Become a Patron!

Midnight Apple

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This recipe was heavily inspired by @wllmc's awesome It's dark in Fuji, which I keep in my rotation. I love the combination of Fuji and tobacco, specially Dark Vapure.

Midnight Apple - Pipe Blend

1.5% FA Fuji Apple
0.25% FA Dark Vapure(0.5% if your brave enough)*
0.5% FA Perique Black
0.5% FA Desert Ship
0.5% FA Tiramisu
0.5% FA Vienna Cream
0.25% FA Cinnamon Ceylon

*If you dislike Dark Vapure, 0.5-1% Latakia would make a good substitute or bump the Perique to 1-1.5%.

When vaping this I imagine myself puffing on an old, well seasoned, tobacco pipe. The dark bitter tobacco is balanced out by the sweet apple and chocolate(that really pops) from the tiramisu. If you'd like a dark dessert-y tobacco you really need to try this. Give it at least a week before judging, best after three weeks or more.

For a hell-a good apple tiramisu skip the tobaccos and tweak to your liking, here's what I'm liking.

Midnight Apple - Tiramisu

1.5% FA Fuji Apple
1% FA Tiramisu
0.5% FA Vienna Cream
0.5% FA Cinnamon Ceylon

Last edited:

NiaJane

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh my! This recipe excites me! And I was loading a cart to order... yippee! Glad I checked here before ordering!
How long did you let this steep?

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The tiramisu is good right away, better after a day, extra creamy-ness kicks in about a week later. The pipe blend needs about a week for the Desert Ship to calm down and its pretty good. Then after about three weeks it gets a bit smoother and creamy, IMO it's ready.

NiaJane

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you! I added what I needed to my order...which was almost everything.:D
But that's good, I' ve just discovered FA and will enjoy trying the tobacco flavors.

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you! I added what I needed to my order...which was almost everything.:D
But that's good, I' ve just discovered FA and will enjoy trying the tobacco flavors.

Warning, those are some really, really, dark tobacco flavors. You may want to reconsidero_O Being new to FA tobaccos I wouldn't want you to get a bad impression. They have some really good milder ones like Cuban, Layton, Seven Leaves, Shade and such.

NiaJane

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the warning. ;)
I have actually been looking for a more robust tobacco flavor, kinda tired of the lighter stuff and a pipe tobacco sounds so good.
I will be sure to post my thoughts.... after a good steep, of course.
Thanks again!

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
oh man this looks so good. fuji and tobacco go so well together . I dont have the perique or the desert lol. its always freakin something. I will be trying this soon tho. plus its 2 recipes in one ! now thats gangster.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
hmm.. interesting.. most midnight apple recipes i see have a touch of absinthe or anise in them..
or mint/menthol based.. still.. looks good, either with or without the tobacco :) ^5

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hmm.. interesting.. most midnight apple recipes i see have a touch of absinthe or anise in them..
or mint/menthol based.. still.. looks good, either with or without the tobacco :) ^5

Actually, I just thought the name sounded good didn't know it was a real thing. A little touch of anise would likely go well in it though. :)

Edd

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm really looking forward to trying this one. I finally placed the order! Personaly I love that dark vapor, even by itself, it's my favorite tobacco flavor so far.

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm really looking forward to trying this one. I finally placed the order! Personaly I love that dark vapor, even by itself, it's my favorite tobacco flavor so far.

You'll likely really like Perique also then. Actually, I've only tried DV by itself at ~.25% but I did wllmc's 'It's dark in Fuji' at .5% and really liked it, so that's what I went with with this. What percent did you mix it at standalone? I know it's just way too bitter for a lot of folks.

Reactions: Edd

Edd

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1.5 % After about 3 days I started adding stuff to it though to tone it down. I didn't think it was bitter but it is definately getting bolder every day but I still like it so far it's been about week. Oh yeah I started at .5 percent and toked that awhile then moved up to 1 thought it was still pretty good and went to 1.5% I can say I enjoyed it the most at 1 percent all by itself. For a few days anyway.

I better add that there is NO way I could vape that percent all day but it sure was good after dinner :)

I can't wait for the Perique. I think I got to atleast 2% with all the tobaccos I have, just to try them but I only made small amounts I could vape in one sitting. I got a bunch coming now and I think I'll be quite close to having them all. I also am excited to try Shade of Pear. I find it easier, like with Wllmc's It's Dark in Fuji, to mix tried and true recipes to try out well any flavor really not just tobaccos.

Kingboomer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok, I'm digging up this zombie thread because I have most of these flavors. I may just have to play around with this one. I don't have cinnamon celyon, but I do have anise, I wonder...

-Kingboomer

Jack Merridew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is it a clone of the Halo flavor or does it just bear the same name?

VU Sponsors