Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Speaking of warm...

IDK if you'd seen, but in my last trek to the thrift store I picked
up a very nice wool blend zipped sweater/hoodie. Turns out my usual
intuition for clothes was right, it's a Toscano and retails for $70.

I paid $2.50 for it in like-new condition..

Retail:
https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/product/2732834/toscano-space-dye-dual-zip-hoodie?color=407%20DENIM

I'm not 6-1 and a perfect size 40 model like that guy, but it works on me pretty well.
It fits me well too, which is a rare thing. So soft and warm, I love it.

The color even matches my old grey beard..lol

View attachment 133531

FWIW, that photo was taken with a $1.50 Canon A520 I got from the same thrift shopping trip :cool:
Rough estimate, I think I got near $1,000 in things that day for about $30.

poor =/= without style!

God, I love a bargain. Must be my Scots ancestry. :rolleyes:

Like your sweater a lot!

Someday I'll have to tell y'all about the thousand dollars worth of antique British sterling silver flatware I got mixed all up in a $15 box of silverplate I bought off eBay.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
God, I love a bargain. Must be my Scots ancestry. :rolleyes:

Like your sweater a lot!

Someday I'll have to tell y'all about the thousand dollars worth of antique British sterling silver flatware I got mixed all up in a $15 box of silverplate I bought off eBay.

Also Scot-Irish ancestry here..I was taught right. ;-)

Back in a bit. Going to try my hand at a triple core fused clapton. Wish me luck haha.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

Go git'er !! :D

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thank you brother, I truly appreciate that.

I understand where you are coming from. I would do anything for my family to make sure they have what they need, even if that meant jail time. Hang in there bro and know that you have family here. That was pretty awesome of that guy to do that for you and your wife whileyou are gone though. Take care of yourself.
Will do bro. I read your posts and can tell you are a man of integrity..My wife is my life. I love her so much. Thank you for your kindness. I know what I did was illegal but under the circumstances it was not wrong or imoral. I would do it again if needed. Peace and love. Big Rick.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Post a pic of the results.
Here is the result of the build. Triple core fused clapton 3×28/38g ka1 2.5mm id 6 wraps. Ohms out at .22Ω dual coil in the DPro. A very flavorful, warm and cloudy vape on top of the DPro unregulated mod. Pretty happy for it being my first. Pics did not come out as well as I'd hoped, but here they are nonetheless.
5b0efd255978437c705c015bec43debf.jpg
8af78a49f2d241c74cdcfa1db8f98c03.jpg

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Eh, not so bad. Took a little break from the internet for a spell:D
That's not so bad. But missed seeing you around brother. Been working on my building as you can see from my post last night. The triple core fc is a breast haha. And a very warm vape, especially for a .22Ω.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's not so bad. But missed seeing you around brother. Been working on my building as you can see from my post last night. The triple core fc is a breast haha. And a very warm vape, especially for a .22Ω.

Thanks man. Had to give myself a time out for a mental reboot, lol.

The triple core looks good dude. Stick with it and you will continue to improve.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks man. Had to give myself a time out for a mental reboot, lol.

The triple core looks good dude. Stick with it and you will continue to improve.
Thanks man. I hope you're doing better. For myself a couple new atties too. Got a Gas Mods Nixon RDTA for my squonk and a Berserker mtl rda. Been loving both of these. Mtl vaping this tobacco juice I made for mom and it is amazing with a 1.3Ω build. Been awesome.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks man. I hope you're doing better. For myself a couple new atties too. Got a Gas Mods Nixon RDTA for my squonk and a Berserker mtl rda. Been loving both of these. Mtl vaping this tobacco juice I made for mom and it is amazing with a 1.3Ω build. Been awesome.

Right on dude! Happy youre enjoying your new gear! :cheers:

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
bet that hits like a freight train. :giggle:
It really does, but most importantly, mom likes thejuice. She hasn't out the smokes down yet, but is using them less. I'm happy that she likes it. I only made a 30ml bottle of it for thefirst run, but thinking that I'll make a 120ml after work tonight. That way I won't have to make it again for a while. We aren't using it fast haha.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow, just for giggles I put that Berserker on a tube mech this morning and it's phenomenal. I never though that 1.3Ω on a mech would do well But I was wrong. 18mg nic mtl like this is just wow man. Loving this experience.

