to let it sit upside down for 5 minutes? I didn't know that, I thought a few seconds was good enough....but I will start doing this to make sure it's right. Thanks for the tip...:)

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So after I refill from the bottom, I need to let it sit upside down for 5 minutes? I didn't know that, I thought a few seconds was good enough....but I will start doing this to make sure it's right. Thanks for the tip...:)

you may need to make sure the airhole post is pushed all the way down.. I pulled mine up slightly and it started leaking in the spot.. Pushed it all the way down, lowered my build to be closer to the airhole and its now good to go.

VU Sponsors