That's about how we vaped back in the day, so makes sense it'd still work well. :)

Glad to hear progress on getting your Mom off the stinkies too. Right on!!

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It really does, but most importantly, mom likes thejuice. She hasn't out the smokes down yet, but is using them less. I'm happy that she likes it. I only made a 30ml bottle of it for thefirst run, but thinking that I'll make a 120ml after work tonight. That way I won't have to make it again for a while. We aren't using it fast haha.

Well done helping your mom to quit the ciggies. It's tough no doubt but staying positive and supportive without preaching is the right approach, IMHO. :)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Breakfast: Chiles Rellenos inspired Omelette

Got some lovely fresh Poblano peppers, decided I wanted to have some for breakfast today. :)
Sauteed up the diced pepper with leftover spicy beef, onion, garlic, dash of Pico de Gallo seasoning, fresh-ground cumin, and cilantro flakes. S&P sprinkled to taste.

Set that aside and did up a couple beaten eggs, then added back in the veggies and some pepperjack cheese. Turned off the heat and covered to let 'er finish off and meltify.

(click thumbnails for larger pics)

Boom..

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Breakfast: A Chilies Rellenos inspired Omelette

Got some lovely fresh Poblano peppers, decided I wanted to have some for breakfast today. :)
Sauteed up the diced pepper with leftover spicy beef, onion, garlic, dash of Pico de Gallo seasoning, fresh-ground cumin, and cilantro flakes. S&P sprinkled to taste.

Set that aside and did up a couple beaten eggs, then added back in the veggies and some pepperjack cheese. Turned off the heat and covered to let 'er finish off and meltify.

Boom..

That's some serious yum going on there. Brekkie is my favorite!

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Breakfast: A Chilies Rellenos inspired Omelette

Boom..
Looks amazing. Makes me hungry LOL

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
You know that the limbo was created by a scot trying to get into a paidtoilet for free :) haha

I actually did that once, at the old Raleigh-Durham airport. That was 'WAY back in the day. No limbo, but I sure got down there on the floor and squiggled up under the door. Had to pee, and no dimes! LOL

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks! I also love brekkie/brunch the most. Rarely actually eat a dinner. :)

I have wanted fried eggs ever since you posted that fried egg with bologna and cheese on toast the other day. Lunchtime yesterday I found myself at Waffle House behind a great big plate of sausage, fried eggs, grits and toast. It still isn't out of my system. May have that here at home for dinner tonight. It's all your fault. :D

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have wanted fried eggs ever since you posted that fried egg with bologna and cheese on toast the other day. Lunchtime yesterday I found myself at Waffle House behind a great big plate of sausage, fried eggs, grits and toast. It still isn't out of my system. May have that here at home for dinner tonight. It's all your fault. :D

Ah, you are welcome. :D

Factoid: I haven't eaten boxed cereal in like a decade.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Beer Protip:

It may not happen very often, but if you've ever poured a beer and then decided you didn't want it, your screwed, eh?
Nope. You can save it, at least for a while in the fridge using a sparkling water bottle.

I poured this beer a couple of days ago, then the game was over, got sleepy, and didn't want to finish it.
IMG_0217.JPG
*Yet another photo from my $1.50 Canon A520, I love that little thing for quick snaps.

They are designed to hold stuff under pressure for some time and it's cap, if tightened well, will keep it carbonated for ya. Probably would work for soda too, I just rarely drink sodas. :cheers:

Last edited:

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finishing up at Wal-Mart and then going back to bed for a few more hours of sleep. I have no business being awake right now LOL

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just ordered the flavors to make this juice called Lazy Morning. I forget who to credit for it though LOL. Uses FA Zippola. I want to say it's a HIC recipe, but could be wrong. Uses all FA flavors.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Slept weird, so back is sore today. But got up, made french press and pilled/fed the cat...

lewisblack1-2x.jpg

I'm happy though, the weather is finally starting to resemble Springtime. :)
Snap819.jpg

Last edited:

VU Sponsors